Expired

So annoyed with myself (and a little at currys)

Found 20th Jun
Just a rant about how annoyed I am at myself at my dithering. I was going to place an order with currys and had the item in my basket, something came up at work so I thought I would complete the purchase later. At 15.04 I had an email from currys stating that I had left something in my basket or similar so at 15.35 I thought I will complete the purchase to find that the price had gone up by £110! Im kicking myself for not buying it earlier but annoyed at currys how can the price increase so much in a matter of minutes!!!!
Ok rant over, I'm not expecting any replies just wanted to get this off my chest!
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Infractionboi1 h, 16 m ago

no one complains when a retailer reduces prices its a two way street

They do if it happens a short time after their purchase
“Something came up at work” How dare work get in the way of online shopping time

What was the item, maybe it’s available somewhere else cheaper.

Thats happened to me a couple of times before. It really is one of the most annoying things. Most recently Xbox one X deal that jumped £100 just as I was putting in card numbers
17 Comments
Infractionboi1 h, 16 m ago

They do if it happens a short time after their purchase
“Something came up at work” How dare work get in the way of online shopping time

What was the item, maybe it’s available somewhere else cheaper.

Thats happened to me a couple of times before. It really is one of the most annoying things. Most recently Xbox one X deal that jumped £100 just as I was putting in card numbers
201529 m ago

“Something came up at work” How dare work get in the way of online sho …“Something came up at work” How dare work get in the way of online shopping time What was the item, maybe it’s available somewhere else cheaper. Thats happened to me a couple of times before. It really is one of the most annoying things. Most recently Xbox one X deal that jumped £100 just as I was putting in card numbers

I know work can be so inconsiderate at times it’s one of the LG washing machines, unfortunately the price it is now is the same at other retailers. I can wait for a couple of weeks so it may still come down again. That’s gutting the price changed at payment, I would have thought that you would still have been able to purchase it at the price you clicked on. Now if only retailers did price changes at midnight that would be more convenient lol
Look at ebay as 20% off some electrical items. You might get lucky. See banner on ebay home page
wayners34 m ago

Look at ebay as 20% off some electrical items. You might get lucky. See …Look at ebay as 20% off some electrical items. You might get lucky. See banner on ebay home page

Thanks I’ll have a l
I remember checking a flight to Las Vegas on a travel website and the price going up by 40 quid each time I visited it. Next day it was back to the original price. Certain hotels have used the same method. Maybe Currys are going down the same route!
Edited by: "RedNWhite" 20th Jun
RedNWhite20 m ago

I remember checking a flight to Las Vegas on a travel website and the …I remember checking a flight to Las Vegas on a travel website and the price going up by 40 quid each time I visited it. Next day it was back to the original price. Certain hotels have used the same method. Maybe Currys are going down the same route!

Incognito normally solves this doubt there going to higher a washing machine because one person is watching it in there basket :)))
Creatish13 m ago

Incognito normally solves this doubt there going to higher a washing …Incognito normally solves this doubt there going to higher a washing machine because one person is watching it in there basket :)))

I would usually agree with you. But this is Currys we’re talking about.
wayners9 h, 54 m ago

Look at ebay as 20% off some electrical items. You might get lucky. See …Look at ebay as 20% off some electrical items. You might get lucky. See banner on ebay home page

will those be the ones that went up in price 20 % before the offer
Infractionboi2 h, 44 m ago

will those be the ones that went up in price 20 % before the offer

Yeah. That's their ones. Brilliant enit
Edited by: "wayners" 21st Jun
Had a similar thing happen on Very except even worse as I had to sign up for a credit account for the deal..
Basically got a credit search on my profile for no reason..
Deaa21st Jun

Had a similar thing happen on Very except even worse as I had to sign up …Had a similar thing happen on Very except even worse as I had to sign up for a credit account for the deal..Basically got a credit search on my profile for no reason..

Oh no, that’s terrible. Hopefully it didn’t impact your credit sco
RedNWhite20th Jun

I remember checking a flight to Las Vegas on a travel website and the …I remember checking a flight to Las Vegas on a travel website and the price going up by 40 quid each time I visited it. Next day it was back to the original price. Certain hotels have used the same method. Maybe Currys are going down the same route!

sites generally track you (via the cookies). Typically, they time out after may 5-10mins (otherwise you would stay logged in for ever, but would be a security issue). So they know who you are and can offer a discount to a newcomer, but pressurise you to buy in a time limit. Sometimes you can get different prices by going to a private browsing window (which will nuke the cookie and make it appear as a new customer [until you are logged in]). Its not so much a scam, as a marketing technique. Its worse on airplanes - often there are only 1 or 2 cheap seats on a plane, and they can go quickly, because others are looking for the [same] bargain.
Currys are pretty poor, so they may have done you a favour.
RedNWhite20th Jun

That's a cunning algorithms tracking your habit. This has been going on for around 6 years. Never buy from any of the big travel search engines like Expedia.
splender22nd Jun

That's a cunning algorithms tracking your habit. This has been going on …That's a cunning algorithms tracking your habit. This has been going on for around 6 years. Never buy from any of the big travel search engines like Expedia.

It works both ways though, I think I remember reading a thread on here about Emirates airways, if you went all the way to the payment screen but left the website, a few days later you'd see an ad with the exact same flight for 10% off
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants