So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would

Found 23rd Sep 2017
2016 vote and now it's been delayed to 2019, or is it 2021? Who saw that coming
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Worth bearing in mind that democracy has just failed and that voting is completely pointless.
Whether you want brexit or not the politicians have repeatedly ignored /challenged the result of the referendum and now DisMay has virtually announced we are staying in . Proof the voting public ,who pay their large salaries and expenses , are totally insignificant
Paying £20b to access the eu market any idea how much they are paying to access the British market ?
On the really brightside, it isn't going how heawd wanted.
plodging44 m ago

On this occasion yes I agree ,total contradiction and not to vote was a …On this occasion yes I agree ,total contradiction and not to vote was a difficult decision , based purely on I disagree with referendums as a tool for change . But the sentiment is correct the voting public have been royally shafted and will continue to be .

The voting public were shafted long before the vote by duplicitous liars, charlatans and BS merchants, peddling lies, deceits and promises that they knew the could not deliver and are currently being found out for what they are. Britain is utterly incapable of Brexit, Britain's politicians still, STILL have no idea what form brexit will take, they are blustering, bluffing and playing for time.

There is no conspiracy here, there is no shadowy cabal trying to force Britain to remain, it is purely the utter useleness of a party of blow-hard public school types struggling to come up with anything other than jingoistic claptrap.

They are incapable of what they promised. This is not the fault of Europe, this is not the fault of labour, it is not the fault of the media, it is squarely down to the utterly incapable politicians.
1st faulty prediction by remainers: Britain will never vote to leave the EU
2nd faulty prediction by remainers: Article 50 will never be triggered
3rd faulty prediction by remainers: Britain is never going to leave the EU

Maybe the Remoaners are hoping it will be third time lucky, but I’m not going to hold my breath.
234 Comments
HEAWD !
People just saying how much they missed you !
32068153-ZASzk.jpg
Brexhit is never going to happen. It'll drag on for a while until the generation which voted for it pack up. Eventually the referendum will be forgotten and we'll end up adopting the euro.
On the really brightside, it isn't going how heawd wanted.
Worth bearing in mind that democracy has just failed and that voting is completely pointless.
Whether you want brexit or not the politicians have repeatedly ignored /challenged the result of the referendum and now DisMay has virtually announced we are staying in . Proof the voting public ,who pay their large salaries and expenses , are totally insignificant
Paying £20b to access the eu market any idea how much they are paying to access the British market ?
plodging3 m ago

Worth bearing in mind that democracy has just failed and that voting is …Worth bearing in mind that democracy has just failed and that voting is completely pointless. Whether you want brexit or not the politicians have repeatedly ignored /challenged the result of the referendum and now DisMay has virtually announced we are staying in . Proof the voting public ,who pay their large salaries and expenses , are totally insignificant Paying £20b to access the eu market any idea how much they are paying to access the British market ?

A lesser man would say 'i told you so'.

now I am that lesser man but saying I told you so would probably lead to me having to explain everything all over again.

So what I'm saying is, from the bottom of my heart and with utter sincerity....

L.

O.

L.
You voted to leave, not the terms on how it will be done.

Anyone with more than one brain cell seen this coming a mile off and knew it would be pointless voting to leave.
Comment A for stayers : 1974 to now 2016 (EU Refrendum year ) - 42 elapsed years of divergence of wealth gaps across the EU, in the future, up to another 42 years in reflection using 2016 as mid-reference, say well before 2058, EU will just be Germanic economic powered leaving southern nations, UK&I and peripheral nations all bust to third-world status with current trending of social and financial systems and the way that they worked in the past and will work in the future, perhaps with a new Euro Zone. All AI and technology will be German made in EU superceding much of the manpower in the EU and banking is in Frankfurt. Haves do well keeping up by being German centric, speak fluent German is essential. Havenots with no French and German language and Chinese/Urdu/Arabic etc., I am loss for words as to what happens to them.

Comment B for exiters: Work your cotton socks off like first-world to third-world and make a lot of widgets for export and compete with China, India plus niche countries where their average cost of housing is US$50,000 or less to mortgage where they have AI assisted technology, more use of renewable and modernised infrastructure. Be prepared for your average house price coming down to global averages in a globalised trading world with global apps platforms like uBer, Apple, Google, Baidu, Tencents, Didi etc.

My comment above is that prior to EU Referendum, even if it never happened, we are caught between a rock and a hard place in choosing A or B above and this is very much the same status now. A longer transition just buys more time for us to resolve how we are to make more widgets to trade (within EU or out of EU, in fact, any markets open for trade).
Edited by: "splender" 23rd Sep 2017
OP, do you see what I typed in above that is coming which is far reaching?!
Towelie8 m ago

You voted to leave, not the terms on how it will be done.Anyone with more …You voted to leave, not the terms on how it will be done.Anyone with more than one brain cell seen this coming a mile off and knew it would be pointless voting to leave.

