Groups

So.. I came back from the GP today..

because my face has been f...'d up.

turns out i have bells palsy.

'Bell's palsy is a paralysis of the facial nerve resulting in inability to control facial muscles on the affected side. ...'

for those who don't know.

I'm on 12 steroids and 5 anti viral tablets a day. Woohoo!

33 Comments

usually affects pregnant women ...you poor thing

get well soon

unlucky dude, you will be fine in a week or two

video explaining
    youtube.com/wat…TEc

If it affects your eye - ask for drops to stop the eye drying out and getting sore.

SH

Oh gosh... I had a bf who had this once...and a friend had it too.... hope you got to the docs not long after the symptoms started. Get well soon x

awwww get well soon :friends:

queenlush;4658536

usually affects pregnant women ...you porker

+1

Original Poster

Yeah, i've only had it since Saturday, so we've caught it early.

Doctor signed me off college for two weeks (god knows why).

Eye isn't really affected, lip is though. it's my right side of my face.

Titchimp;4658566

+1

i did laff

t0mm;4658572

Yeah, i've only had it since Saturday, so we've caught it early. Doctor … Yeah, i've only had it since Saturday, so we've caught it early. Doctor signed me off college for two weeks (god knows why).Eye isn't really affected, lip is though. it's my right side of my face.

so do you look sad on one side and happy on the other?

t0mm;4658572

Yeah, i've only had it since Saturday, so we've caught it early. Doctor … Yeah, i've only had it since Saturday, so we've caught it early. Doctor signed me off college for two weeks (god knows why).Eye isn't really affected, lip is though. it's my right side of my face.

pics of you trying to smile?
    plz

t0mm;4658572

He probably signed you off because I gather stress can make things worse. I'm glad you went quickly.

phatboy123;4658615

pics of you trying to smile? plz

i saw tom smile .........once

Original Poster

queenlush;4658605

so do you look sad on one side and happy on the other?

I look serious on one side
    phatboy123;4658615

pics of you trying to smile? plz

Maybe later
    bellabonkers;4658627

He probably signed you off because I gather stress can make things worse. … He probably signed you off because I gather stress can make things worse. I'm glad you went quickly.

I love it. I could sit infront of a mirror for ages.

On a serious note though.. thank you :friends:

Original Poster

shanecr;4658640

i saw tom smile .........once

wasn't that 37 years ago in 'nam?

Hope you feel better soon

They thought I had that once, but it was a new warning symptom of my NEAD (non-epileptic-attack-disorder). Have gotten used to my mouth drooping now, but annoys me when people stare. Worst was in a hospital canteen - a few members of staff were pulling one side of their mouth down and laughing, if anyone should know better its nurses and a doctor!

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic;4658660

Hope you feel better soon They thought I had that once, but it was a new … Hope you feel better soon They thought I had that once, but it was a new warning symptom of my NEAD (non-epileptic-attack-disorder). Have gotten used to my mouth drooping now, but annoys me when people stare. Worst was in a hospital canteen - a few members of staff were pulling one side of their mouth down and laughing, if anyone should know better its nurses and a doctor!

Hope you complained!
    my face isn't that bad the moment (expected to get worse within 48 hours) but the only problem im having is drinking and eating(i keep biting my lip!)

kelly_o_fanatic;4658660

Hope you feel better soon They thought I had that once, but it was a new … Hope you feel better soon They thought I had that once, but it was a new warning symptom of my NEAD (non-epileptic-attack-disorder). Have gotten used to my mouth drooping now, but annoys me when people stare. Worst was in a hospital canteen - a few members of staff were pulling one side of their mouth down and laughing, if anyone should know better its nurses and a doctor!

That is shocking

I remember my mum had this, horrible, horrible horrible - really feel for u hun :friends:

Pics of you downing a pint!

t0mm;4658659

wasn't that 37 years ago in 'nam?

yeah...was hard to tell with all the camo tho :whistling:

kelly_o_fanatic;4658660

Disgusting! I bet that made you feel nice.

Original Poster

stgeorge;4658686

Pics of you downing a pint!

I don't drink:p

t0mm;4658666

Hope you complained!my face isn't that bad the moment (expected to get … Hope you complained!my face isn't that bad the moment (expected to get worse within 48 hours) but the only problem im having is drinking and eating(i keep biting my lip!)

I was just so embarrassed I wanted to get out of their as quick as I could. Didnt mention it to my mum (who was with me) until afterwards and she went ballistic (which I knew she would) and wanted to go and say something to them and also complain - I just wanted to forget it though.

Its really embarrassing and stressful anyway, but the one place I thought I could feel ok about it happening is in a hospital!

queenlush;4658671

That is shocking

stgeorge;4658704

Disgusting! I bet that made you feel nice.

As if laughing wasnt bad enough, looking at me and pulling their mouths down was just disgusting. It was about 2 years ago and still makes me self concious if I am out in case it happens

http://img.tfd.com/mosby/thumbs/50018X-fx5.jpg
    wasnt me lol

Original Poster

phatboy123;4658730

wasnt me lol

I'm not that bad.. yet:p

queenlush;4658536

usually affects pregnant women ...you poor thing

correct - i had it with all mine - lasted 5 weeks the only pills i took were pain killers (and only when the pain in my head was bad) I don't like taking pills and it went away on its own with no help - when i get tired you can see the effect in the way my eyelid starts to droop on the side i had it

Original Poster

sn0ttyang3l;4658939

correct - i had it with all mine - lasted 5 weeks the only pills i took … correct - i had it with all mine - lasted 5 weeks the only pills i took were pain killers (and only when the pain in my head was bad) I don't like taking pills and it went away on its own with no help - when i get tired you can see the effect in the way my eyelid starts to droop on the side i had it

I dont think i'm on any painkillers. I don't have any pains yet.

Been looking on youtube, didn't realize this condition was so common.

t0mm;4659439

I dont think i'm on any painkillers. I don't have any pains yet.

by about the third week you will get pains in your head

t0mm;4658707

I don't drink:p

You're no old enough!

Hope you recover quickly xx

Original Poster

stgeorge;4659626

Been looking on youtube, didn't realize this condition was so common.

Affects roughly 25-35 people per 100,000 in the UK.
    sn0ttyang3l;4659923

by about the third week you will get pains in your head

Uhoh.. I await trauma.
    sadiebabes;4660638

You're no old enough! :pHope you recover quickly xx

Is too.. Almost!

Thank you honey! hope you're okay xx

seriously though - hope everything is ok and try not to dribble on your friends too much xx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044564
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876391
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767413
      4. [Xbox] 6 Months Xbox Live For £14.99 (When Purchasing Selected Games At Ama…36

See more discussions