Groups

so how is the Windows 10 creators update?

has anybody got any info on what it can do, i did read some articles up on it but just want to hear what any of you guys have experience is it better or worse?

11 Comments

Seems quicker but probably a placebo ;).

No issues with it so far here... Used the slow ring release for a while and had a few niggly issues (start menu not opening up over rdp), but they've all been ironed out. Used the upgrade assistant to do the rest of my PCs the other day with no probs so far...

Haven't really tried out any of the new stuff though (3d, game mode etc...)

Original Poster

dfunked

No issues with it so far here... Used the slow ring release for a while … No issues with it so far here... Used the slow ring release for a while and had a few niggly issues (start menu not opening up over rdp), but they've all been ironed out. Used the upgrade assistant to do the rest of my PCs the other day with no probs so far...Haven't really tried out any of the new stuff though (3d, game mode etc...)

i read about the game mode but it was said

Game ModeGamers will find a lot to love in the Creators Update—especially … Game ModeGamers will find a lot to love in the Creators Update—especially if they’ve learned to stop worrying and love the Windows Store. (If you’re not playing the likes of Minecraft, Forza Horizon 3, or Gears of War 4, there’s a lot less to be excited about.)Gamers will find a lot to love in the Creators Update. Symbolically, it elevates gaming to first-class status in Windows, adding a dedicated Gaming options section to the OS’s Settings app.The Creators Update adds some intriguing new game-centric features as well. The most notable is Game Mode, which shifts your hardware’s resources around to maximize gaming performance and reduce frame rate stuttering when you need extra oomph. In our testing, it doesn’t move the needle much in dedicated gaming PCs, but Game Mode can make unplayable games playable in laptops and other resource-constrained systems.

dfunked

No issues with it so far here... Used the slow ring release for a while … No issues with it so far here... Used the slow ring release for a while and had a few niggly issues (start menu not opening up over rdp), but they've all been ironed out. Used the upgrade assistant to do the rest of my PCs the other day with no probs so far...Haven't really tried out any of the new stuff though (3d, game mode etc...)

Game ModeGamers will find a lot to love in the Creators … Game ModeGamers will find a lot to love in the Creators Update—especially if they’ve learned to stop worrying and love the Windows Store. (If you’re not playing the likes of Minecraft, Forza Horizon 3, or Gears of War 4, there’s a lot less to be excited about.)Gamers will find a lot to love in the Creators Update. Symbolically, it elevates gaming to first-class status in Windows, adding a dedicated Gaming options section to the OS’s Settings app.The Creators Update adds some intriguing new game-centric features as well. The most notable is Game Mode, which shifts your hardware’s resources around to maximize gaming performance and reduce frame rate stuttering when you need extra oomph. In our testing, it doesn’t move the needle much in dedicated gaming PCs, but Game Mode can make unplayable games playable in laptops and other resource-constrained systems.

From what I read you have to press the Windows key +g and enable it.
    I've tried GTA and that didn't give me the option.
    Going to try forza later.

Mine won't even download keep getting errors

Control panel and few other options gone from right click on start is irritating me

Control panel and few other options gone from right click on start is … Control panel and few other options gone from right click on start is irritating me

Thanks for reminding me, wondering where it went! Simplest way for easy access to Control panel - Type "Control Panel" in Run option, minimise the Control Panel and pin to Taskbar.

check your default programs and privacy settings - mine were reset following this update, as was Barnacules' on his instagram feed

you know the down arrow u put the curser over to page down on endge you have to keep moveing the curser off it and then back on it to keep it working

drives me mad

miles136

you know the down arrow u put the curser over to page down on endge you … you know the down arrow u put the curser over to page down on endge you have to keep moveing the curser off it and then back on it to keep it workingdrives me mad

Yep. Same for X too. Annoying.

rev6

Yep. Same for X too. Annoying.

it really does wind me up
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764207
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31137
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846166
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio44

See more discussions