Snow Games (Involving Cars)

Has anyone spun out or crashed during the last couple of days of snow?

Ive just driven to work today, when the snow is there about 5-6cm high.
I've got stuck about 3 times today and also hit an estate ambulance! lol
no dmg tho, and the parmediec guy was very nice to me.

anyone else had any problems?

21 Comments

No as if the weather is bad out I don't drive the car to avoid these games

No - sounds like you are just the sort of person who annoys people who can drive in the snow!

RichD;4300644

No - sounds like you are just the sort of person who annoys people who … No - sounds like you are just the sort of person who annoys people who can drive in the snow!

Thats a bit harsh, not everyone can drive in the snow but they still have too. Ive crashed my car in the snow does that make me a bad driver.

Original Poster

RichD;4300644

No - sounds like you are just the sort of person who annoys people who … No - sounds like you are just the sort of person who annoys people who can drive in the snow!

lol, i drive in low gear and go about 20mph tops when the roads are good enough to drive on.
ive been okay the last few days, but today was esp bad as theres no grit or anything.
its like an ice rink out there

Tanchi;4300654

lol, i drive in low gear and go about 20mph tops when the roads are good … lol, i drive in low gear and go about 20mph tops when the roads are good enough to drive on.ive been okay the last few days, but today was esp bad as theres no grit or anything.its like an ice rink out there

I thought you are supposed to drive in as high a gear as possible!:thinking: I should add whilst driving slowly!

Original Poster

welchy;4300672

I thought you are supposed to drive in as high a gear as … I thought you are supposed to drive in as high a gear as possible!:thinking: I should add whilst driving slowly!

o'rly? i thought you had to use low gears to keep from your wheels spining, also use gears to slow you down?

Original Poster

Drive on snow as it you are trying to walk on eggs without breaking them. Stay in as high a gear as possible as it will reduce the chances of accelerator movement leading to loss of traction.

]Linky

Maybe thats where ive been going wrong lol!

no problem with this car on snow ...
porsche winter ]training with Walter Roehrl driving
watch from 1:16

and ]another - watch short bit about slalom from 5:30

BlondeBella;4300650

Thats a bit harsh, not everyone can drive in the snow but they still have … Thats a bit harsh, not everyone can drive in the snow but they still have too. Ive crashed my car in the snow does that make me a bad driver.

yes it does, sorry had to say it so many were thinking it, lol only joking

BlondeBella;4300650

Thats a bit harsh, not everyone can drive in the snow but they still have … Thats a bit harsh, not everyone can drive in the snow but they still have too. Ive crashed my car in the snow does that make me a bad driver.

No...........a Woman

only joking................i'll be your chauffeur. :-D

BlondeBella;4300650

Sorry but there is no such thing as "Still have too". This makes you criminally negligent, and if you kill somebody guilty of murder.
There is no excuse for fools taking their cars out on the road knowing they cannot drive in snow.

059;4301133

Sorry but there is no such thing as "Still have too". This makes you … Sorry but there is no such thing as "Still have too". This makes you criminally negligent, and if you kill somebody guilty of murder.There is no excuse for fools taking their cars out on the road knowing they cannot drive in snow.

errrrr...........i think not. :roll: Murder is completely wrong...........back to the books for you. :thumbsup:

wickedteen;4300895

yes it does, sorry had to say it so many were thinking it, lol only joking

I avoided crashing in to a car tho, i used my brains and stopped with the kerb and a sign :lol:

Syzable;4300940

No...........a Woman :ponly joking................i'll be your chauffeur. … No...........a Woman :ponly joking................i'll be your chauffeur. :-D

Ok you will regret it.

059;4301133

Sorry but there is no such thing as "Still have too". This makes you … Sorry but there is no such thing as "Still have too". This makes you criminally negligent, and if you kill somebody guilty of murder.There is no excuse for fools taking their cars out on the road knowing they cannot drive in snow.

You have no idea what your talking about i can drive on the snow hense why i stopped myself with a kerb rather than another car. People can't stop there daily lifes just because there is snow. People still have to go to work

Syzable;4301144

errrrr...........i think not. :roll: Murder is completely … errrrr...........i think not. :roll: Murder is completely wrong...........back to the books for you. :thumbsup:

Thanks hun, just think he having a bad day

Your both wrong not me. If you deliberately go out in your car knowing you cannot control it or drive in snow then you are commiting a criminal act deliberately. It is pre-planned by you and if that results in death it can be charged as murder.

059;4302160

Your both wrong not me. If you deliberately go out in your car knowing … Your both wrong not me. If you deliberately go out in your car knowing you cannot control it or drive in snow then you are commiting a criminal act deliberately. It is pre-planned by you and if that results in death it can be charged as murder.

Doh!! Ok then...........if it keeps you happy. Come back when you can find one case where this has happened. lol

Whats's unreal is you all think it is ok to take your cars on the road knowing you can't drive. You are unbelievable. I would take away your license and crush your vehicles. I'll bet you are no better on the road under any conditions with the mentality you are showing on here.

059;4302186

Whats's unreal is you all think it is ok to take your cars on the road … Whats's unreal is you all think it is ok to take your cars on the road knowing you can't drive. You are unbelievable. I would take away your license and crush your vehicles. I'll bet you are no better on the road under any conditions with the mentality you are showing on here.

As a qualified driving instructer i'd be surprised to find i can't drive.

Don't get in a paddy because you don't know the law. lol

I've out driving more this week in the snow than i do normally. I've had no tail outs or no accidents. I've had a slight bit of understeer, but that's about it. I haven't exactly been driving at 5mph either. Infact, the main roads were too busy, so i've still been taking the totally untreated back roads.

As has been said, drive in the highest gear possible, letting the car drive itself with no accelerator. Avoid hills if you can, you'll either get stuck or slip back down again. If you are stuck, try taking off in 2nd, rather than 1st, this will give you more traction.

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/stores/auto/detail-page/CS-10snow768.jpg
Get a Grip[/COLOR][/SIZE]

kippy;4307759

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Get a Grip[/COLOR][/SIZE]

You'll need them normally with P6000's :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523392
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414614053
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846050
    4. What an absolute disgrace1943

See more discussions