Smyths Toys - Speke have SNES mini back in stock - £79.99

LocalFound 1st Oct 2017
Just spoken to the smyths toys in Speke
They have around 25 SNES minis in stock this morning on a first come first served basis

For anyone looking for one in the Liverpool area
Community Updates
48 Comments
Their website is a lie again! Out of stock my @##
Kammykay10 m ago

Their website is a lie again! Out of stock my @##

Huh? The website now shows this listing as being an in store only item.
Increases customers through the door for them but no promises about stock so a win all around for Smyths.
On another note chatting to the manager of my local Game, he said the panic was unexpected as he reckons more stock will be available next week, so he didn't see why people would be paying silly money for them (and mentioned cex paying £110, well didn't say cex directly, just "another game store").
Site down for me. The whole site...32142423-VntlU.jpg
They don't open till 11
Yea I’m confused how the op has spoken to them as they aren’t open yet.

Op did you speak to them last night?
Richard_Richard12 m ago

Huh? The website now shows this listing as being an in store only …Huh? The website now shows this listing as being an in store only item.Increases customers through the door for them but no promises about stock so a win all around for Smyths.On another note chatting to the manager of my local Game, he said the panic was unexpected as he reckons more stock will be available next week, so he didn't see why people would be paying silly money for them (and mentioned cex paying £110, well didn't say cex directly, just "another game store").

Think the Game manager is talking nonsense, you'll know when the next shipment is due as all the online retailers will open up pre-orders again. Anyone who thinks these are going to be freely available this side of xmas is either deluded or has an agenda.
Azwipe1st Oct 2017

Think the Game manager is talking nonsense, you'll know when the next …Think the Game manager is talking nonsense, you'll know when the next shipment is due as all the online retailers will open up pre-orders again. Anyone who thinks these are going to be freely available this side of xmas is either deluded or has an agenda.

In the case of the mini nes it didn't reappear for pre order after release it just came back as in stock so I'd expect the same with this.
Freely available for all? Wouldn't have thought so but they will continue to be available in small numbers for the next month. Amazon.es had them yesterday, gameseek allegedly had some too but the sale page never seems to be live.
Amazon Germany have just opened pre-order again for the 23rd October, a bit steep at 99euros but keep an eye out for the UK sites starting pre-orders.
Edited by: "Azwipe" 1st Oct 2017
I was in the Kirkstall branch in Leeds yesterday afternoon collecting my pre-order. The guy behind the counter said that they had quite a few pre-orders (25 out of 35 at that point ) which hadn't been picked up. As they only keep click & collect for two days, there ought to be a few on general sale this morning. Hope that helps anyone in the area.
Doubly surprising as their pre-orders were only £69.99 rather than £79.99.
I know somebody who works for Argos (in a position where they would know about these things) and they've been assured by Nintendo there will be plenty of stock. They've been right about these things before.
Edited by: "electrolite77" 1st Oct 2017
Richard_Richard27 m ago

Huh? The website now shows this listing as being an in store only …Huh? The website now shows this listing as being an in store only item.Increases customers through the door for them but no promises about stock so a win all around for Smyths.On another note chatting to the manager of my local Game, he said the panic was unexpected as he reckons more stock will be available next week, so he didn't see why people would be paying silly money for them (and mentioned cex paying £110, well didn't say cex directly, just "another game store").

Cex are paying £110?
Deal posted time - 9.30am
OP clearly says just spoken.
Store opening time is at 11am.

32142647-hUKbt.jpg
Guess OP was dreaming..
Just spoke to the store again. They are in stock. Issues with the website. 25 on the shelves for 11am
DavelinaJolie14 m ago

Cex are paying £110?

Yeah my mate sold them two yesterday
vassy133 m ago

Deal posted time - 9.30amOP clearly says just spoken. Store opening time …Deal posted time - 9.30amOP clearly says just spoken. Store opening time is at 11am.[Image] Guess OP was dreaming..

Yeah because shop workers always turn up to work as the doors open and leave the second the doors close
deleted849183
good old speke smyths, miles away from me but it's come through a ton of times.
Considering the only other post by the op is a bit of info about Smyths i have a suspicion he is connected in some way
Is a bit of helpful inside knowledge or a cynical attempt to drive a bit of footfall
deleted849183
I'm tempted to drive to crewe to offload my other one at cex now as my brother changed his mind (idk) help cover the cost of mine.
deleted8491831st Oct 2017

I'm tempted to drive to crewe to offload my other one at cex now as my …I'm tempted to drive to crewe to offload my other one at cex now as my brother changed his mind (idk) help cover the cost of mine.

CEX with £110 cash in the till on a Sunday morning!!!!!
Apologies op you where right they did have stock
mike12128 m ago

Apologies op you where right they did have stock

Did have or still do?
Well at 11:10 they had sold 4 while I was in the q
The shop was manic and I was surprised at the lack of interest in them
Thanks OP..after seeing this I rang my local Smyths in beckton and they had some in stock..they wouldn't reserve one, they sell them for £79.99 and wisely only allowed one per customer..so I ran down here and finally got one!..they have 4 more left on display behind the cash desk..thanks again!
Edited by: "notoriouschucky" 1st Oct 2017
Richard_Richard3 h, 14 m ago

Thanks Richard_richard... I can confirm it's £110 cash or voucher in CEX.. the lady in the counter got shocked when she saw its £110 for cash or voucher..
docbdict14 m ago

Thanks Richard_richard... I can confirm it's £110 cash or voucher in CEX.. …Thanks Richard_richard... I can confirm it's £110 cash or voucher in CEX.. the lady in the counter got shocked when she saw its £110 for cash or voucher..

How much was the voucher?
never received an email for the one I ordered for £69.99 to say it was available to collect but got a garbled email for the one ordered at £79.99.
Suspect lots of people who ordered at £69.99 pre order have not received an email I wonder why.
Edited by: "malm" 1st Oct 2017
Hiltron0916 m ago

£110 voucher so no brainer to take the cash.
aceshigh2 m ago

£110 voucher so no brainer to take the cash.

Yep cheers. Bit weird they aren't offering a bit more on voucher.
Hiltron0923 m ago

The same as cash £110
Hiltron0923 m ago

£110 is both cash and voucher
Price wasn’t even on the Billboard at the front door I had to ask at the counter and they had trouble finding it on the computer but it comes under premium consoles I hope it’s the same price tomorrow 2 more will be going
the.porter3 m ago

Price wasn’t even on the Billboard at the front door I had to ask at the c …Price wasn’t even on the Billboard at the front door I had to ask at the counter and they had trouble finding it on the computer but it comes under premium consoles I hope it’s the same price tomorrow 2 more will be going

The store I went into wouldn’t take mine said head office needed to authorise (was selling a used console)and they are having email problems.

I played for 6 hours and got bored wasn’t as good as I remembered. I can imagine loads being in shops soon if people are like myself.
considering these will be very hard to get hold of soon I can not understand the mad rush to sell to Cex FOR A MEASLY £110
keeping mine till November
docbdict1 h, 25 m ago

Thanks Richard_richard... I can confirm it's £110 cash or voucher in CEX.. …Thanks Richard_richard... I can confirm it's £110 cash or voucher in CEX.. the lady in the counter got shocked when she saw its £110 for cash or voucher..

Just to complicate things further....

I sold one in Southampton at 1pm for £110 to CEX.
I told a family member & they then tried to sell one in Kent today at 2.05pm and were offered £67 cash.

Both CEX of course.

? Change of offer price half way through the day. Anyone got a more recent experience?
Firefly19 m ago

Just to complicate things further....I sold one in Southampton at 1pm for …Just to complicate things further....I sold one in Southampton at 1pm for £110 to CEX.I told a family member & they then tried to sell one in Kent today at 2.05pm and were offered £67 cash.Both CEX of course.? Change of offer price half way through the day. Anyone got a more recent experience?

NES Mini not the SNES
deleted849183
malm5 h, 49 m ago

considering these will be very hard to get hold of soon I can not …considering these will be very hard to get hold of soon I can not understand the mad rush to sell to Cex FOR A MEASLY £110keeping mine till November

Becuase if youve bought two at £140 and flogged one to cex you can keep the other for one £30 and when the modding kicks in...oh boy.
Edited by: "deleted849183" 1st Oct 2017
Azwipe1st Oct 2017

NES Mini not the SNES

They are both the same product (I.e the one this thread is about) as we had the boxes together and bought from same retailer months ago. Definitely not mixing them up
Firefly130 m ago

They are both the same product (I.e the one this thread is about) as we …They are both the same product (I.e the one this thread is about) as we had the boxes together and bought from same retailer months ago. Definitely not mixing them up

You've misunderstood, what i meant was CEX quoted the price for the NES mini by mistake?
All the uncollected preorders will be in stock tomorrow as they expired tonight.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions