Smyths on shelf price promise. If your item isn't on the shelf then you get a £7 voucher.

Found 10th Feb 2014
Thought i'd pop this up as a heads up as might help others if on the off chance your item isn't in stock.

The blurb.

NEVER HAVE A WASTED JOURNEY WITH OUR ON SHELF PROMISE!

Your promise that the product will be available on the shelf.

Go Online and print out the ‘On Shelf Promise’ Guarantee. A copy will be sent to your email immediately. We will not hold stock specifically for you. We expect it to be available on the shelf when you visit before the end of the next working day.

Print out your 'On Shelf Promise' receipt and bring it to your chosen store. You must produce your receipt to receive your product. Your reservation number is not sufficient.

Please note On Shelf Promise is not available for all items.

Certain products are available in assorted colours or characters. We cannot guarantee that your preferred colour or character within such assorted products will be available. In such instances our On Shelf Promise does not apply.

Your chosen item will be available on the shelf if you visit the store anytime today or tomorrow.
If the stock is not on the shelf, please contact a member of the store staff who will be happy to locate your product.

Receive a £7 Gift Voucher if the item is not available to purchase

clicky in 1st post
Community Updates
MiscPrice Glitch
5 Comments
"Thought i'd pop this up as a heads up as might help others if on the off chance your item isn't in stock."

if its not instock they wont give offer you the on shelf promise they only do this if they have loads of stock off an item

and if it wasnt instock you wouldnt gotto the store
Edited by: "jamstaruk1972" 10th Feb 2014
jamstaruk1972

"Thought i'd pop this up as a heads up as might help others if on the off … "Thought i'd pop this up as a heads up as might help others if on the off chance your item isn't in stock."if its not instock they wont give offer you the on shelf promise they only do this if they have loads of stock off an itemand if it wasnt instock you wouldnt gotto the store

Hence the off chance it might not be in stock, Sometimes there is 'low stock' but you never know. Takes two mins to print out and you might gain £7 out of it.
I did use this just before Christmas. The item was no longer in stock so got £7 off an alternative. I didn't print the voucher BTW, just showed the email to the staff member on my mobile.
I've did this before with misprices on here. They either "can't find any" or take them off the shelves but you still get your £7 gc. My Smyths is pretty local to me so worth doing-think this is good for folk that maybe aren't aware to be honest.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions