So, have i really won... or is it a gimmick??

Found 15th Sep 2009
hi there
recieved a Congratulations card through post this morning
saying i won a prize worth £3,750!
from entering the seasons prize draw featured by getmeaticket..
it goes on to say phone this no. within 7 days..
the only comps i enter are on this site, was wondering if anyone else had recieved one
don't want to phone the no. and get sucked in!!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
15 Comments

lol why didnt they ring you

Most likely a scam.

The moment i see a 09xxx premium number, i bin it.

how much does it cost to phone the number?

Original Poster

[COLOR="Purple"]its a freephone 0800..[/COLOR]

It's a club seasons scam.
theanswerbank.co.uk/Tra…tml

*(The "prize" is a week or two of high pressure selling in carefully selected jurisdictions, where 90% + end up buying timeshares)

JO-JO;6296404

[COLOR="Purple"]its a freephone 0800..[/COLOR]

well theres no harm in ringing it then but too be honest i never believe these things.

If you google it you find that the prize is most likely a free membership rather like a time share,

Original Poster

[COLOR="Purple"]thanks everyone.. not gonna ring the number even if it is free..[/COLOR]

Ring it.....its free. I am just too nosey.

well we did somthing like this in las vegas.. went to a time share thing as it was very hot in the afternoon to do anything else there.. The hotel had a timeshare and we went for it.. Nice AC bus to the venue, free buffet lunch there.. 3 hrs of pitching.. which we said no no no no. And after that got loads of vouchers for free food at the hotel, ffree shows and another 3 nights at the hotel to be used within 1 yr. Not bad really!! Sometimes these things can be played out!! try it!

Jumpingphil;6297862

You could always go to a phonebox and ring them.That way, if you forget … You could always go to a phonebox and ring them.That way, if you forget to bar your own number, they won't be able to track you down, they won't know who you are and you can just hang up when you want ( or even leave the phone hanging with them still talking ).You could ask all sorts of questions about them and what the prize is without any fear that you can't just walk away.But then again, perhaps just leave it. When I suggested this sort of thing yesterday, I got called a grumpy old fart.

You're such a grumpy old fart, aren't you :p:giggle:

Jumpingphil;6297862

You could always go to a phonebox and ring them.That way, if you forget … You could always go to a phonebox and ring them.That way, if you forget to bar your own number, they won't be able to track you down, they won't know who you are and you can just hang up when you want ( or even leave the phone hanging with them still talking ).You could ask all sorts of questions about them and what the prize is without any fear that you can't just walk away.But then again, perhaps just leave it. When I suggested this sort of thing yesterday, I got called a grumpy old fart.

Grumpy or not.. thats good advice!! I'd for it!

its a freephone number go for it, just withhold your own if you're that worried

Original Poster

[COLOR="Purple"]ok, my curiosity got the better of me!!
i phoned,. and i have won....Drum roll......

A free membership to some sort of timeshare
( how annoying!!)
o well, i,ll still carry on comping![/COLOR]

JO-JO;6298737

[COLOR="Purple"]ok, my curiosity got the better of me!!i phoned,. and i … [COLOR="Purple"]ok, my curiosity got the better of me!!i phoned,. and i have won....Drum roll......A free membership to some sort of timeshare( how annoying!!)o well, i,ll still carry on comping![/COLOR]

have some rep!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition46377
    2. Win free gin for a year88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions