Groups

Snorkel set recommendations

Just after some recommendations on a snorkel set for holiday use please. Not after professional grade equipment but something decent for ~£20? Having trouble finding anywhere that sells them instore.

16 Comments

Try decathlon, their own brand stuff should fit the bill.

If you're off to somewhere with good snorkling might be worth getting a go-pro clone as well.

I got ours from ebay, the store was called something like Mike's diving. I messaged them for advice and they were great

have you tried your local leisure centre - I notice our local one has them

Google a local scuba diving shop.

If you find a place to try them out put the mask on your face, close your mouth and suck in through your nose and it should stay in place without any leaks to make sure it's the right size/shape.

Diving shops may have some more budget ones so worth a try.

Sports Direct sell them

Home bargains sell them, I bought them for our last holiday for about £7/8 and they were quite good quality .

A snorkel should be quite cheap, it is just a curved tube with a mouthpiece ( avoid the gimmick valves things ). It really isn't worth economising on the mask. If it doesn't form a seal around your face it is a complete waste of money. A dive shop were you can try them on is the best bet and you will still find good quality ones between £20 and £30.

Fins should be a problem, to I would try to get the best affordable for mask and snorkel, otherwise the mask will leak and get condensate and you need a good fit for the snorkel mouth piece, unless you like salt water. Would add though the warmer the climate and water, the saltier it tastes!

^^ fins should not be a problem

Tribord full face mask, even has a GoPro mount built in

2 things from practical experience.

If you have a moustache, then the mask won't work!
    If you wear glasses, then you won't be able to see much.

I bought cheap ones many moons ago, and once I discovered that I enjoyed it, bought a posher mask (that takes prescription lenses) and a razor!

Also buy the liquid to smear on the glass to stop it steaming up. Spitting on it is so uuurgh!

I saw that last time i was at Decathlon, I don't know if they are any good but they surely look interesting
    decathlon.co.uk/eas…tml

dogpatch17th Jun

A snorkel should be quite cheap, it is just a curved tube with a …A snorkel should be quite cheap, it is just a curved tube with a mouthpiece ( avoid the gimmick valves things ). It really isn't worth economising on the mask. If it doesn't form a seal around your face it is a complete waste of money. A dive shop were you can try them on is the best bet and you will still find good quality ones between £20 and £30.

If you mean splash valve I would agree - if you mean purge valve then I would strongly disagree.
    Edited by: "Bertz99" 18th Jun
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2649
      2. plusnet mobile terrible35
      3. Virgin Media - what is a good price?26
      4. Recommend a free reminder app1314

See more discussions