Smundit - funding for the NHS

Posted 2nd Jun 2020
Great idea, helps raise funding for the NHS from doing your normal shopping.

smundit.com

No need to sign up (although i have to the newsletter).

Says they are working on more stores which hopefully they can add, got some of the big names on there but not so many yet. They apparently keep updated from the newsletter.
Community Updates
7 Comments
funding the NHS ? Seriously? Thats the governments job. It is not a charity, Its funded from taxation, national insurance, patient charges and prescription charges.

Everyone is rushing to "donate to the NHS". The tories have almost destroyed the NHS, the public should not be so quick to throw money at a problem created by them (not the virus of course, I mean the lack of PPE and the wages freezes etc etc.)
LazyVampire02/06/2020 13:16

funding the NHS ? Seriously? Thats the governments job. It is not a …funding the NHS ? Seriously? Thats the governments job. It is not a charity, Its funded from taxation, national insurance, patient charges and prescription charges.Everyone is rushing to "donate to the NHS". The tories have almost destroyed the NHS, the public should not be so quick to throw money at a problem created by them (not the virus of course, I mean the lack of PPE and the wages freezes etc etc.)

It is and the government have indeed had their hands in their pockets, but every little helps. The NHS is under funded and this is a sad fact, so why not help?
pricedroppin02/06/2020 13:22

It is and the government have indeed had their hands in their pockets, but …It is and the government have indeed had their hands in their pockets, but every little helps. The NHS is under funded and this is a sad fact, so why not help?

why is it under funded? again thank the tories for that. We already do fund it. The public needs to take a stand and take the government to task about the under funding, not do it for them.

There are a good many charities out there that are funded only by public donations, give them help.

And to be perfectly honest I really dont trust that the NHS will see half of the money given. There will be pockets getting lined somewhere.
I did some work for the nhs years back, IT audits..... They were woefully out of date and had no idea, we were auditing 6 months after the previous one and finding out offices we were being sent to had been closed for over a year. P poor setup and a waste of money
LazyVampire02/06/2020 13:29

why is it under funded? again thank the tories for that. We already do …why is it under funded? again thank the tories for that. We already do fund it. The public needs to take a stand and take the government to task about the under funding, not do it for them.There are a good many charities out there that are funded only by public donations, give them help.And to be perfectly honest I really dont trust that the NHS will see half of the money given. There will be pockets getting lined somewhere.

Don't know why everything has to become political. The NHS has been struggling for years across both Tory and Labour leadership.

It doesn't cost the end consumer a penny more and as it says on the website, 80% goes to the NHS.

Stop looking for the bad in everything friend x
Spongebob402/06/2020 14:04

Don't know why everything has to become political. The NHS has been …Don't know why everything has to become political. The NHS has been struggling for years across both Tory and Labour leadership. It doesn't cost the end consumer a penny more and as it says on the website, 80% goes to the NHS.Stop looking for the bad in everything friend x

hahaha, I dont look for bad in everything. Has the country forgotten the tories (including the PM) cheering and laughing when they passed the wage freeze for nurses ?

I really am not a politically minded person and will admit to even being uneducated in politics, Im a bit angry and more than a bit sad that our NHS staff have been treated so poorly by the government.

Ok, as long as it says on the website.
They need to look at their procurement of supplies their getting ripped off and need to get rid of a lot of management and the dead wood that’s in the nhs
Post a comment
@
    Text