Groups

So after a few days of gaming paradise the RROD reappear :(

So the dreaded 3 RROD have reappeared. Gutted. Registered the device on Xbox.com and it says the warranty expired on the 7/29/2008 8:00:00 PM.

Clearly the warranty is well out but my gf got it for me from Ebay at Xmas 2007. What should I do next? If I send it off to microsoft how much do they usually charge for them to be repaired?

Any help would be much appreciated

14 Comments

you get 3 years against rrod, what is the mfr date ? if its under 3 years or just over ring MS and they will fix it for free

i paid £60

Original Poster

leemole101;6990521

you get 3 years against rrod, what is the mfr date ? if its under 3 years … you get 3 years against rrod, what is the mfr date ? if its under 3 years or just over ring MS and they will fix it for free

MFR date 16.03.2009:x

roryk83;6990550

MFR date 16.03.2009:x

2009 ? you mean 2006 ?

if it was purchased xmas 2007 then just ring MS and tell them that you brought it new for xmas 2007 because the warrenty is from purchase not mfr. they will replace it for you.
    RING THEM
    0800 587 1102

normly £60 and you can wait for ages so maybe easyer to buy another one

*Points and laughs*:giggle:

Have you already had it back to MS for reapair prior to this RROD?

if you do get ms to repair it they will say up to 3 weeks, mine was collected monday and i had a new one by friday the same week

Original Poster

leemole101;6990587

2009 ? you mean 2006 ?if it was purchased xmas 2007 then just ring MS and … 2009 ? you mean 2006 ?if it was purchased xmas 2007 then just ring MS and tell them that you brought it new for xmas 2007 because the warrenty is from purchase not mfr. they will replace it for you.RING THEM 0800 587 1102

yeah I meant 2006,

gona ring them now....

they repaired ours for free and took 4 days, we got a brand new console. I think it was about 2.5 years old. We had to drop it off at the nearest ups courier though which wasn't too bad about 9 miles, i can't remember why though that we had to drop it off.

Original Poster

just rang and the women I spoke to was terrible! Could barely understand what she was saying and when I told her about the warranty statement she just advised to go through the website to request a repair

roryk83;6991174

just rang and the women I spoke to was terrible! Could barely understand … just rang and the women I spoke to was terrible! Could barely understand what she was saying and when I told her about the warranty statement she just advised to go through the website to request a repair

ring again lol and tell them you have 3 red lights error :thumbsup: its worth the hassel

Original Poster

Im proceeding with the online request at the mo, its asking for billing info - is this a standard request or should i not enter the information and call again?

Original Poster

leemole101;6991195

ring again lol and tell them you have 3 red lights error :thumbsup: its … ring again lol and tell them you have 3 red lights error :thumbsup: its worth the hassel

Just rang and had to kick up a fuss!! They were saying it made no difference and that the warranty had expired blah blah. Threatened to buy a PS3 instead with the £80 repair fee towards it and they said they'll wave it if I can prove date of purchase so have to find that paypal receipt!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Apple Watch Series 3 EE Contract Cost518
      2. Ditched Sky55
      3. Minecraft Foam Diamond Pickaxe - Source?22
      4. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay1016

See more discussions