So EVGA release a new 10 Series FTW2 and SC2!!

14 replies
Found 10th Feb
So EVGA have released a new FTW2 and SC2 with ICX. Has anyone got the FTW or SC?

I have the SC and this has really annoyed me since I got mine in November.

This is basically a "We F***ed up the FTW and SC and instead of recalling them we will bring a second edition out and make more money.

1. Misc
  2. EVGA
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. EVGA
14 Comments

you mean the evga? last one you had to request the thermal pads from evga and stick it on DIY by opening the card is all i remember...what u mean geforce releases it? they didnt do anything wrong its evga who **** up

Original Poster

BigP50000

you mean the evga? last one you had to request the thermal pads from evga … you mean the evga? last one you had to request the thermal pads from evga and stick it on DIY by opening the card is all i remember...what u mean geforce releases it? they didnt do anything wrong its evga who **** up

Surely geforce is part of this though, I know it's EVGA but I would of thought geforce authorise it? Either way still annoying. I didn't even get thermal pads with my 1070 SC Black Edition. They just said an update has fixed the over heating.

Its EVGA as stated above.

And it wouldnt be GeForce it would be Nvidia, but yeah EVGA f*cked up and i guess have to re release the cards although i thought they did offer RMA replacements for affected cards

Edited by: "JimBobJr" 10th Feb

no its not geforce who are to blame for what EVGA did, its their mistake when they built the aftermarket card so they are to blame for it...geforce are the creators of the gpu and all they put out is the reference card which is also manufactured by most brands like evga, zotac etc.

this is the reference -

https://tech4gamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/ZOTAC-GeForce-GTX-1080-1-750x400.jpg

Original Poster

JimBobJr

Its EVGA as stated above.And it wouldnt be GeForce it would be Nvidia

Right ok. Well apparently you can pay $99 to swap your old 10 Series SC or FTW to the FTW2 or SC2.

seriously? you have to pay for their mistakes? damn..

Original Poster

BigP50000

Yep ha!

evga.com/icx…de/

I dont know, im sure they definitely offered free replacements, perhaps this was only for the original problem of the 1080 FTW

Kinda **** as I have a 1070 ftw but meh i'm happy with mine.

Original Poster

Westwoodo

Kinda **** as I have a 1070 ftw but meh i'm happy with mine.

Ye I'm happy with my 1070 SC Black Edition. Still a kick in the teeth especially since they want £80 to upgrade and also you send your card and once they receive they send you the new one so you could be a week without your PC. My GPU doesn't go over 82c, hot but the range is upto 94c limit.

Danjw91

Ye I'm happy with my 1070 SC Black Edition. Still a kick in the teeth … Ye I'm happy with my 1070 SC Black Edition. Still a kick in the teeth especially since they want £80 to upgrade and also you send your card and once they receive they send you the new one so you could be a week without your PC. My GPU doesn't go over 82c, hot but the range is upto 94c limit.

Exactly, I just couldn't be bothered to type that much :P

Original Poster

Westwoodo

Exactly, I just couldn't be bothered to type that much :P

Haha. Just curious as I've seen people state 50-65c under load but what temps do you get under load on your gpu? Mine is between 75c-85c depending on game with fans at 70%.

BigP50000

BUT YOU GET A FREE T-SHIRT, I'm sure they haven't added it on to the price lol

Danjw91

Haha. Just curious as I've seen people state 50-65c under load but what … Haha. Just curious as I've seen people state 50-65c under load but what temps do you get under load on your gpu? Mine is between 75c-85c depending on game with fans at 70%.

I shall check and get back to you, I haven't had a chance to try it properly underload for a while.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. CEX grading44
    2. Best/cheapest music service69
    3. meaning of op33
    4. How do you transfer files to an Android device over wifi?22

See more discussions