Groups

Smoking ban...buses?

As far as i know...smoking on a bus should be now banned?
    People still do it and nobody seems to care about it.
    I have spoken with my local bus company regarding smoking on bus.
    There reply

"However, it seems to me that it's extremely difficult for the drivers with the onus placed firmly on them, but people who sit near the offenders seem unwilling to say anything, probably because of the fear of possibly being assaulted, but until the law is changed and an enforceable law with stern punishment is introduced, sadly such disgusting behaviour is likely to continue. I can assure you we are currently looking to see if fining people can be legally enforced and what needs to be in place to ensure such fines can be given. "

Does this sound like a fob to you?

whats your views ?

p.s sorry for just rambling

28 Comments

Course its banned.

Banned

do you fancy talking to a load of 14 year old's to tell them to stop smoking?

I think the bus company already agrees, and is looking for the law to be fully on their side, the poor bus drive has enough aggro as it is with the yobs

its because only trash use the bus, and trash dont care about other people but them selfs.

Banned

Smoke detectors with flashing lights and sirens above each seat. That'll do the trick.

Oh and a sprinkler system.

I used to smoke peng on the bus when I was a teen even though it was banned, looking back on it now it was very rude and inconsiderate to do so, would never consider it now.

Recently seen someone get stabbed for smoking on the bus and refusing to put it out, was quite funny and bet he'll never do it again

Yeah its banned, I would get extremely annoyed if I was near someone smoking on the bus. I have asthma so whenever I go near a smoker I start wheezing even when they haven't got a cigarette in their hand the smell on the clothing causes me to wheeze.

I would have to get off the bus if there was someone smoking on it and I would demand my money back unless they kicked the smoker off the bus.

black gerbil1;8479083

its because only trash use the bus, and trash dont care about other … its because only trash use the bus, and trash dont care about other people but them selfs.

hmm :thinking: ]http//ww…bg1

Most bus companies have signs saying its not allowed, wasnt sure whether the smoking ban extends to buses though?

davidn84;8479105

hmm :thinking: ]http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/657121/bg1Most bus … hmm :thinking: ]http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/657121/bg1Most bus companies have signs saying its not allowed, wasnt sure whether the smoking ban extends to buses though?

Think they banned it in the 90's, it was well before the public smoking ban of 2007

course its banned,but wouldnt expect a driver to take on anyone doing it-the police are hardly going to get involved-they dont seem interested in enforcing the mobile phone while driving ban either.

no offence to the op,but why dont YOU take on the smokers if it concerns you that much?.

Original Poster

barky;8479119

course its banned,but wouldnt expect a driver to take on anyone doing … course its banned,but wouldnt expect a driver to take on anyone doing it-the police are hardly going to get involved-they dont seem interested in enforcing the mobile phone while driving ban either.no offence to the op,but why dont YOU take on the smokers if it concerns you that much?.

do you think i want to get stabbed? :whistling:

akme;8479131

do you think i want to get stabbed? :whistling:

exactly! you have answered your own question then m8-you seriously cant expect the driver to do it then can you? or any bus company official? so their letter isnt a fob off.

Original Poster

barky;8479159

exactly! you have answered your own question then m8-you seriously cant … exactly! you have answered your own question then m8-you seriously cant expect the driver to do it then can you? or any bus company official? so their letter isnt a fob off.

so if it cant be enforced..then whats the point?

black gerbil1;8479083

its because only trash use the bus, and trash dont care about other … its because only trash use the bus, and trash dont care about other people but them selfs.

That's a load of rubbish but not surprised you have said it (awaiting don't hate the player response...lol)

so would you call pensioners trash then and people that can't to afford a car so they have to use public transport

awaiting the comment suggesting jealousy that you probably own a ferrari, buggati etc

complain to your local council

Banned

NFS;8479223

That's a load of rubbish but not surprised you have said it (awaiting … That's a load of rubbish but not surprised you have said it (awaiting don't hate the player response...lol)so would you call pensioners trash then and people that can't to afford a car so they have to use public transportawaiting the comment suggesting jealousy that you probably own a ferrari, buggati etc

DFTT!

Original Poster

NFS;8479223

That's a load of rubbish but not surprised you have said it (awaiting … That's a load of rubbish but not surprised you have said it (awaiting don't hate the player response...lol)so would you call pensioners trash then and people that can't to afford a car so they have to use public transportawaiting the comment suggesting jealousy that you probably own a ferrari, buggati etc

I work in a city center...parking would cost £5 a day or more

A weekly bus ticket costs around £8 a week

guess im scum

akme;8479272

I work in a city center...parking would cost £5 a day or moreA weekly bus … I work in a city center...parking would cost £5 a day or moreA weekly bus ticket costs around £8 a weekguess im scum

If you read my post am not calling anyone scum just making a point that bg1 just posts nonsense and trying to stir people up

I use public transport rather than taking my car to work as can't be bothered paying to park and would have to get in about an hour earlier just to get a space as it's much easier for me to get the train as saves me time, money and avoid traffic jams

using public transport reduces traffic and emisions so it's all in a good way but anyone that has a problem with people smoking should deal with it themselves if it causes them hassle as no-one is going to approach people that are smoking in case of any violence back at them as their are too many idiots out their that will just turn round and give someone a crack for saying something

Original Poster

NFS;8479314

If you read my post am not calling anyone scum just making a point that … If you read my post am not calling anyone scum just making a point that bg1 just posts nonsense and trying to stir people upI use public transport rather than taking my car to work as can't be bothered paying to park and would have to get in about an hour earlier just to get a space as it's much easier for me to get the train as saves me time, money and avoid traffic jamsusing public transport reduces traffic and emisions so it's all in a good way but anyone that has a problem with people smoking should deal with it themselves if it causes them hassle as no-one is going to approach people that are smoking in case of any violence back at them as their are too many idiots out their that will just turn round and give someone a crack for saying something

sorry no i didnt mean you was calling people scum..just erm wanted to back what you said..should have explained that.

akme;8479362

sorry no i didnt mean you was calling people scum..just erm wanted to … sorry no i didnt mean you was calling people scum..just erm wanted to back what you said..should have explained that.

Lol, no worries mate I thought it was against my post

Too many scumbags in society that when people stand up to them they come off worse so it's easier most of the time just to ignore things rather than face the consequences of what could happen

i was sat on the bus coming home from school, and 2 old men were smoking , everyone told the driver and he came and had a look !

and theres sings on buses saying no smoking !

dont think i have ever seen anyone smoke on a bus!!!!, plus i am not scum!!!

Banned

depends on the driver...... ive seen em stop and not move til the little hoodlums are off the bus........people start getting annoyed when theyre inconvenienced.

got the bus this morning woman with headfones oyster didnt have enough cash so she ran upstairs and hid......driver was shouting but gave up as there were too many people waiting to get on

if you are man enough confront em:lol:

give bus drivers silenced 9mms and shoot on site authority stop all them scummy ***** getting on

Local practise in Hackney, Brixton etc

signs on Travel West Midlands bus say £2K fine for smoking. Just the once I challenged someone (politely) for smoking, he got very aggressive, things started to get out of hand with a (very) few other people getting involved, driver refused to continue - I was the one missed my appointment. Haven't bothered trying to intervene since.

and I HAVE to use buses as lost licence on medical grounds...................... :-(

Banned

I use buses a lot, as if I am going into town or to the hospital, it's a hell of a lot easier, cheaper and quicker than taking the bus, as it's a nightmare to drive anywhere near the centre here.

Never, ever seen smoking on a bus, even on the weekend late night/early morning shuttle buses, of course it's against the law to smoke on the bus, I doubt the police give a crap though.

black gerbil1;8479083

Care to elaborate please?????

Bus drivers get enough aggro as it is from some of there passengers. This day and age you never know what someone is carrying so I don't blame the majority for not speaking up.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944529
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424414492
      3. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller11
      4. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2836

See more discussions