Actually I didn't vote as I knew it was a pointless exercise anyhow .. But the point is it confirms the total lack of respect for US the voting public .
Anyone in the know that can say how much the German car industry is paying to access the British market ?
plodging7 m ago

Actually I didn't vote as I knew it was a pointless exercise anyhow .. But …Actually I didn't vote as I knew it was a pointless exercise anyhow .. But the point is it confirms the total lack of respect for US the voting public . Anyone in the know that can say how much the German car industry is paying to access the British market ?

German pay to acess UK? Nothing , fat zero, Germans are building electric cars in UK, we build no cars in Germany, though we do export car components spec'ed by German car makers to be assembled in German cars.
plodging6 m ago

I didn't vote .... US the voting public .

where.to.begin.
Wongy1101 h, 18 m ago

HEAWD !People just saying how much they missed you ![Image]

Is this pup going to drop a do-do and pee-pee?
Josh.Rogan11 m ago

where.to.begin.

On this occasion yes I agree ,total contradiction and not to vote was a difficult decision , based purely on I disagree with referendums as a tool for change . But the sentiment is correct the voting public have been royally shafted and will continue to be .
plodging6 m ago

On this occasion yes I agree ,total contradiction and not to vote was a …On this occasion yes I agree ,total contradiction and not to vote was a difficult decision , based purely on I disagree with referendums as a tool for change . But the sentiment is correct the voting public have been royally shafted and will continue to be .

It was a great tool, folks, wake up to manufactur more widgets for trading.
May just can't help punching herself in the face, by trying to appease the part of the electorate that would never vote for her she is alienating the part that does, its almost like she wants Corbyn in power.
coys672 h, 1 m ago

May just can't help punching herself in the face, by trying to appease the …May just can't help punching herself in the face, by trying to appease the part of the electorate that would never vote for her she is alienating the part that does, its almost like she wants Corbyn in power.

She is punching herself because the voters do not export or make enough to make us all collectively powerful so she could punch others instead. We are to be blamed collectively.

Even a simpleton knows, if you made 10 cars, a sales lady sold them for money, you and she punch a lot of weight in a restaurant/club. On the other hand, if you made not much, the sales lady sold little, you two are going to punch not a lot of weght when you turned up in a restaurant.

Many simply minds boast that Germany exports more to us than we export to Germany/EU. So their simple mind logic says Germany needs us more than we need them (so they should pay us to access our market). This is perverse logic, in reality, we buy more from Germany/EU because we live beyond our means and capability (because we are not balancing trade with enough exports).
plodging44 m ago

The voting public were shafted long before the vote by duplicitous liars, charlatans and BS merchants, peddling lies, deceits and promises that they knew the could not deliver and are currently being found out for what they are. Britain is utterly incapable of Brexit, Britain's politicians still, STILL have no idea what form brexit will take, they are blustering, bluffing and playing for time.

There is no conspiracy here, there is no shadowy cabal trying to force Britain to remain, it is purely the utter useleness of a party of blow-hard public school types struggling to come up with anything other than jingoistic claptrap.

They are incapable of what they promised. This is not the fault of Europe, this is not the fault of labour, it is not the fault of the media, it is squarely down to the utterly incapable politicians.
Josh.Rogan25 m ago

The voting public were shafted long before the vote by duplicitous liars, …The voting public were shafted long before the vote by duplicitous liars, charlatans and BS merchants, peddling lies, deceits and promises that they knew the could not deliver and are currently being found out for what they are. Britain is utterly incapable of Brexit, Britain's politicians still, STILL have no idea what form brexit will take, they are blustering, bluffing and playing for time. There is no conspiracy here, there is no shadowy cabal trying to force Britain to remain, it is purely the utter useleness of a party of blow-hard public school types struggling to come up with anything other than jingoistic claptrap.They are incapable of what they promised. This is not the fault of Europe, this is not the fault of labour, it is not the fault of the media, it is squarely down to the utterly incapable politicians.

Don't always blame the politicians and saying that they are incapable, it is a two-way responsibility: voters and those whom they voted in. This pic is from the FT, which I have to hand so I took a photo of it - credits to Jeremy Paxman. The ending of this pic, the text says , "All that remains now is to put the decision (Referendum) into effect."
32069379-qwQur.jpg
What a shambles this has turned out to be. RIP democracy in Britain.

Even if Brexit doesn’t happen the past 18 months have been fun watching the Conservative party implode. It’s like watching a slow train wreck – all self inflicted too. Who’d have thunk it, Gideon is now selling newspapers and call me Dave is doing shows in Vegas for £5 a head – Hahahaha. The best is yet to come, a minority government, a leader as weak as a kitten with absolutely zero authority within her party it’s only a matter of time before someone or something puts her disastrous leadership out of its misery. Things must be dire when you have Tory grandees coming out pining for the early Blair years.

