Groups

Snowed in.....

The good and the bad.

Good.......15 inches of snow overnight, yay! Nice fluffy, crisp white snow everywhere.

Bad......stuck in Reykjavik Airport as flights delayed.

Good......Been up since 4am, but joined in with some very drunk people on their way home and made some amazing snow angels.

Bad....How on earth can they afford to get drunk here?....£15 for one gin and tonic!!

Good......all roads open and places still functions perfectly. Looks stunning.

Bad...We're coming home

22 Comments

Good.... Just think you'll be back at work before you know it.

Banned

Its a hard life.

Bad....one inch of this snow in UK grinds the whole country to a halt.

Bad.......12 inches of Snow... A licky boom boom down.

Original Poster

praevalens

Good.... Just think you'll be back at work before you know it.

Retired, so no rush. Coming home in the middle of a bathroom refurbished so I'm hoping we've got a working loo!

booky

Retired, so no rush. Coming home in the middle of a bathroom refurbished … Retired, so no rush. Coming home in the middle of a bathroom refurbished so I'm hoping we've got a working loo!

​Bad.... You're retired and I'm not. The way things are in the UK, you will probably need to be a millionaire by the time my shot comes around

Original Poster

I know, I'd like to feel guilty but....I'm to busy enjoying myself, sorry.

Bad...No snow
    Good...27°c

DarkEnergy2012

Bad...No snow :(Good...27°c

Are you having a bath?

airfix

Are you having a bath?

No I'm having lunch

DarkEnergy2012

No I'm having lunch

I'm not falling for it, I don't wish to know you're on holiday in a nice climate

Original Poster

Meanwhile I'm still sat in a plane going nowhere, waiting to be de-iced. My OH reckons I've needed de-icing for years

booky

Meanwhile I'm still sat in a plane going nowhere, waiting to be de-iced. … Meanwhile I'm still sat in a plane going nowhere, waiting to be de-iced. My OH reckons I've needed de-icing for years

what we all really want to know is, how much is your in flight sandwich?
    That's not a kinky euphemism, 'tis serious issue these days X)

Loved Iceland, people were great and we had a lovely Thai meal. Missed the northern lights but just means we'll have to try again.
    Arrived to black roads, an hour later as we spent a vast sum of money on a drink we were surrounded by a white out. Deep snow & every taxi we got in drove faster than I would on tarmac but somehow stopped at junctions. My right foot ached for trying to hit a brake pedal.
    Evem looks beautiful in the summer photos we saw.

Original Poster

No food as yet, but in the airport 2 black coffees and 2 rounds of toast with bacon = £14.50.
    Aside from the cost we've had a great trip, we saw the Northern Lights this time and there is a great tour where you go into an ice cave excavated within a glacier. The journey up to it was brilliant on its own.

Original Poster

I can feel I'm being de-iced, hopefully the earth will move soon!

Stay away from yellow snow.

booky

I can feel I'm being de-iced, hopefully the earth will move soon!

Your destination airport is closed due to wind, fog, leaves & protestors so you're diverted to the Falklands as it's the nearest available runway then onto a replacement bus service
    Edited by: "Dark.Energy" 26th Feb

So what about the ugly then ?
    http://i.imgur.com/P6A22bX.gif

jigglypuff

Stay away from yellow snow.

Don't you mean yellow snow is very tasty. A rare delicacy. If you see some be sure to try it?

moneysavingkitten

Don't you mean yellow snow is very tasty. A rare delicacy. If you see … Don't you mean yellow snow is very tasty. A rare delicacy. If you see some be sure to try it?

No like for my kitty gif then ?
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/3f2f70c117b8489377c36704ff434826/tumblr_o1y8vkpMgQ1s2wio8o1_500.gif

thewongwing101

No like for my kitty gif then ?

An oversight I am sure
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Boxes for moving house?1010
      2. Dashcam question34
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue69
      4. Free pr subsidised loft insulation -not in benefits22

See more discussions