Groups

so I bought tickets off ebay...

Bought some tickets off ebay (almost double the RRP) and have asked (and paid) the seller to post special next day delivery today. Havent heard anything from the seller since the end of the auction, I paid immediately.
    Just wondered...where do I stand if s/he doesnt post them intime for the concert on Sunday....especially with the postal strikes
    The tickets were too far away to pick up or else I would have done.
    Thanks
    Tigs

18 Comments

Refund, that's about it.

Banned

you can claim through royal mail , just in the process of doing so myself

sd turned up a day late which was the day after the gig

Original Poster

t0mm;6604408

Refund, that's about it.

So I would defo get a refund? that would be fine...just dont want to miss the concert and be out of pocket
    casparwhite;6604416

you can claim through royal mail , just in the process of doing so … you can claim through royal mail , just in the process of doing so myselfsd turned up a day late

OK...didnt know if it was different for tickets....think im just at a panicy stage with not hearing anything from the seller :roll:

both repped

I take it you're talking about next Sunday?

Suppose it depends on when you bought them - how long ago was it?

Original Poster

moob;6604441

I take it you're talking about next Sunday?Suppose it depends on when you … I take it you're talking about next Sunday?Suppose it depends on when you bought them - how long ago was it?

yeah..sunday the 25th I bought them yesterday...Im obviously not expecting them to be delivered by today lol...but I asked the seller to let me know when he posted them...and asked if he could make every effort to post them today with the postal strike been on.

I was under the impression "Royal Mail Special Delivery (TM) Next Day" is the only guaranteed postage method? hence why I asked them to be posted this. I think the strike starts on the 22nd here (not sure but I have heard that somewhere :roll:) so was kinda hoping that if they were sent today they would get here before the strike....

lil_tiger;6604489

yeah..sunday the 25th I bought them yesterday...Im obviously not … yeah..sunday the 25th I bought them yesterday...Im obviously not expecting them to be delivered by today lol...but I asked the seller to let me know when he posted them...and asked if he could make every effort to post them today with the postal strike been on.I was under the impression "Royal Mail Special Delivery (TM) Next Day" is the only guaranteed postage method? hence why I asked them to be posted this. I think the strike starts on the 22nd here (not sure but I have heard that somewhere :roll:) so was kinda hoping that if they were sent today they would get here before the strike....

Think you'll probably get them by Tuesday - good luck!

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;6604458

With sd I would not worry as they will deliver it, it costs them too much … With sd I would not worry as they will deliver it, it costs them too much not too, I even had agency workers deliver mine for that reason when the postie was off. If not the seller can refund and claim off them.

hopefully that will happen with me too taa guess im a bit annoyed already as the seats arent exactly where I thought (my fault not theirs) so when one thing goes wrong I expect everything to go wrong lol:roll:

lil_tiger;6604489

yeah..sunday the 25th I bought them yesterday...Im obviously not … yeah..sunday the 25th I bought them yesterday...Im obviously not expecting them to be delivered by today lol...but I asked the seller to let me know when he posted them...and asked if he could make every effort to post them today with the postal strike been on.I was under the impression "Royal Mail Special Delivery (TM) Next Day" is the only guaranteed postage method? hence why I asked them to be posted this. I think the strike starts on the 22nd here (not sure but I have heard that somewhere :roll:) so was kinda hoping that if they were sent today they would get here before the strike....

Maybe they're a business and don't reply after 5PM on friday until monday?
    I've delt with companies like that before on eBay.

RMSD is still garanteed during national strikes, i think it was last time AFAIK

Its upto the seller to prove that you got them in time otherwise you will get a refund,

Original Poster

moob;6604500

Think you'll probably get them by Tuesday - good luck!

cheers....I hope so too! :thumbsup:
    t0mm;6604504

Maybe they're a business and don't reply after 5PM on friday until … Maybe they're a business and don't reply after 5PM on friday until monday?I've delt with companies like that before on eBay.RMSD is still garanteed during national strikes, i think it was last time AFAIK

perhaps so....but surely they shouldnt list things within the 'out of hours' times too....reading their feedback it seems they are quite poor at the whole contact thing so heres hoping they have posted today or will post on monday....:thumbsup:
    tonyg1962;6604509

