so i was in asda today and...

20 replies
Found 9th Nov 2010
this guy was finished his shop and offered the next customer his £40 worth of vouchers after spending £40 instore. the cashier then says to the customer after the guy left "i'm going to have to take those vouchers back as technically you didnt spend £40 to have them!!"
i stepped in as she was going to give them back, its his perogative what he does with them and she didnt have to hand them over, so cashier gets manageress and i'm right!!
boy oh boy did that cashier hate apologising to me.
my question is would you have done the same even though and argued or just handed them over?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
20 Comments

I cannot stand jobsworths, if I had the time I'd probably stick up for the other person like you did.
Good job OP!

Original Poster

tbh the vouchers are prob crap i agree but wtf she had no right to ask for them back, it was the principle

Absolutely.

jellybaby22

tbh I wouldnt have bothered...the vouchers are crap..

I agree

Banned

Shouldn't have bothered, and I bet the other customer was helluva embarrassed.

Cashier sounds like an absolute mental

What a sad cashier, well played for stepping in. My girlfriend used my nectar card and a bonus nectar voucher at sainsburys and was told she was committing fraud - by adding points to my card!!! Pfft

yeh i would have done the same as you & butted my big nose in lol, i mean what has it got to do with the cashier anyway! i always give people my parking ticket if there's plenty of time left on it & in my bus days lol i used to give my day-rider too.. waste not, want not!

Original Poster

vibeone

Shouldn't have bothered, and I bet the other customer was helluva … Shouldn't have bothered, and I bet the other customer was helluva embarrassed.Cashier sounds like an absolute mental

dont think she was she looked to me to back her up, cashier tried to take them off her 4yr old daughter!!

alfie and harrys mum

dont think she was she looked to me to back her up, cashier tried to take … dont think she was she looked to me to back her up, cashier tried to take them off her 4yr old daughter!!

omg really! what does her dad own asda or something lmao if i was that customer i would of wanted more than a apology!

cashier must have been trained by Tesco C S before moving to Asda. Good for OP. Anyone know if that £5 off £100 Asda voucher is being taken by Tesco?

Original Poster

honest she had her hand out ready for the wee one to hand them over!!

DAM!!! I would have said something,
POW, straight in the kisser

I would have done exactly the same as you as the shop assistant was bullying, nothing to do with what was right, just trying to overpower the shopper.

Edited by: "wendyak" 9th Nov 2010

thegroutch

agree that the cashier was a muppet, but stuff that's stated as … agree that the cashier was a muppet, but stuff that's stated as non-transferrable like parking tickets and bus tickets is just plain scamming the system

lol so your telling me that if someone gave you a parking ticket or something you would'nt take it? (_;)

alfie and harrys mum

tbh the vouchers are prob crap i agree but wtf she had no right to ask … tbh the vouchers are prob crap i agree but wtf she had no right to ask for them back, it was the principle

+ 1

I can guarantee you he'll be at your car with the clamp waiting for the … I can guarantee you he'll be at your car with the clamp waiting for the ticket to expire

when are they not? lol so if the parking attendant wasn't looking then you would? lmao

Banned

I always argue the toss if I think I am right.

Well done OP.

sickly sweet

I cannot stand jobsworths, if I had the time I'd probably stick up for … I cannot stand jobsworths, if I had the time I'd probably stick up for the other person like you did.Good job OP!

+1

DLM

I always argue the toss.

Ive amended that one for you DLM! X)

Banned

dh058977

Ive amended that one for you DLM! X)

I am always right
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4495
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769390
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322856
    4. Add one, leave one game54415429
    5. word association Game74244905

See more discussions