So Energy - £40 free for switching - Gas and/or Electricity - No referrals please

Posted 29th Jan
Hi. I notice other energy providers have been posted on here before (such as Bulb) so thought I would post this to give the heads up about So Energy.

They are a Which? recommended energy supplier and rated very highly on Trustpilot (5/5) and other review websites.

I've just moved to them from Utility Point (who were the cheapest for me), but I save a further £30 by moving (plus an additional £40 for being recommended by a friend) - so saving £70 for me.

They have an exit fee if you leave before 12 months, but this is only £5 so if you know someone who is with them who can refer you, the £40 credit will more than cover this.

Their prices are really low so would recommend getting a quote and taking it from there. They are by far one of the cheapest around when you take into account the the free credit and their excellent customer service.

***HUKD does not allow referrals so please do not post any here! ***
Community Updates

Groups

18 Comments
I'm paying cheaper
Unfortunately never mind. Prices went up and I got my price two weeks ago fixed for a year
JimboParrot29/01/2020 13:45

Care to enlighten us?

I got a plan for 12.2 electricity and 2.1. Same standing charge , not on anymore, just got it last as well
For me, I just moved my gas over to them as that was where I would make the biggest saving. Also, I was fed up of my existing provider Utility Point who were being difficult about paying back the credit my account had built up. At least with So Energy they are well respected and top the charts for customer service (and are one of only three energy providers who are Which recommended).
Is DD only or do they do prepay meter?
Arto29/01/2020 14:02

Is DD only or do they do prepay meter?

According to their website - "So Energy does not currently support prepayment meters and you will not be able to switch to us with a prepayment meter at the moment. You can request a change of meter type from your current energy supplier, after which you would be able to switch over to us."
Referred 3 family members to SO Energy, each getting £40 credit (along with me getting £40 credit as well).

They are incredibly cheap too and highly rated by Which.
Exactly - They are one of only three recommended energy suppliers by Which. When you consider there are approximately 60 energy companies it shows they must be doing something right.

They are not that new either. They started around 7 years ago, so although many may not have heard of them they are established and recognised for their excellent customer service.
I signed up and recommended a family member also. They got £40, I got £40 and we are both saving money over what we were paying before too - Win, Win !!
I moved to them 6 or 7 months ago, really easy not had any issues.
Make sure you do a real comparison these are £150 more expensive for us for electricity alone.
eslick29/01/2020 19:10

Make sure you do a real comparison these are £150 more expensive for us …Make sure you do a real comparison these are £150 more expensive for us for electricity alone.

I personally only moved gas across and they were the cheapest by a mile.
happymanuk29/01/2020 19:27

I personally only moved gas across and they were the cheapest by a mile.

£40 a year more expensive for gas than the cheapest but everyone is different so always wise to do a full comparison.
Just moved to Green Energy, just had a quick look though anyway and SO Energy was £4 more expensive per month.

Greens customer service and switchover has been excellent so far but will bare this company in mind if anything goes pear-shaped, thank you OP.
eslick29/01/2020 19:40

£40 a year more expensive for gas than the cheapest but everyone is …£40 a year more expensive for gas than the cheapest but everyone is different so always wise to do a full comparison.

Exactly. Need to put your own details in to get an accurate comparison. There is the £40 free credit too on this one.
Out Fox the market are really good, my recommendation, one of best tariffs around if its still there
I went through a good 50 providers and a load of comparison sites, also NEVER get the 2 year plan. Cost to produce these utilities is only going down, its just a clever ploy to trick you into a longer contract with higher tariffs.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants