So I have an arcade favourite and mine will always be...

Editor 104
Found 5th Jan
(bit of a lie, I actually have three).

What's your best memory of playing in the arcades? Mine are...

Wrestlefest

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade

Robocop

There's obviously loads more, and I'm not including the countless 20p' spent in the local video shop on Street Fighter 2
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
33000289-U9tQO.jpg
Segata-Sanshiro48 m ago

A arcade game is one that is developed for the arcade.A console game is …A arcade game is one that is developed for the arcade.A console game is one that is developed for a console.How is that being pedantic? Its a fact thats why people got excited about arcade perfect ports to home systems, the definition matters the two are different.

I'm aware of the point you're making, but you're just trying to earn nerd points by weeing on someone else's memories.

If it's a game you find in an arcade you put coins in, it is an arcade machine.
104 Comments
All of the above.... plus The Simpsons
33000128-7K4AU.jpg
Original Poster Editor
MSK.1 m ago

[Image]

Only a couple of years beforehand, but any interest in...

Star wars and stun runner. Seeing robocop in the arcade was amazing. Mortal kombat and Tekken were cool
Trying out VR in the 90s on old amiga technology was amazing. Outrun, sunset riders, after burner. Lethal enforcers, too many amazing arcade machines out there. I'm just glad mame exists to keep these machines alive
Edited by: "kester76" 5th Jan
33000149-LUPCj.jpg
BuzzDuraband5 m ago

Only a couple of years beforehand, but any interest in...[Video]

I don't think I've ever seen it/played it, unless it's the game where the gun attached to the cabinet is a shotgun?

We didn't have a proper arcade back then. It was more two machines in a corner people used to fight over.

Can never walk past a Time Crisis machine though, used to know the entire thing by heart
Original Poster Editor
MSK.1 m ago

I don't think I've ever seen it/played it, unless it's the game where the …I don't think I've ever seen it/played it, unless it's the game where the gun attached to the cabinet is a shotgun?We didn't have a proper arcade back then. It was more two machines in a corner people used to fight over.Can never walk past a Time Crisis machine though, used to know the entire thing by heart

Time Crisis was (and is a classic) but I only really have recollection of Time Crisis 4 on the PlayStation 3.

Lethal Enforcers was also available on the Sega CD (where I played it the most), if I remember correctly it was just a standard gun, one red and one blue.
Yes wrestlefest. I play it on note8. At least it doesn't cost me a fortune now
BuzzDuraband3 m ago

Time Crisis was (and is a classic) but I only really have recollection of …Time Crisis was (and is a classic) but I only really have recollection of Time Crisis 4 on the PlayStation 3. Lethal Enforcers was also available on the Sega CD (where I played it the most), if I remember correctly it was just a standard gun, one red and one blue.

1 and 2 were my favorites. My local TC3 machine got taken away two years ago I suppose I should be grateful it hung around as long as it did. 4 I've played a bit, but that requires quite a bit of traveling.

Looks like it was probably decent, if I see it ill make the effort to play it.
33000289-U9tQO.jpg
BuzzDuraband24 m ago

Only a couple of years beforehand, but any interest in...[Video]

Hammered that game at the fair as it was 10p for 2 credits but played pretty good for an old cabinet.
I could swear you got those from a banner I made for @geebeegooner
deleted800342
Kung Fu Master

Pac Land

Toki

Super Mario Bros.
Wonder Boy in Monsterland
Always completed on 1 credit, no lives lost, Full Golden Armour and about 4,000 coins I think it was.

33000396-gp7U7.jpg
deleted261453
F.D10 m ago

I could swear you got those from a banner I made for @geebeegooner

I loved that banner tbh
Original Poster Editor
Oneday773 m ago

Wonder Boy in MonsterlandAlways completed on 1 credit, no lives lost, Full …Wonder Boy in MonsterlandAlways completed on 1 credit, no lives lost, Full Golden Armour and about 4,000 coins I think it was. [Image]

Wonder Boy 5: Wonder Boy in Monster World, still my favourite game of all time on the Mega Drive, Struggling really hard to get a UK language version for the Raspberry Pi

Galaga, super Mario, gountlet, street fighter 2
sit down racers, hard drivin, outrun, super hangon,
deleted261453
Ridge racer, dragon dudes vs ninja's, Simpsons, TMNT arcade, superman, Sega virtua soccer V2, rave racer, house of the dead, virtua racing, Daytona USA and outrun.
My youth

Oh and Wrestlefest.
Oh and PacMan, oh and ghost and goblins.........
Edited by: "deleted261453" 5th Jan
Double Dragon, Turtles and Sunset Riders.
33000514-Y8ojt.jpg
1942, 1943, Operation Wolf.
Tbh, I've forgotten more games than I remember.
The first two, don't remember robocop really. The ones I mostly remember are The Simpsons, SFII, MKII, Final fight, Double Dragon, MJ Moonwalker, Chase HQ, Outrun, Afterburner II, Wonderboy.
MSK.1 h, 11 m ago

Someone's all ready for Ready Player One then

Street Fighter II. Not to brag but I could destroy anyone in our local arcade.
Graphics are so pretty in these old games
Edited by: "Cr0m" 5th Jan
Galaga
Wonderboy
Afterburner

Happy days.....
33000816-Lwf48.jpg
Track and Field, Tron
Banned
Shadow Dancer

Aliens

Silent Scope
Original Poster Editor
Graham197942 s ago

Shadow DancerAliensSilent Scope

Oooof. Shadow Dancer. Well if that's not the sexiest answer I've seen tonight...!
33000910-J17L4.jpg
"Hard right ..... Maybe???"
space harrier , flick 2p up the wrong way for credit
Best ever was a sit down motorised Outrun original at Skeggy when they left it on free play, we were in there for ages before they got suspicious (we even pretended to put money in each time!! ).
taiko11 m ago

space harrier , flick 2p up the wrong way for credit

Is that how you used to earn money?
My brother recently sold I-robot sad days, it wouldn't fit in the door or window of the new place so he had to sell it to some mega Atari collector nut who'd been pestering him for years for it, i think he got about 22k for it.
Space Duel

Rip-Off

Both great 2 player games.

Battlezone

Tempest

Sidearms

One reason I liked Sidearms was if you managed to play it through, it went into a suicidal speed up mode to finish you off, where due to the hardware limitations all the sprites jumped around rather than moving smoothly, so as long as you flew directly at your enemy you'd "jump" through each other without colliding, so your 10p would last ages

Also played Haunted House Pinball quite a lot, unfortunately the arcade vandalised the machine by putting rubber flipper bands across to stop you getting on the upper and lower tables, then after I'd figured out how to jump the ball via the surround onto the upper table and got into playing it regularly again, my brother distracted me and the ball rolled down the ramp onto one of the bands and stayed there for many months, despite me asking, so the game couldn't ever be played again as it was short of balls.

I then switched to Krull pinball, which wasn't a great game but was cheap to play, apparently only 10 were ever made:- pinside.com/pin…ull
Edited by: "melted" 6th Jan
Am i really the first with Phoenix?
That noise when you shot them in half.
youtu.be/vT4…109
Edited by: "steveex" 6th Jan
Time crisis and street fighter
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants