So How Much Is A Replacement Airpod? U Wot?! £65

16 replies
Found 16th Dec 2016
Apple will charge £65 to replace one lost Airpod/Charging case, battery replacement is to be £45
bbc.co.uk/new…748

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
16 Comments

not to worry, apple users have been getting shafted for years with inferior products and old tech.

They will happily pay that for what is essentially a £5 bluetooth earbud
Edited by: "eset12345" 16th Dec 2016

Another of the many reasons i don't buy crappy Apple products.

mdewhurstuk1

Another of the many reasons i don't buy crappy Apple products.

Crapple ha ha

to be fair I wouldn't expect them to be free or cheap, if *I lost* a wheel for my new car I wouldn't expect a free replacement

dataload

to be fair I wouldn't expect them to be free or cheap, if *I lost* a … to be fair I wouldn't expect them to be free or cheap, if *I lost* a wheel for my new car I wouldn't expect a free replacement

That's a good point.

Original Poster

eset12345

not to worry, apple users have been getting shafted for years with … not to worry, apple users have been getting shafted for years with inferior products and old tech.They will happily pay that for what is essentially a £5 bluetooth earbud

I know, It's terrible

Sent From My iPhone

Original Poster

dataload

to be fair I wouldn't expect them to be free or cheap, if *I lost* a … to be fair I wouldn't expect them to be free or cheap, if *I lost* a wheel for my new car I wouldn't expect a free replacement

Bit different concept, but I do get your point. You're gonna notice a wheel missing, but something as small as an AirPod is easily lost
Edited by: "nathan3007" 16th Dec 2016

dataload

But they are making even more profit than one original airpod costs.

nathan3007

Bit different concept, but I do get your point. You're gonna notice a … Bit different concept, but I do get your point. You're gonna notice a wheel missing, but something as small as an AirPod is easily lost

What if you lost a wheel off your Matchbox car?

chocci

But they are making even more profit than one original airpod costs.

but if you buy something and lose it, it's your own fault

this is only talked about because it's Apple

(I've never owned an iPhone, by choice)

Original Poster

haritori

What if you lost a wheel off your Matchbox car?

Then you have a 3 wheeled matchbox car?
Edited by: "nathan3007" 16th Dec 2016

dataload

but if you buy something and lose it, it's your own faultthis is only … but if you buy something and lose it, it's your own faultthis is only talked about because it's Apple(I've never owned an iPhone, by choice)

​but they designed it so that it is incredibly easy to lose in a form of revenue preservation

dataload

​I wouldn't expect them to be free... Spares are always dearer pro rata.

The real irony unwittingly hidden in your comment is you could actually buy a brand new wheel for the price of an airbud

nathan3007

Then you have a 3 wheeled matchbox car?

What if you lost the spare one on the back of your Siku 4x4

Original Poster

Error440

What if you lost the spare one on the back of your Siku 4x4

Then you have crappy fixings

Is this thread just for people who are unjustifiably angry at a manufacturer to announce how much the manufacturer angers them? Not even sure why people who make the point that they won't buy Apple products get so upset about the replacement parts/repair costs/relative spec of said items they will never buy anyway. Are they being sympathetic and worrying about their fellow man or do they they just have nothing better to worry about?

Replacement parts are always relatively expensive. I've known replacement remote controls cost almost as much as the entire unit; ink cartridges cost almost as much as the printer much of the time...it's not exclusive to Apple, and as previously mentioned - losing something is your fault. It would make sense to take out insurance if you're prone to such things.

People were even getting het up about the repairability of the AirPods. When was the last time you attempted to repair a Bluetooth headset?! I have loads of little Bluetooth devices knocking about - some of which cost me a fortune at launch, but I wouldn't - and haven't - thought about dismantling them.
Edited by: "misterleoni" 28th Dec 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Boredom1419
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet35108
    3. Trying to create a list of short modern video games. Any suggestions?918
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769638

See more discussions