Its upto the seller to prove that you got them in time otherwise you will … Its upto the seller to prove that you got them in time otherwise you will get a refund,

and that would be proved by a signature on the delivery form right? I thought everyone would tell me its my fault for buying them almost within a week to the concert and during a strike lol....thought the seller may have done their job by posting regardless if I recieved them ontime lol

I HOPE im just been silly and they will get here safe....but cant help but doubt people on ebay lately lol
    everyones been repped taa

lil_tiger;6604548

cheers....I hope so too! :thumbsup:perhaps so....but surely they shouldnt … cheers....I hope so too! :thumbsup:perhaps so....but surely they shouldnt list things within the 'out of hours' times too....reading their feedback it seems they are quite poor at the whole contact thing so heres hoping they have posted today or will post on monday....:thumbsup:and that would be proved by a signature on the delivery form right? I thought everyone would tell me its my fault for buying them almost within a week to the concert and during a strike lol....thought the seller may have done their job by posting regardless if I recieved them ontime lolI HOPE im just been silly and they will get here safe....but cant help but doubt people on ebay lately loleveryones been repped taa

Yeah.
    If I pay RMSD or a Courier for a HIGH VALUE item I expect the tracking code as soon as its left their hands.

I hate playing the waiting game - so I can see where you're coming from.

who are you going to see? or have i missed it somewhere along the thread :oops:

Original Poster

t0mm;6604555

Yeah.If I pay RMSD or a Courier for a HIGH VALUE item I expect the … Yeah.If I pay RMSD or a Courier for a HIGH VALUE item I expect the tracking code as soon as its left their hands.I hate playing the waiting game - so I can see where you're coming from.

yeah ditto....I sent them an email asking them to confirm my payment was recieved (was through PP so I know it was but ust want them to accept it lol) confirm my address (only have one on there but previous sellers have managed to send it to the wrong one 'apparently'!) and let me know when they intend posting it (mentioning as above about possibly posting it today because of the strikes)
    I prob come across as a controlling cow but theres so many idiots on there that I cant help but worry lol
    wulshaz;6604563

who are you going to see? or have i missed it somewhere along the thread … who are you going to see? or have i missed it somewhere along the thread :oops:

no, it hasnt been asked....theyre pink tickets...Im in love with her and have tried every single other place...ebay was my last resort :x (when they went on sale the ex got tickets......:roll: lol crazy thing is im going the same night now lol :w00t:)

awww i love her too!! i am going on tuesday to the secc glasgow cant wait i went in april but enough is never enough of pink! :-D
    i hope you get your tickets and everything is alright how much did you pay was it alot?

Original Poster

wulshaz;6604599

awww i love her too!! i am going on tuesday to the secc glasgow cant wait … awww i love her too!! i am going on tuesday to the secc glasgow cant wait i went in april but enough is never enough of pink! :-Di hope you get your tickets and everything is alright how much did you pay was it alot?

yeah shes amazing!!! I saw her in may in London....but I had an exam a couple of days after and felt so stressed I couldnt really enjoy it :x apparently she has a bust lip at the mo lol....'the mic attacked her' I paid £120 for 2....not happy at all but I just HAD to see her! theyre tickets for the front row of the upper tier (the side where the stage goes towards...youll understand lol) but checking the MEN plan the 'tiers' arent tiered :x hence them not being exactly where I thought....Im completely behind all the lower tier lol

thats not to bad in price from some i seen for the glasgow one were hitting £200! we are in the seats straight across from the stage so hopefully its alright but if not we will slip down the front :-D

Original Poster

wulshaz;6604648

thats not to bad in price from some i seen for the glasgow one were … thats not to bad in price from some i seen for the glasgow one were hitting £200! we are in the seats straight across from the stage so hopefully its alright but if not we will slip down the front :-D

yeah they should be good...will have a good overall view of the performance...I was hoping my tickets would be good for the air stuff she does (not gonna spoil it for anyone.....but she does 'air stuff' at all shows lol) ahh well....Just hope they get here now...lemme know how she is when you see her..and send my love x

lil_tiger;6604661

yeah they should be good...will have a good overall view of the … yeah they should be good...will have a good overall view of the performance...I was hoping my tickets would be good for the air stuff she does (not gonna spoil it for anyone.....but she does 'air stuff' at all shows lol) ahh well....Just hope they get here now...lemme know how she is when you see her..and send my love x

will do :-D i cant wait :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4532117
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      4. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66

See more discussions