May will pay dearly for this and so will her party for the great Brexit shambles. They’ve not only damaged their party, possibly irreparably they’ve also damaged the country, the economy and its reputation. One things for sure, come the next election it wont be a Tory PM entering number 10.
freakstyler39 m ago

What a shambles this has turned out to be. RIP democracy in Britain. …What a shambles this has turned out to be. RIP democracy in Britain. Even if Brexit doesn’t happen the past 18 months have been fun watching the Conservative party implode. It’s like watching a slow train wreck – all self inflicted too. Who’d have thunk it, Gideon is now selling newspapers and call me Dave is doing shows in Vegas for £5 a head – Hahahaha. The best is yet to come, a minority government, a leader as weak as a kitten with absolutely zero authority within her party it’s only a matter of time before someone or something puts her disastrous leadership out of its misery. Things must be dire when you have Tory grandees coming out pining for the early Blair years.May will pay dearly for this and so will her party for the great Brexit shambles. They’ve not only damaged their party, possibly irreparably they’ve also damaged the country, the economy and its reputation. One things for sure, come the next election it wont be a Tory PM entering number 10.

We don't have many leaders with quantitative skills, like a degree in physics and physical chemistry followed by a PhD in Quantum Physics. We elect people based on something almost as if on charisma and very able to fly on the seat of their pants with florid language when confronted with numerical questions on how to resolve economic issues and immigration figures.

As a consequence, since quantitative skills seldom go wrong, numerical analysis tends to give good answers most of the time, so a person who mouths quantitative and evidence based words survives. In contrast to a politician who mouths words with body chemistry and charisma, then when things go wrong the charm is lost and bad smell sets in as if the politician does a big fart followed by verbal diarrhoea.
It's happening still though isn't it.

Still little victories for the people still whining about being on the losing side of a democratic process

The main trouble with politics in the UK at the moment in general are weak wishy washy leaders with weak cabinets that back stab at the first opportunity.
catbeans14 m ago

It's happening still though isn't it.

I hate to be the one to break it to you... but it really isn't. There are no plans to have a border in Ireland, and unless i missed it British ports and transport links are not undergoing any sort of building work in preparation.

You may sit there and call people whiners and moaners til red, white & blue in the face, but the fact is, if Britain was serious about securing borders, it would be... you know... securing borders.
Its not the gopniks coming here to squat in our parks leaving a trail of semechki behind that are making bombs and mass stabbing people.

We all know thats what the raise the drawbridge types voted out for. They watched the slow march from Syria to Germany and screamed hell no.

That really is all there was too it.
Josh.Rogan38 m ago

I hate to be the one to break it to you... but it really isn't. There are …I hate to be the one to break it to you... but it really isn't. There are no plans to have a border in Ireland, and unless i missed it British ports and transport links are not undergoing any sort of building work in preparation.You may sit there and call people whiners and moaners til red, white & blue in the face, but the fact is, if Britain was serious about securing borders, it would be... you know... securing borders.

What exactly do they need to build at these ports and transport links?

We already have passport control at every port and airport in the UK, you know its not just Europeans that come here on boats and planes right? We already have a pretty effective border, its called "the sea"
Josh.Rogan1 h, 19 m ago

I hate to be the one to break it to you... but it really isn't. There are …I hate to be the one to break it to you... but it really isn't. There are no plans to have a border in Ireland, and unless i missed it British ports and transport links are not undergoing any sort of building work in preparation.You may sit there and call people whiners and moaners til red, white & blue in the face, but the fact is, if Britain was serious about securing borders, it would be... you know... securing borders.

whats an open border got to do with leaving the European Union?
Edited by: "catbeans" 23rd Sep 2017
The fact is there was always going to be a handover period.

What Remainers are attempting is, to twist the impatience of Brexiteers into turning it into a revolt against the Government.

Brexit will be fully implement by the next General Election, which to Remainers is a disaster. Their hope just died.

What they really wanted was for it to be delayed until after the GE, so that it became a Labour (soft Brexit) v Conservative (hard Brexit) battle.

They desperately want rid of May, who has vowed to take us out of the single market.

Their only hope of achieving that is to create distrust in her leadership. To make it appear Brexiteers no longer support her ambition.

Brexit is happening, Remainers are simply clutching at straws.

But, frustrated Brexiteers are. Frustrated purely in the fact it cant happen soon enough, not as Remainers try to make it appear, that Brexiteers are having second thoughts.
"So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would" ... Neither has joining the EU since we initially joined.
Sometimes, in my weaker moments, i think 'maybe i'm being harsh on the people who voted brexit, maybe they are clued up about what is actually going to happen and are approaching it from a different perspective'

then... then....
sparxuk1 h, 12 m ago

What exactly do they need to build at these ports and transport links?

catbeans33 m ago

whats an open border got to do with leaving the European Union?

coathanger1 h, 4 m ago

The fact is there was always going to be a handover period.What Remainers …The fact is there was always going to be a handover period.What Remainers are attempting is, to twist the impatience of Brexiteers into turning it into a revolt against the Government. Brexit will be fully implement by the next General Election, which to Remainers is a disaster. Their hope just died.What they really wanted was for it to be delayed until after the GE, so that it became a Labour (soft Brexit) v Conservative (hard Brexit) battle. They desperately want rid of May, who has vowed to take us out of the single market. Their only hope of achieving that is to create distrust in her leadership. To make it appear Brexiteers no longer support her ambition.Brexit is happening, Remainers are simply clutching at straws. But, frustrated Brexiteers are. Frustrated purely in the fact it cant happen soon enough, not as Remainers try to make it appear, that Brexiteers are having second thoughts.

Ignoring all the evidence to the contrary and living in denial. Even Farage can see the writing on the wall.

Eventually even the slowest of readers will come to terms with reality.
1st faulty prediction by remainers: Britain will never vote to leave the EU
2nd faulty prediction by remainers: Article 50 will never be triggered
3rd faulty prediction by remainers: Britain is never going to leave the EU

Maybe the Remoaners are hoping it will be third time lucky, but I’m not going to hold my breath.
Josh.Rogan42 m ago

Sometimes, in my weaker moments, i think 'maybe i'm being harsh on the …Sometimes, in my weaker moments, i think 'maybe i'm being harsh on the people who voted brexit, maybe they are clued up about what is actually going to happen and are approaching it from a different perspective'then... then....

I want to leave the EU because it's a faceless bureaucracy ran by German banks that screwed over Greece and and is causing economical damage. So I still don't see what the Irish boarder has to do with leaving the European Union, please explain to poor stupid me?
Predikuesi4 m ago

1st faulty prediction by remainers: Britain will never vote to leave the …1st faulty prediction by remainers: Britain will never vote to leave the EU 2nd faulty prediction by remainers: Article 50 will never be triggered 3rd faulty prediction by remainers: Britain is never going to leave the EU Maybe the Remoaners are hoping it will be third time lucky, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

Tell me in all honesty, if there was a referendum again in the next few weeks, do you think the percentage voting to leave would increase or decrease over last year's result?
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals7 m ago

Ignoring all the evidence to the contrary and living in denial. Even …Ignoring all the evidence to the contrary and living in denial. Even Farage can see the writing on the wall.Eventually even the slowest of readers will come to terms with reality.

You seem to be happy that there may be a complete failing in democracy and that a government may go against the will of its people, but then why let little things like democracy get in the way of smug point scoring am I right?
Predikuesi5 m ago

1st faulty prediction by remainers: Britain will never vote to leave the …1st faulty prediction by remainers: Britain will never vote to leave the EU 2nd faulty prediction by remainers: Article 50 will never be triggered 3rd faulty prediction by remainers: Britain is never going to leave the EU Maybe the Remoaners are hoping it will be third time lucky, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

I'm still waiting for the apocalypse they predicted,
32071441-Wrfo2.jpg
Destard1 m ago

Tell me in all honesty, if there was a referendum again in the next few …Tell me in all honesty, if there was a referendum again in the next few weeks, do you think the percentage voting to leave would increase or decrease over last year's result?

I’ll leave the predictions to the Remoaners thank you very much
shadey122 m ago

I'm still waiting for the apocalypse they predicted,[Image]

Maybe I should have had a point 4 then
Predikuesi11 m ago

I’ll leave the predictions to the Remoaners thank you very much

So I'll take that as you being worried that the country would almost certainly vote to remain this time round.
Destard2 m ago

So I'll take that as you being worried that the country would almost …So I'll take that as you being worried that the country would almost certainly vote to remain this time round.

See, you got that wrong too .... some people never learn from their mistakes
Josh.Rogan1 h, 1 m ago

Sometimes, in my weaker moments, i think 'maybe i'm being harsh on the …Sometimes, in my weaker moments, i think 'maybe i'm being harsh on the people who voted brexit, maybe they are clued up about what is actually going to happen and are approaching it from a different perspective'then... then....

No mate.
Literally every person that I've met that voted Brexit was either Xenophobic or stupid.
Literally because they hated/feared immigrants or because they were just plain stupid.
Yet to meet one who had a tangible reason; just xenophobia or stupidity.
Predikuesi3 m ago

See, you got that wrong too .... some people never learn from their …See, you got that wrong too .... some people never learn from their mistakes

Mate, do you in all honesty think the country would vote to leave now that the facts are out and the whinging youngsters are finally motivated to vote?
Edited by: "Uranus" 23rd Sep 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants