Groups

So can we get over this 'foxes are cute' schtick now?

Banned
    Can we bring back fox hunting and cut down on the number of foxes in general? I can't be the only one who has noticed more foxes in their area, especially at night making a heck of a lot of noise.

Plus this awful story about the nine month old twins.

117 Comments

Banned

Cruelty to animal's to be brought back.

No, thanks

Banned

what about the parents taking some responsibility

fancy leaving a ground floor outside door open all night 'because of the heat' with two 9 month old babies in the house!

Original Poster Banned

DLM;8778548

Cruelty to animal's to be brought back.No, thanks

They're vermin - I put down mousetraps and not the humane ones. The ones that snap their spine.

Foxes are not just annoying, but they actually kill other animals people keep.

What actually though is the point of fox hunting? Serious question as I honestly dont know - and cant see what fun can be had doing this?

So because a fox attacks somebody you want to start killing them. Lets kill all tigers, lions, crocs as these attack people as well, in fact lets kill all animals just in case they rear their ugly head. Just humans left.... Hang on humans attack humans. Time do drop the bomb i think.

Banned

FilthAndFurry;8778573

They're vermin - I put down mousetraps and not the humane ones. The ones … They're vermin - I put down mousetraps and not the humane ones. The ones that snap their spine.Foxes are not just annoying, but they actually kill other animals people keep.

Let's shoot them all then :roll:

Original Poster Banned

csiman;8778570

what about the parents taking some responsibilityfancy leaving a ground … what about the parents taking some responsibilityfancy leaving a ground floor outside door open all night 'because of the heat' with two 9 month old babies in the house!

I don't think you can say they were going to leave it open 'all night' for certain. I know I leave the doors open when it's hot and then close them before I go to bed.

Have you noticed more foxes in your area? They make a heck of a lot of noise, like a cat being throttled.

Banned

wow must be better in london than i thought, my doors are never left open even in the day

Fox hunting in east london tally ho lol,

FilthAndFurry;8778591

They make a heck of a lot of noise, like a cat being throttled.

They are only making love when you hear the noises.... :w00t:

Original Poster Banned

DLM;8778587

Let's shoot them all then :roll:

scoff;8778586

So because a fox attacks somebody you want to start killing them. Lets … So because a fox attacks somebody you want to start killing them. Lets kill all tigers, lions, crocs as these attack people as well, in fact lets kill all animals just in case they rear their ugly head. Just humans left.... Hang on humans attack humans. Time do drop the bomb i think.

Actually, I'd like to kill them because of the noise they make and the damage they can do to other animals that people keep - to me that's a good enough reason.

I just think this horrid story might open a few naive people's eyes to the fact that foxes aren't all cute wittle animals. They're vermin and I'd treat them like any other vermin like rats, mice etc.

Banned

Let's shoot all men.

A man shot people in cumbria last week.

yep, these regular fox attacks must be stopped..............................

Original Poster Banned

waterloo;8778604

Fox hunting in east london tally ho lol,

Maybe a few residents or even the council could employ urban fox hunters/removers/whatever the correct term for them is.

Original Poster Banned

DLM;8778611

Let's shoot all men.A man shot people in cumbria last week.

Let's start with the imaginary ones first:thumbsup:

Banned

Alfonse;8778614

yep, these regular fox attacks must be … yep, these regular fox attacks must be stopped..............................

I know my neighbour got attacked by a fox recently, NOT

Banned

FilthAndFurry;8778632

Let's start with the imaginary ones first:thumbsup:

Yes, let's.

Go for it :thumbsup:

Banned

I for one am sick and tired of foxes eating our babies! I am sickened by this outrage and may start at online petition to ban foxes.

If anyone wants to start a Facebook group too, that would be great. Maybe something like "Killer foxes shud b hung and shot. lol"

Also, foxes give you cancer.

Fox hunting has never been banned. You can still go out and shoot foxs if thats your thing. What you are not allowed to do is chase them for a mile and laugh as your dogs tear the fox apart, all for a "jolly good wheeze"..... You can't argue that there aren't enough shotguns in the UK - there's supposed to be 1 million of them.

If hunting foxs with dogs had been a "working class" sport it would have been banned 100 years ago.....

Original Poster Banned

DJ1;8778641

I for one am sick and tired of foxes eating our babies! I am sickened by … I for one am sick and tired of foxes eating our babies! I am sickened by this outrage and may start at online petition to ban foxes. If anyone wants to start a Facebook group too, that would be great. Maybe something like "Killer foxes shud b hung and shot. lol"Also, foxes give you cancer.

I see what you did there - you tied it into a Daily Mail 'blah blah give you cancer' type thing. That's very clever.:)

But my main point was that we should be getting rid of foxes because they're annoying vermin who seem to be growing in numbers in areas they weren't previously.

I just added the other story because it was somewhat related and in today's news.

But I certainly think you've put the scares into satirists around the world - mocking the Daily Wail, whatever next you card:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

gari189;8778664

Fox hunting has never been banned. You can still go out and shoot foxs … Fox hunting has never been banned. You can still go out and shoot foxs if thats your thing. What you are not allowed to do is chase them for a mile and laugh as your dogs tear the fox apart, all for a "jolly good wheeze".....If hunting foxs with dogs had been a "working class" sport it would have been banned 100 years ago.....

5 points for making it a class thing.

FilthAndFurry;8778677

5 points for making it a class thing.

It is a "class" thing - (its also a "townie/country" thing). Why was badger baiting outlawed then but fox hunting was allowed to continue?

FilthAndFurry;8778628

Maybe a few residents or even the council could employ urban fox … Maybe a few residents or even the council could employ urban fox hunters/removers/whatever the correct term for them is.

Maybe they could have a "BBQ A FOX DAY" type of advent that would go down well in east London.

Banned

FilthAndFurry;8778668

But I certainly think you've put the scares into satirists around the … But I certainly think you've put the scares into satirists around the world - mocking the Daily Wail, whatever next you card:thumbsup:

It wasn't a dig at you at all. I was pre-empting what most people on here were going to say.

It's amazing how callous the human race is, as soon as something like this awful and tragic event happens, there is an outcry to destroy the species (in this case foxes). The animals instinct is to survive, and to do this it often has to kill, and whilst we think we are superior and evolved, you only have to look around you and read some of the moronic comments on here to realise there are still neanderthals amongst us.

Original Poster Banned

gari189;8778690

It is a "class" thing - (its also a "townie/country" thing). Why was … It is a "class" thing - (its also a "townie/country" thing). Why was badger baiting outlawed then but fox hunting was allowed to continue?

It was a distraction, a massive waste of time to appease 'old labour' idiots who wanted to get one over the 'toffs'. But that's another debate.

Has anyone else noticed more foxes in urban areas?

not sure that anyone ever suggested they were "cute"-the anti hunting brigade are against it for reasons of cruelty.

I agree they are vermin,and the population needs to be controlled and if thats done humanely I have no objection. My problem is with a bunch of sad,inadequate hooray henrys dressing up in red coat tails and hunting them on horseback with dogs-their "controlling the population" argument just doesnt wash imho.

As for the story in the news about the twins,its terrible,a tragedy,but as has already been said,what kind of parents leave their doors open with babies in the house? Hopefully the police will charge them with neglect or reckless endangerment(altho I doubt it)

Original Poster Banned

Humphman;8778702

It's amazing how callous the human race is, as soon as something like … It's amazing how callous the human race is, as soon as something like this awful and tragic event happens, there is an outcry to destroy the species (in this case foxes). The animals instinct is to survive, and to do this it often has to kill, and whilst we think we are superior and evolved, you only have to look around you and read some of the moronic comments on here to realise there are still neanderthals amongst us.

Yes humans are bad, we kill more than any other animal, we're only animals etc.

But doesn't change the fact that foxes are vermin, they kill animals we keep either as pets or 'useful' animals and they seem to be growing in numbers. They make a lot of noise and in summer when you need the windows open that can be a huge annoyance.

Banned

barky;8778708

As for the story in the news about the twins,its terrible,a tragedy,but … As for the story in the news about the twins,its terrible,a tragedy,but as has already been said,what kind of parents leave their doors open with babies in the house? Hopefully the police will charge them with neglect or reckless endangerment(altho I doubt it)

This is mental.

So all houses that contain children are to have all doors and windows closed at all times? The parents have done absolutely nothing wrong here.

Who on Earth would expect a fox to enter a house, climb up the stairs and eat a baby??

Original Poster Banned

barky;8778708

not sure that anyone ever suggested they were "cute"-the anti hunting … not sure that anyone ever suggested they were "cute"-the anti hunting brigade are against it for reasons of cruelty.I agree they are vermin,and the population needs to be controlled and if thats done humanely I have no objection. My problem is with a bunch of sad,inadequate hooray henrys dressing up in red coat tails and hunting them on horseback with dogs-their "controlling the population" argument just doesnt wash imho.As for the story in the news about the twins,its terrible,a tragedy,but as has already been said,what kind of parents leave their doors open with babies in the house? Hopefully the police will charge them with neglect or reckless endangerment(altho I doubt it)

It was hot, it was 10pm....without knowing the full story, I wouldn't want to judge straight away. That's just me though.

DJ1;8778729

This is mental. So all houses that contain children are to have all doors … This is mental. So all houses that contain children are to have all doors and windows closed at all times? The parents have done absolutely nothing wrong here. Who on Earth would expect a fox to enter a house, climb up the stairs and eat a baby??

I didnt suggest they should expect a fox,but plenty could have happened-an abduction for instance-why not shut the door to the twins room and open the window? This was reckless stupidity by the parents.

sassie;8778595

wow must be better in london than i thought, my doors are never left open … wow must be better in london than i thought, my doors are never left open even in the day

Must admit - I always have the back door open here when weather is nice - love the fresh air coming through the house - but I live around loads of farms and believe it or not we have had deer round her loads of times. Last time was a fortnight ago and first I knew they were out back was when Haggis came sprinting in looking absolutely petrified!!

Sad story, don't know what the right answer is. Don't think we should kill foxes, just be more careful about leaving doors/windows etc open. But then they'll get through even a small window if they wanted and we can't totally seal the houses!!

Banned

FilthAndFurry;8778733

It was hot, it was 10pm....without knowing the full story, I wouldn't … It was hot, it was 10pm....without knowing the full story, I wouldn't want to judge straight away. That's just me though.

maybe you should heed your own words before starting threads like this then lol

Nine-month-old twin girls are seriously ill in hospital after apparently being mauled by a fox

Benjimoron;8778767

http://img190.imageshack.us/i/foxc.mp4/

are these pictures taken in your own garden!! It looks like its well settled and happy there!!!!

Benjimoron;8778767

Video of tame fox:http://img190.imageshack.us/i/foxc.mp4/

Foxes are cute :thumbsup:

bossyboots;8778773

are these pictures taken in your own garden!! It looks like its well … are these pictures taken in your own garden!! It looks like its well settled and happy there!!!!

yep, taken about a year ago I think. You can stand around 3 metres away from the sleeping fox before it will get up and move away.

Original Poster Banned

Benjimoron;8778767

Video of tame fox:http://img190.imageshack.us/i/foxc.mp4/

So Benji (or would you prefer Mr Moron?) I take it you've never lost animals to a fox?

They don't come across as quite so cute - and yes I know it's nature and animals kill other animals. But mouses looking for food in houses is 'natural' too and we have no problem destroying them either.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions