So, Amazon has stuffed up my Zelda: Breath of the Wild pre-order. Anyone else having a problem getting Wii U version?

My excitement about playing the new Zelda game today has dissolved with Amazon now saying it'll arrive on Monday Possibly.

Wondering if anyone else is having trouble with a Wii U pre-order, from Amazon or elsewhere -- is this a stock shortage, or just Amazon logistics screwing up?

CS were useless this morning - waiting for an email back by this afternoon explaining the delay. Sigh.

141 Comments

Same here, annoying. Wouldn't mind but up until last night it said expecting today

Same here. I thought I was the only one. Even took a day off from work. Wasted a days holiday.

Original Poster

Yeah, same. I checked the order status at midnight before I went to bed and it said the game was arriving today (but strangely hadn't been dispatched) - got an email overnight saying it's delayed.

Sorry you're in the same boat. It kind of sucks.

Mine was dispatched yesterday and is due for delivery today via Royal Mail, I preordered in January 2016.

Sounds like they took pre-orders beyond their allocation originally.

Ive got 2 Switch's on order and yesterday i got a carrier delay email what ever that means, I am hoping because its delayed for delivery today.

Edited by: "haritori" 3rd Mar

Same here. Delayed until Monday. Luckily I had also bought one from Very (due to £30 off code) and this was dispatched yesterday for today.

Did you buy it when the £10 off code was out? If not can't you just cancel the order and buy from any shop. I've got the Special edition BOTW showing as out for delivery from Amazon today but console expecting delivery tomorrow.

Original Poster

AngryEnglishman

Mine was dispatched yesterday and is due for delivery today via Royal … Mine was dispatched yesterday and is due for delivery today via Royal Mail, I preordered in January 2016.

Wow. I pre-ordered this January. Sounds like I missed the shipping window by about 12 months... oO

Same here - I've also got a preorder instore at game but it's going to be £55 there instead of £38 at Amazon. I complained this morning to Amazon & got £5 credit so hopefully Zelda turns up on Monday as it would only have cost £33.

Also someone in the Amazon Prime Now Switch thread stated Amazon have it in stock for same day delivery - but Amazon Prime Now is dependent on where you are & which distribution centre serves your area.

Edited by: "bernardsfingers" 3rd Mar

haritori

Sounds like they took pre-orders beyond their allocation originally.Ive … Sounds like they took pre-orders beyond their allocation originally.Ive got 2 Switch's on order and yesterday i got a carrier delay email what ever that means, I am hoping because its delayed for delivery today.

Sounds a tiny bit like what happens with iPhones, couriers get the phones early in the release week but can't deliver them until Friday so maybe whoever is delivering yours has it but aren't allowed to deliver it until today

bernardsfingers

Same here - I've also got a preorder instore at game but it's going to be … Same here - I've also got a preorder instore at game but it's going to be £55 there instead of £38 at Amazon. I complained this morning to Amazon & got £5 credit so hopefully Zelda turns up on Monday as it would only have cost £33.Also someone in the Amazon Prime Now Switch thread stated Amazon have it in stock for same day delivery - but Amazon Prime Now is dependent on where you are & which distribution centre serves your area.

​Perhaps a certain copy could be returned to GAME on Monday? You will not have played Breath of the Wild all weekend of course

I managed to pick it up for £33 from Amazon too as they briefly dropped it to £35 in September or October and I asked them to apply the £2 Prime discount during a free trial. Bargain compared to the current prices!

I pre-ordered when they had the bigthanks £10 promotion back in January too.

Managed to get £5 off next order via chat...

Yep, happened to me too. And I had got it for £30 on Amazon. Customer service were completely unhelpful. Waiting on an email from a supervisor.

Thinking i'm going to by it at retail this afternoon, at GAME or Argos, where the price is a ridiculous £48.99, and then return the cheaper Wii U copy to the store unsealed once it arrives next week to get the more expensive price back. Will I come across any issues with that?

Also, does anyone know if any supermarkets have Wii U stock?

Edited by: "paulmuchmore" 3rd Mar

AngryEnglishman

​Perhaps a certain copy could be returned to GAME on Monday? You will not … ​Perhaps a certain copy could be returned to GAME on Monday? You will not have played Breath of the Wild all weekend of course :pI managed to pick it up for £33 from Amazon too as they briefly dropped it to £35 in September or October and I asked them to apply the £2 Prime discount during a free trial. Bargain compared to the current prices!

Actually that is an option I hadn't thought of Do you think game give me a cash refund or would it be game credit?

Yep, same happened to me too. I'm really angry with what's happened!

bernardsfingers

Actually that is an option I hadn't thought of Do you think game give … Actually that is an option I hadn't thought of Do you think game give me a cash refund or would it be game credit?

​You'll get a cash refund as long as you return the factory sealed copy.

edit - possibly risky though if Amazon cancel your order completely? Pretty strange for them to delay the delivery on a solus title.
Edited by: "AngryEnglishman" 3rd Mar

Original Poster

I used that £10 promotion as well when I pre-ordered, so I don't want to cancel. I'll push for some sort of credit note when I hear back later.

Poor show really, though. Any retailer selling video games should be able to get a new title out on release day - it's the basic requirement.

Keep adding don't preorder games with Amazon. They don't care about fulfilling their orders with games for some reason.

My local smyths had some in for the midnight launch if you got one local you could go buy it then take it back with the amazon one when it arrived.

Original Poster

Just thinking back to my experience pre-ordering Mario Kart 8 with the official Nintendo store. They couldn't get the game out to me on release date, so they sent out a download code for the digital edition. Then they sent the physical edition too!

Now that is customer service.

You're right - I'm going to quit using Amazon to pre-order games in future.

I've mine due for delivery via Amazon today (allegedly) - yes, the WiiU version. But until it's in my hands...

Banned

I woke up to the email this morning, delayed till Monday

Says mine is arriving Tuesday on the Amazon site. Hoping it doesn't get cancelled altogether.

Strange that a lot of people's order has been delayed to Monday. Mine has been delayed until Tuesday

Original Poster

meganeam

Says mine is arriving Tuesday on the Amazon site. Hoping it doesn't get … Says mine is arriving Tuesday on the Amazon site. Hoping it doesn't get cancelled altogether.

Same here. They seem to have let a lot of people down on this - I hope it's not a genuine stock shortage.

I'm assuming Nintendo don't want to be left with a load of Wii U copies sat in a warehouse somewhere, so it might be a limited production run (?)

Edited by: "flamingcarrot" 3rd Mar

Same here. I queried them last night when I figured it was too late for them to send it out and get it to me today, but they reassured me it was being sent today for arrival today (?). Very disappointing.

I didn't have the day off but I had managed to dig some time out of my schedule (as an adult with responsibilities and little gaming time) this weekend. A delay until Monday has a knock-on effect. It's a first-world problem of course but it's disappointing nonetheless.

nathan3007

Sounds a tiny bit like what happens with iPhones, couriers get the phones … Sounds a tiny bit like what happens with iPhones, couriers get the phones early in the release week but can't deliver them until Friday so maybe whoever is delivering yours has it but aren't allowed to deliver it until today

God I hope so lol.

What are the magic words to get the credit from Amazon? Arguing on Amazon chat as I type . . .

The Wii U sold around 13m. How many Wii U copies do you think Nintendo made?
I think the same situation has happened where they only made a short supply of the Gamecube’s Twilight Princess when compared to the Wii’s version.

Same here got the e-mail saying delayed till Monday my problem is trying to explain this to my autistic son who has talked about nothing but Zelda all week.

Delayed till tuesday. All day yesterday said delivery friday. Gutted.

Mine is out for delivery today from amazon
I ordered in january using the £10 off £50 spend code.

Still arguing with a probable bot on Amazon chat . . . closest I've come to getting an explanation is:

"This item was most selling item in our website when we tried to dispatch this item the item went out of stock with the sellers and that is the reason we are unable to deliver this item in time."

This sounds awfully close to selling people's pre-orders to newer buyers. Disgusting!

Original Poster

Can a mod please move this back to Misc? I'm not wanting a 'best answer' - this is a discussion/sharing thread. Thanks.

You guys have it lucky that its only delayed till Monday or Tuesday, my Wii u version has been delayed till 12th APRIL!!! not to fussed cause my switch version is on its way today
Edited by: "tchau" 3rd Mar

nope, I just picked one up in argos. I reserved online at 8am and collected at 9.

I also ordered on January 20th during Bigthanks promo and got the email this morning 02:48

Now expected Tuesday 7th March.

Ouch on those delayed till April... although I guess there's still a chance mine could also be delayed further.
Edited by: "Marvin101" 3rd Mar

Delayed until Monday here also

Got an email from the supervisor I asked it to be escalated to and they've given me £10 promotional credit, it will be dispatched tomorrow for delivery on Monday.

Still going to be heading out to the shops to pick up a copy today and then return the sealed copy once it has arrived from Amazon.

paulmuchmore

Got an email from the supervisor I asked it to be escalated to and … Got an email from the supervisor I asked it to be escalated to and they've given me £10 promotional credit, it will be dispatched tomorrow for delivery on Monday.Still going to be heading out to the shops to pick up a copy today and then return the sealed copy once it has arrived from Amazon.

I kept getting told it wasn't possible to give credit. Grrrr . . .
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?78
    2. Jury service1824
    3. Large card print/poster..34
    4. What laptop to choose?33

See more discussions