So Flubit is still terrible. What happened?!

Found 16th Oct 2017Edited by:"darkstryder360"
Used to use them religiously for cheaper deals, but now I have no idea where to start. After a MX Master 2 mouse and they have nothing on there. K70 keyboard? Nothing.

Why are they continuing in this state
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
david_wavid5 m ago

I use my fitbit on a daily basis and have no qualms. The trick is to …I use my fitbit on a daily basis and have no qualms. The trick is to monitor your activity daily and most importantly make sure you have adequete charge to enable tracking your runs.

Flubit not fitbit
15 Comments
I can only assume they got taken over by people who weren't happy with their discounts. There was no business reason for them to rip up a winning formula yet that's what happened.

google.co.uk/amp…com
deleted800342
I've not used them since their redesign months ago
They either don't find the product or offer me a HIGHER price!
deleted1431257
I saw an advert for Flubit on TV during the GBBO Channel 4 replay yesterday
Remember the barclays one? I got like £200+ in cashback from that too
They have followed the path to obscurity like play.com.
I use my fitbit on a daily basis and have no qualms. The trick is to monitor your activity daily and most importantly make sure you have adequete charge to enable tracking your runs.
david_wavid5 m ago

I use my fitbit on a daily basis and have no qualms. The trick is to …I use my fitbit on a daily basis and have no qualms. The trick is to monitor your activity daily and most importantly make sure you have adequete charge to enable tracking your runs.

Flubit not fitbit
Original Poster
splatsplatsplat5 h, 3 m ago

They have followed the path to obscurity like play.com.

That was a sad period
I haven't used them in a very long time now. Last time I used their site was when things were as simple as paste a link or use the extensions and wait a certain number hours to get a deal. Since they introduced the second button to get deals faster, it started to go downhill for me from there. Their deals showed me prices 2 times more than what my link had. So for a good while I stopped using them as they just weren't the same. They started giving me delays and cancellations a lot too. Only checked their site out once after they done a whole new make-over but never used them. I only liked them for the way they were in the beginning, not the way they are now.
They've always been terrible.
Constantly cancelling orders the second things went up in price.
AppStar16th Oct

I can only assume they got taken over by people who weren't happy with …I can only assume they got taken over by people who weren't happy with their discounts. There was no business reason for them to rip up a winning formula yet that's what happened.https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/uk.trustpilot.com/amp/review/flubit.com

There was a business reason.

Losing a shed load of money.
plebbygiraffe17th Oct

There was a business reason.Losing a shed load of money.

well it's not the fault of consumers if their business model was flawed or the they went down the pan because of poor management. It was good while it lasted
AppStar4 h, 16 m ago

well it's not the fault of consumers if their business model was flawed or …well it's not the fault of consumers if their business model was flawed or the they went down the pan because of poor management. It was good while it lasted

Who is blaming the consumers? You claimed there was no business reason to change.

But there was.

They didn't change it to screw you, they changed it to stay in business.
plebbygiraffe1 h, 22 m ago

Who is blaming the consumers? You claimed there was no business reason to …Who is blaming the consumers? You claimed there was no business reason to change.But there was.They didn't change it to screw you, they changed it to stay in business.

You said they were losing a shed load of money. I wasn't blaming consumers but merely removing them/us from any blame for the change. What they've done is change their business model into one that is far worse. So what's happening now? Losing a "warehouse" load of money?

they used to offer competitive prices but now they offer you more expensive alternatives. What kind of bloody business decision/model is that?? At that rate they're even less likely to stay business, unless you're an insider and know more than you're letting on?
Edited by: "AppStar" 19th Oct 2017
AppStar16 h, 5 m ago

You said they were losing a shed load of money. I wasn't blaming consumers …You said they were losing a shed load of money. I wasn't blaming consumers but merely removing them/us from any blame for the change. What they've done is change their business model into one that is far worse. So what's happening now? Losing a "warehouse" load of money?they used to offer competitive prices but now they offer you more expensive alternatives. What kind of bloody business decision/model is that?? At that rate they're even less likely to stay business, unless you're an insider and know more than you're letting on?

No one placed consumers at blame, so why the need to remove them from blame?

Flubit was initially meant to be a group buying platform. The idea was the people would come along, demand a deal for a product and then multiple demands would be grouped together to get a group discount negotiated automatically with signed up merchants.

This is why demands took time to fulfil, they needed to group them.

Merchants who had signed up provided a list of their inventory and pricing.

A user demands a deal, they looked it up against this inventory. If there was a match, great. Offer a deal based on that pricing.

If it wasn't they would then fulfil this themselves - the offers from Fireworks Merchant Limited, by buying from retailers at full price but selling to you at a lower cost (ie. losing a shed load of money).

They did this because during their growth stage the inventory would obviously be limited and once more merchants signed up the need to fulfil items themselves would be reduced.

The incentive to merchants was that hey, we can get you a group of buyers for your product and hey we won't charge you the sky high fees of the popular marketplaces and hey you don't even need to spend money advertising your business because we'll just pass you a bunch of customers and you can put those fees and advertising spend into cutting the price.

So it isn't a flawed business model in the sense that once the merchant coverage is there, things will hum along nicely. But as with all models that require blanket coverage of a market you are going to lose lots of money in the growth stage.

And if you run low on that money and more money isn't forthcoming you are going to need to change it up.

Facebook, Twitter, Uber, Airbnb, all these lost or continue to lose shed loads of money but thanks to continued injections of cash they can continue on. My guess is that Flubit has not been able to find more cash or the current investors demanded they make changes.

The Flubit of today is in someways better than the Flubit of the past. You don't have to wait to get a discounted price. The discounted products are available upfront for you to browse and buy.

The big negative is that now it is only limited to the merchant inventory and they don't plug the gaps. But this means they won't be losing money any more.

And I fully agree with you. I don't think they'll be around much longer, but they will be around for a lot longer than they would have been had they not changed - they'd have gone bust.

To put some figures into the mix, you can see from Companies House that Flubit's cash in the bank went from £3m at the end of 2014 to £1.8m at the end of 2015 to £198k at the end of 2016. Quite telling.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants