So funny that this woman believes she could safeguard our country!

104 replies
Found 4th May
Diane Abbot is the shadow home secretary...hilarious interview with LBC

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

Diane Abbott could be in charge of Policing, National Security, immigration and MI5....

and people are still thinking of voting Labour oO

Error440

They both suck but corbyn i like he's a man who will do as he says, he … They both suck but corbyn i like he's a man who will do as he says, he has been consistent for throughout his long political history and he stands with the populus not the bankers

Corbyn spent his entire political career saying we should be out of the EU until he became Labour leader.

A man that does what he says? Pull the other one.

Ok she got her figures wrong and doesn't really know what she is talking about just like nearly every other politician this is the exact reason why T May won't do any live tv debates or interviews she knows she will be ripped apart just like this woman was.

Why would anyone be worried? There's more chance of 'go to last read post' being fixed than there is of her ever becoming Home Secretary.
104 Comments

Original Poster

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nick-ferrari/diane-abbotts-agonising-interview-over-policy-cost/

The Shadow Home Secretary was speaking to Nick Ferrari to announce Labour's new plan for police and crime ahead of the General Election.

And at one point, she claimed that the policy would cost £300,000 - the equivalent of £30 per police officer.

When asked how much the policy would cost, Ms Abbott said: "Well, erm... if we recruit the 10,000 policemen and women over a four-year period, we believe it will be about £300,000."
Edited by: "davewave" 4th May

this is not funny its just plain scary if they think they got a hope of winning with representatives of the labour party like this

Diane Abbott could be in charge of Policing, National Security, immigration and MI5....

and people are still thinking of voting Labour oO

I've vote labour 4 out of the past 6 elections, there's zero chance they'll get my vote with her and Jeremy Corbyn. I really wish David Miliband came back to leadership, I didn't like his brother though.

I wonder if Twitter and other social media have picked up on this story in the last 54 hours?
Edited by: "Saturn" 4th May

It's like the chuckle brothers but with a sister!.

Erm ... yeah ... keep up dave

Saturn

I wonder if Twitter and other social media have picked up on this story … I wonder if Twitter and other social media have picked up on this story in the last 30 hours?

If not, it was in Tuesday morning's newspapers.

fanpages

It can't be THAT interview, surely. Just in case, I will amend my timings forthwith.

Saturn

I wonder if Twitter and other social media have picked up on this story … I wonder if Twitter and other social media have picked up on this story in the last 30 hours?

fanpages

Saturn

It can't be THAT interview, surely. Just in case, I will amend my … It can't be THAT interview, surely. Just in case, I will amend my timings forthwith.

No. It just feels like I have been reading about if for days.

hahahaha, so funny, Woman has brain dead moment and says 300 thousand instead of 300 million. PMSL.

Apparently she is racist and has no faith in our schooling system too.

Ok she got her figures wrong and doesn't really know what she is talking about just like nearly every other politician this is the exact reason why T May won't do any live tv debates or interviews she knows she will be ripped apart just like this woman was.

larrylightweight

Ok she got her figures wrong and doesn't really know what she is talking … Ok she got her figures wrong and doesn't really know what she is talking about just like nearly every other politician this is the exact reason why T May won't do any live tv debates or interviews she knows she will be ripped apart just like this woman was.

T may doesn't need to do tv debates because she will win election with a clear majority

I must say i deteste most politicians but dianne abbot really is a turd that refuses to flush away.

hooray.henry

I must say i deteste most politicians but dianne abbot really is a turd … I must say i deteste most politicians but dianne abbot really is a turd that refuses to flush away.

Use bleach and boiling water turd should go then with flush
Edited by: "LOUGHBORO.GUY" 4th May

LOUGHBORO.GUY

T may doesn't need to do tv debates because she will win election with a … T may doesn't need to do tv debates because she will win election with a clear majority

T may doesn't need to do tv debates because she will win election with a clear majority if she doesn't do tv debates.

123thisisme

T may doesn't need to do tv debates because she will win election with a … T may doesn't need to do tv debates because she will win election with a clear majority if she doesn't do tv debates.

That's solved then she can now sit back in her mansion with a cigar and a Gin and tonic

Hopefully we'll never have to hear from her again after Labour get humiliated in a few weeks time.

She's a reprobate, a very dangerous one. I have nothing but disdain for her character.

Banned

It comes to something when you can say hand oh heart there is someone in the Labour party in a position of power who is more scary and un-electable than Jeremy Corbyn.

I dont think theres ever been a more disgustingly vile racist politician than her, though Germany had one once I guess.

So my point still stands this is exactly why T May will not be pulled into this type of show the whole lot of them lie and don't know the figures to anything the whole show is a farce and it is exactly the reason so many people give up and don't vote.

larrylightweight

So my point still stands this is exactly why T May will not be pulled … So my point still stands this is exactly why T May will not be pulled into this type of show the whole lot of them lie and don't know the figures to anything the whole show is a farce and it is exactly the reason so many people give up and don't vote.

No surprises that the Tory funded media pickup on a small misquote from one of their rivals but just brush all the crap the Tories do just under the carpet.

If it was Corbyn refusing to debate on TV the media would crucify him and all on here would join in.

The worst thing is though, as can be clearly seen in here, that many just lap it up and blindly follow their manipulators.

And before anyone jumps to the conclusion, I am not a die hard labour fan, just detest the Tories and what they stand for.

Hopefully a lot of you will wake you and realise the damage you are about to impose on yourselves by voting for the Toffs.
Edited by: "Towelie" 4th May

LOUGHBORO.GUY

Use bleach and boiling water turd should go then with flush

It doesn't matter what Ms Abbott does, A Turd is still a Turd whichever way you polish it.

Didn't Theresa May forget what town she was even in? At least Labour politicians are facing up and giving interviews that say more than just 'strong and stable government...... coalition of chaos'

To be fair, no one is perfect and mishaps do happen to politicians, it is inevitable unless you are so well oiled and slippery with the press.
The mathematics as I understood it from the 2 key pieces of data that Diane Abbott had said during the LBC interview is thus after she initially misread numbers from her briefing notes produced by her communication team:-
The following was what I had heard her say live on radio at the time.
1. There are 10,000 new police recruits to be phased in over 4 years;
2. The cost is £80 million (per year was her first corrected number).
If I make an assumption of what is missing, but deduced from the meaning of "phased over 4 years" (Diane Abbott said), the maths is not as bad as Ferrari tried to stick on Abbott.
Year 1 - 2,500 police deployed
Year 2 - 5,000 police deployed (add 2,500)
Year 3 - 7,500 police deployed (add 2,500)
Year 4 - 10,000 police deployed (add 2,500)
These add up to 25,000 police person-years over 4 years, erfectly sensible method of deployment is to roll out new recruits on a linear incrementall method.
She said £80 million (per year), so 4 years would be £320 million.
Therefore the cost per police person is £320 million divided by 25,000 police person-years = = £12,800 Q.E.D. which is still far off Police Constable Pay point 0 of £19,773 + £2,373 (London weighting) but not as bad as Ferrari had made out, "£80 million would still only give each policeman an annual salary of £8,000."
This error in maths or misread is no worse or no better than politicians "spending" the same pot of money twice in political speak in the past two decades.
This is the bit that I did not hear directly from the LBC radio live but is reported in Daily Telegraph telegraph.co.uk/new…rs/
Diane Abbott: What I’m saying about the cost is in year 1 obviously we’re getting ready to recruit, but in year 2 the cost will be £64.3m, in year 3 the cost will be £139.1m, year 4 the cost will be £270m, and year 5 the cost will be £298m, and that can be amply covered by reversing the cuts in capital gains tax.
The revised maths is thus:-
The total of the above is £771m over 4 years, divided by 25,000 person years is £30,800 per year which is about Police Constable Paypoint 5. Of course this is an average per person, in reality, you would have a mixture of different Payoint (Constabl, Sargeant, Inspector...).
Whence although Diane Abbotts interview was bad and sounded very awful live on LBC news but the maths that she had tried to represent do stack up reasonably. (It was the subsequent newspaper reports that could not do the maths or did not do the maths as intended , but as can be seen from above, I have done so as an illustration of ballpark of reasonableness.)

Towelie

No surprises that the Tory funded media pickup on a small misquote from … No surprises that the Tory funded media pickup on a small misquote from one of their rivals but just brush all the crap the Tories do just under the carpet. If it was Corbyn refusing to debate on TV the media would crucify him and all on here would join in. The worst thing is though, as can be clearly seen in here, that many just lap it up and blindly follow their manipulators. And before anyone jumps to the conclusion, I am not a die hard labour fan, just detest the Tories and what they stand for. Hopefully a lot of you will wake you and realise the damage you are about to impose on yourselves by voting for the Toffs.

A small misquote, surely you jest.

Its her damn job to know these figures, and even if you don't expect her to know the exact figures off the top of her head she should have been in the right ball park, if my boss or a client asked me a question and i gave the wrong answer by a factor of a thousand, i would be out on my ear, and rightly so.

Abbot for Foreign Secretary

coys67

A small misquote, surely you jest.Its her damn job to know these figures, … A small misquote, surely you jest.Its her damn job to know these figures, and even if you don't expect her to know the exact figures off the top of her head she should have been in the right ball park, if my boss or a client asked me a question and i gave the wrong answer by a factor of a thousand, i would be out on my ear, and rightly so.

Is exactly what the few non extreme rights on here said when Sean Spicer made a similar error during a speech.

Of course, you all jumped to his defence then but when it is a lefty that makes a similar mistake you can't let it go.

Take a read of spenders post above yours as you couldn't have posted at a better time proving his point spectacularly well! X)

Original Poster

Towelie

Is exactly what the few non extreme rights on here said when Sean Spicer … Is exactly what the few non extreme rights on here said when Sean Spicer made a similar error during a speech. Of course, you all jumped to his defence then but when it is a lefty that makes a similar mistake you can't let it go. Take a read of spenders post above yours as you couldn't have posted at a better time proving his point spectacularly well! X)

Is Trump running against Corbyn...don't confuse your geography. Spicer may be an idiot but he is neither in the UK govt or opposition.

Banned

Towelie

Is exactly what the few non extreme rights on here said when Sean Spicer … Is exactly what the few non extreme rights on here said when Sean Spicer made a similar error during a speech. Of course, you all jumped to his defence then but when it is a lefty that makes a similar mistake you can't let it go. Take a read of spenders post above yours as you couldn't have posted at a better time proving his point spectacularly well! X)

Sean Spicer is moron. Diane Abbott is an incompetent racist who is more suited to stacking shelves in Tesco than being anywhere near politics. (Im being very serious there.) Forget she's a leftie and your allegiances, are you not in the slightest bit embarrassed at the crap she comes out with time and time again?

Edit. I just read Splendors post and I would vote him home secretary over Diane Abbott any day of the week, but then again, I'd prefer Noddy, so dont take it as an endorsement Splendor! lol

Edited by: "3dprince" 4th May

3dprince

Sean Spicer is moron. Diane Abbott is an incompetent racist who is more … Sean Spicer is moron. Diane Abbott is an incompetent racist who is more suited to stacking shelves in Tesco than being anywhere near politics. (Im being very serious there.) Forget she's a leftie and your allegiances, are you not in the slightest bit embarrassed at the crap she comes out with time and time again?Edit. I just read Splendors post and I would vote him home secretary over Diane Abbott any day of the week, but then again, I'd prefer Noddy, so dont take it as an endorsement Splendor! lol

They are both morons tbh, as are most politicians but they should all be judged to the same standards, not just if they fit with your rhetoric or not.

Again though, I have no political allegiance and have never voted the same party more than once, I am simply anti Tory.

Hark at her for getting figures wrong when hit with a question she wasn't expecting that shows she's not fit for the job.

But forgetting your kid in a pub and going home is a perfectly fine thing for a prime minster to do and didn't reflect at all badly on him.

Being​ a remainer doesn't stop the brexiters suppoting may now she's having to pretend to be in favour of leaving.

And what happened to that 350 million boris promised for the NHS?
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 4th May

Original Poster

Towelie

They are both morons tbh, as are most politicians but they should all be … They are both morons tbh, as are most politicians but they should all be judged to the same standards, not just if they fit with your rhetoric or not. Again though, I have no political allegiance and have never voted the same party more than once, I am simply anti Tory.

I live in the UK so I am concerned atm about who people vote for in the UK, this is the shadow home secretary, she cannot count and has chased after every headline concerning race with abandon.
She is the epitome of a loose cannon.

Original Poster

Error440

Hark at her for getting figures wrong when hit with a question she wasn't … Hark at her for getting figures wrong when hit with a question she wasn't expecting that shows she's not fit for the job.But forgetting your kid in a pub and going home is a perfectly fine thing for a prime minster to do and didn't reflect at all badly on him.Being a remainer doesn't stop the brexiters suppoting may now she's having to pretend to be in favour of leaving.

heres a newsflash ... Theresa May is the current PM not David Cameron.
(BTW Don't mean to patronise you but that is a rather basic error, isn't it?)

davewave

heres a newsflash ... Theresa May is the current PM not David … heres a newsflash ... Theresa May is the current PM not David Cameron.(BTW Don't mean to patronise you but that is a rather basic error, isn't it?)

Unable to read through a entire comment i see.

shasnir

Diane Abbott like Jeremy Corbyn will not answer questions such as "will … Diane Abbott like Jeremy Corbyn will not answer questions such as "will you use a nuclear weapon if you knew the UK was about to be hit with nuclear missile and you knew their location to take them out first"https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xVajc8_mqEM

What a stupid question this isnt the wild west and you can't take them out first, most countries have nukes mobile or offshore so that they can retaliate if the homeland is hit, plus you have the issue of the neighbouring countries.

What a stupid question to ask anyone was it a school child who asked such a stupid thing.

Original Poster

shasnir

Diane Abbott like Jeremy Corbyn will not answer questions such as "will … Diane Abbott like Jeremy Corbyn will not answer questions such as "will you use a nuclear weapon if you knew the UK was about to be hit with nuclear missile and you knew their location to take them out first"https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xVajc8_mqEM

1st attempton the question of nuclear weapon...bleat bleat
2nd attempt a labour party would do everything they could...bleat bleat
3rd attempt we're always prepared to defend our country...bleat bleat
4th attempt we don't believe...bleat bleat
5th attempt we believe there are many more pressing threats...

'''more pressing threats''' than an incoming nuclear weapon - Ha Ha! What a dunce.

Original Poster

Error440

What a stupid question this isnt the wild west and you can't take them … What a stupid question this isnt the wild west and you can't take them out first, most countries have nukes mobile or offshore so that they can retaliate if the homeland is hit, plus you have the issue of the neighbouring countries.What a stupid question to ask anyone was it a school child who asked such a stupid thing.

You have given a better answer than the person who Labour believes is best placed to be our Home Secretary!! So what does that tell you?

Error440

What a stupid question this isnt the wild west and you can't take them … What a stupid question this isnt the wild west and you can't take them out first, most countries have nukes mobile or offshore so that they can retaliate if the homeland is hit, plus you have the issue of the neighbouring countries.What a stupid question to ask anyone was it a school child who asked such a stupid thing.

She was asked in every way possible not just that one way, she wouldn't answer no matter how the question of using the Nuclear capability was put to her.

I.e. FIRST QUESTION. "Would you be prepared along with whoever was Prime Minister to authorise the use of a nuclear weapon from our Nuclear armament if we had to ?".

Edited by: "shasnir" 4th May
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56553
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle67
    3. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)45
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…22

See more discussions