Snowing ....... Whats it like with you this morning

Found 29th Dec 2017
Omg ....... Snowing whats weather like with you all
Rossendale lancs praying for Rain to clear it .......... lol

Best Wishes to All HUKD ealers Keep Dealing .......

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Top comments

philphil6114 m ago

We (most of us) live in the UK and we have four seasons and one of those …We (most of us) live in the UK and we have four seasons and one of those seasons is called winter and in winter we get wintry weather - sometimes rain, sometimes snow, sometimes fog, sometimes windy, sometimes all of them and yes it's cold.. sometimes cold, sometimes freezing coldNow I know some of you were born in the 80's/90's and therefore haven't experienced a real winter or real summer whilst at the same time haven't experienced responsibility but feel entitled but guess whatWe had worse snow than this in 1965 (not as bad as 1947 but I wasn't born then) and we didn't have the same wonderful lifestyle/living standards like you have now and we had the best (or worse depending on your thought process) summer in 1976 and we didn't have the same wonderful lifestyle/living standards like you have nowWe still went to school - they weren't closed (as far as I remember) and we wrapped up and went outside and played in it and we didn't die.... amazing init

Eh? What’s the point of that rant
24 Comments

this is snow (not in UK)32939469-BG1aC.jpg

32939474-8qvWm.jpgsnowing and getting heavier

VERY heavy rain and flooding in Horsham/Epsom area..still u get the odd idiot driver speeding. Can barely see anything!

Southwell, Notts - steady rain.

Best way to clear the snow is to pop to Winfields and buy a sledge.

rain

Original Poster

South West.. Well cold last night but rained at some point. Snow all gone now

We (most of us) live in the UK and we have four seasons and one of those seasons is called winter and in winter we get wintry weather - sometimes rain, sometimes snow, sometimes fog, sometimes windy, sometimes all of them and yes it's cold.. sometimes cold, sometimes freezing cold

Now I know some of you were born in the 80's/90's and therefore haven't experienced a real winter or real summer whilst at the same time haven't experienced responsibility but feel entitled but guess what

We had worse snow than this in 1965 (not as bad as 1947 but I wasn't born then) and we didn't have the same wonderful lifestyle/living standards like you have now and we had the best (or worse depending on your thought process) summer in 1976 and we didn't have the same wonderful lifestyle/living standards like you have now

We still went to school - they weren't closed (as far as I remember) and we wrapped up and went outside and played in it and we didn't die.... amazing init

philphil6114 m ago

We (most of us) live in the UK and we have four seasons and one of those …We (most of us) live in the UK and we have four seasons and one of those seasons is called winter and in winter we get wintry weather - sometimes rain, sometimes snow, sometimes fog, sometimes windy, sometimes all of them and yes it's cold.. sometimes cold, sometimes freezing coldNow I know some of you were born in the 80's/90's and therefore haven't experienced a real winter or real summer whilst at the same time haven't experienced responsibility but feel entitled but guess whatWe had worse snow than this in 1965 (not as bad as 1947 but I wasn't born then) and we didn't have the same wonderful lifestyle/living standards like you have now and we had the best (or worse depending on your thought process) summer in 1976 and we didn't have the same wonderful lifestyle/living standards like you have nowWe still went to school - they weren't closed (as far as I remember) and we wrapped up and went outside and played in it and we didn't die.... amazing init

Eh? What’s the point of that rant

We had our last snow on 27th December , it was too wet to settle properly , but was the biggest snowflakes I've seen for ages. Lasted a good few hours, today it's been rain , so much rain , but I think it's clearing now .

Wet n windy in cornwall, but at this precise moment its 10°c and dry but just had a very heavy downpour. Thanks for asking, and a very happy 2018 to you and all.

Devon/Cornwall border blowing a gale, heavy rain showers and intermittent thunder, but no snow unfortunately.

We should thank God we dont live in America. One of the cities got 3 months of snow in 24 hours and -39°.

Snow in Northumberland. Roads were slushy and slippy driving home from work. This is now freezing so will be fun tomorrow morning! Shouldn't really complain as have only had it like this a few times so far this year.

We got about two inches then it rained. No big deal. Never ceases to amaze me that people don't know how to drive in snow. You hear them every snowy morning round here revving the holy bejesus out of the engine and getting nowhere. Had to help a neighbour this morning. He was driving a volvo. It snows in sweden. They build cars you can driving the snow, yet he couldn't get hulking great thing out of our street in an inch of the white stuff. Unbelieveable

psychobitchfromhell23 m ago

We got about two inches then it rained. No big deal. Never ceases to amaze …We got about two inches then it rained. No big deal. Never ceases to amaze me that people don't know how to drive in snow. You hear them every snowy morning round here revving the holy bejesus out of the engine and getting nowhere. Had to help a neighbour this morning. He was driving a volvo. It snows in sweden. They build cars you can driving the snow, yet he couldn't get hulking great thing out of our street in an inch of the white stuff. Unbelieveable

To be fair in Sweden you have to fit winter tyres
you guessed it
in "winter"
transportstyrelsen.se/win…res
Edited by: "databar" 29th Dec 2017

databar1 h, 18 m ago

To be fair in Sweden you have to fit winter tyres you guessed it in …To be fair in Sweden you have to fit winter tyres you guessed it in "winter"https://www.transportstyrelsen.se/winter-tyres

If you can't drive a volvo xc60 in an inch of snow you have a problem, not the car. I don't get that you now have to be able to use a Sat nav to pass a driving test whereas you don't have to learn how to drive in sticky conditions. It snows on this island. We are quite far north. We should be able to deal with it

psychobitchfromhell22 m ago

If you can't drive a volvo xc60 in an inch of snow you have a problem, not …If you can't drive a volvo xc60 in an inch of snow you have a problem, not the car. I don't get that you now have to be able to use a Sat nav to pass a driving test whereas you don't have to learn how to drive in sticky conditions. It snows on this island. We are quite far north. We should be able to deal with it

There you go again...... giving it all with that common sense.

Sadly I attempted to make a similar comment with a bit more oomph and history thrown in.

Yes we've had a bit of snow in places and it's been freezing in places but people seem to forget it's happened before. People forget how to drive in atrocious weather - how? why?

Every driver should be taught to drive in different conditions (rain / fog / snow etc) and they should be taught to plan their route not rely on gadgets that distract them from driving.

philphil6113 h, 0 m ago

There's a village near us where the school prides itself on not shutting. The village is called mountain. I grew up in Scotland and there was often a good few inches of snow but the schools were always open. I'm not sure if I'm dead hard or people are getting soft. It is only a bit of snow.

psychobitchfromhell7 m ago

I'm dead hard and some other people are getting soft. It is only a bit of …I'm dead hard and some other people are getting soft. It is only a bit of snow.

FTFY

Yes I hate the cold... I'm nesh but if I had to go out or work in it then I'd still go.

Had to pop around to the neighbour, she's proper poorly (spoilt her Christmas), to run her car engine (warm it up as it hadn't been used in over a week) I didn't want to upset her by telling her it's not going to make much of a difference - yep it's cold but not that cold

philphil619 m ago

There you go again...... giving it all with that common sense.Sadly I …There you go again...... giving it all with that common sense.Sadly I attempted to make a similar comment with a bit more oomph and history thrown in.Yes we've had a bit of snow in places and it's been freezing in places but people seem to forget it's happened before. People forget how to drive in atrocious weather - how? why? Every driver should be taught to drive in different conditions (rain / fog / snow etc) and they should be taught to plan their route not rely on gadgets that distract them from driving.

It is only snow. It isn't hard. Black ice is hard. I really don't get it. If you rev your wheels, you compact the snow and make it harder to grip. And if your car is real wheel drive, stick a bag of spuds in the boot. We have bad weather, why do we not teach this stuff?

An inch of snow ffs. I walked out at half seven this morning with a snow shovel in my slippers and cleared my road in about 15 minutes. The guy in the Volvo sat in his cocoon of comfort while I cleared the road and spread sand in front of his wheels so he could get a grip. Didn't get out and offer to help. After all, it was freezing outside.

psychobitchfromhell41 m ago

It is only snow. It isn't hard. Black ice is hard. I really don't get it. …It is only snow. It isn't hard. Black ice is hard. I really don't get it. If you rev your wheels, you compact the snow and make it harder to grip. And if your car is real wheel drive, stick a bag of spuds in the boot. We have bad weather, why do we not teach this stuff?

I love the vids of people spinning the wheels trying to pull away in the snow and getting further frustrated and hitting the gas (accelerator) more << zero common sense. And those who lose traction on ice and try to correct the steering by turning the steering wheel in the opposite direction.

No I don't laugh when innocent people are injured by the less competent (<< just in case any SJW's want to be offended)

Common sense tell you when you are out on foot in the snow/ice you take it easy but people seem to forget the same when in their vehicle.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions