Snow Foam Car Wash

Found 8th Dec 2013
Was in Car shop getting bits and pieces yesterday and some guy was buying an attachment for his pressure washer and a container of liquid for snow foam ?
Anyone else do this or is it a gimmick ?
Community Updates
13 Comments
Seen it used a lot on car forums and detailing sites. Must do something.

Don't own a pressure washer so haven't tried.
Everything you need to know is contained here-

detailingworld.co.uk/

I have and use it, how ever i feel its limited, i think from my point of view if your car looks like its been thru a welsh mountain rally and full of mud the snow foam is pretty good at getting the main muck off but i still have to wash the card and use the jet wash as normal

i also find that especially in summer if you leave it too long it can leave streaks wihch again requires a complete wash all over

also it takes a few washes to learn to get the right mixtures for the foam to settle right and do the job

like i say if your car regularly gets caked then its prob worth the purchase think i paid £40 for my Karcher attachment and the foam is roughly about £15 per 5 litres

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-zXVjexl850I/UqR-FO6CGDI/AAAAAAAAALI/Yd2w10AAzZU/w960-h720-no/photo+1+%25282%2529.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-EnsN1VQDecU/UqR9aYRNDRI/AAAAAAAAAKc/yBJ-uFzDk_o/w960-h720-no/photo+2+%25282%2529.JPG

Edited by: "Audidaz68" 8th Dec 2013
Original Poster
Audidaz68

I have and use it, how ever i feel its limited, i think from my point of … I have and use it, how ever i feel its limited, i think from my point of view if your car looks like its been thru a welsh mountain rally and full of mud the snow foam is pretty good at getting the main muck off but i still have to wash the card and use the jet wash as normali also find that especially in summer if you leave it too long it can leave streaks wihch again requires a complete wash all overalso it takes a few washes to learn to get the right mixtures for the foam to settle right and do the joblike i say if your car regularly gets caked then its prob worth the purchase think i paid £40 for my Karcher attachment and the foam is roughly about £15 per 5 litres

Love the colour of the Mini, thanks for the info...
How many washes out of the 5 Litre container ?
Audidaz68

I have and use it, how ever i feel its limited, i think from my point of … I have and use it, how ever i feel its limited, i think from my point of view if your car looks like its been thru a welsh mountain rally and full of mud the snow foam is pretty good at getting the main muck off but i still have to wash the card and use the jet wash as normali also find that especially in summer if you leave it too long it can leave streaks wihch again requires a complete wash all overalso it takes a few washes to learn to get the right mixtures for the foam to settle right and do the joblike i say if your car regularly gets caked then its prob worth the purchase think i paid £40 for my Karcher attachment and the foam is roughly about £15 per 5 litres

Give you a tenner to come and clean my car.
Retro89

Give you a tenner to come and clean my car.

lol i love seeing my car clean but hate cleaning and glad i dont need to earn tenners!! to do it
mrtootough

Love the colour of the Mini, thanks for the info...How many washes out of … Love the colour of the Mini, thanks for the info...How many washes out of the 5 Litre container ?

thanks its lazer blue, they stopped doing it now what ashame,
well i have only just opened mine as i had a litre bottle to start with, wihch you get about 4-5 washes out of, so prob about 20 washes i would say, depends on size of car, my nozzle came with a litre bottle attachment and its about 1/5th of the foam liquid to 4/5ths water which they recommend to use hot as it helps the foaming! hope that helps,
Snow foam is just a pre-wash stage to soften the dried on crap on your car. You're supposed to fully was the car straight after snow foaming it, (which will be easier as all the crap will have been broken up), it's to stop you scratching the paint by rubbing in the crap in to your paintwork.

Leave it for about 10 mins and you'll see dirt running off your car, pressure wash it off, then give it a normal clean.
RickT

Everything you need to know is contained here- … Everything you need to know is contained here- http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/

^this
I got the nilfisk pressure washer and it's got the foamer bottle, it locks on the end of your gun and does a good job imo
I will second what Alistair says.

Its good stuff and takes care of your paintwork
Banned
All about contact time with the dirt/grime. Longer the foam clings the more it softens. Spray this on after giving car a GOOD blast with pressure washer then use warm water in a watering can to rinse then clean.
Graham1979

All about contact time with the dirt/grime. Longer the foam clings the … All about contact time with the dirt/grime. Longer the foam clings the more it softens. Spray this on after giving car a GOOD blast with pressure washer then use warm water in a watering can to rinse then clean.

Pressure washers can move the dirt around on your car causing tiny scratches (swirls). Snowfoam first to get rid of grit etc then wash by hand after.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants