So I was walking from the car to the railway station.......

Banned 22 replies
Found 15th Sep 2009

So I was walking from the car to the railway station.......

I'd plugged in my iPhone to listen to some tunes and was about to check my emails when th phone asked me if I wanted to connect to a nearby WiFi network.

Now whilst I understand the need to deter unwanted guests, I was taken aback to the rather abrupt network name.

**** off. And yes it did begin with F.

Should I complain to the local council for abusive language being broadcast?

22 Comments

Oh My God You Should Sue What Is The World Coming Too

absolutely

i think its quite funny

I think you should take legal action on the basis that it violates your human rights.

Logic = if a convicted criminal that is a drug addict can legally acquire money from the government while in prison due to them violating their human rights for stopping them from taking drugs and suffering, then you must have a strong case to get some cash on a similar principle.

I blame democracy.

Original Poster Banned

jamespir;6295760

Oh My God You Should Sue What Is The World Coming Too

How much do you think I'll get in compensation for my offended feelings and shock?

renown;6295764

absolutely

brb..... counting down time until they open.

deadduck_145;6295771

i think its quite funny

Shocking!:p

Original Poster Banned

StevenA2000_uk;6295805

I think you should take legal action on the basis that it violates your … I think you should take legal action on the basis that it violates your human rights. :)Logic = if a convicted criminal that is a drug addict can legally acquire money from the government while in prison due to them violating their human rights for stopping them from taking drugs and suffering, then you must have a strong case to get some cash on a similar principle.

Whoosh!:p

t0mm;6295808

I blame democracy.

I blame lack of decency... and their parents. I dread to think what other network names are being broadcast. I'm guessing quite a few members here probably do the same and send out a dirty message with their WiFi SSid. (Although there would be several that would like to do so, but aren't savvy enough)

guv;6295822

Whoosh!:pI blame lack of decency... and their parents. I dread to think … Whoosh!:pI blame lack of decency... and their parents. I dread to think what other network names are being broadcast. I'm guessing quite a few members here probably do the same and send out a dirty message with their WiFi SSid. (Although there would be several that would like to do so, but aren't savvy enough)

Now I know what to set my SSID to :p. I don't even think I even broadcast mine.

Original Poster Banned

t0mm;6295832

Now I know what to set my SSID to :p. I don't even think I even broadcast … Now I know what to set my SSID to :p. I don't even think I even broadcast mine.

You will always be broadcasting - unless you tell it not to.

Seems a better option would be not to broadcast... rather than telling your neighbours to eff off.

t0mm;6295832

Now I know what to set my SSID to :p. I don't even think I even broadcast … Now I know what to set my SSID to :p. I don't even think I even broadcast mine.

might have to think up something as abusive as possible...oh and broadcast it as well!

Original Poster Banned

awoodhall2003;6295881

might have to think up something as abusive as possible...oh and … might have to think up something as abusive as possible...oh and broadcast it as well!

Shocking.

How unoriginal!:roll:

Next you'll be telling me you use your internet connection to download illegal music and stuff.

Banned

I broadcast my web address

lumoruk;6296001

I broadcast my web address

not on here though.... self promotion, the mods will cut off your jacobs.

Banned

MinstrelMan;6296013

not on here though.... self promotion, the mods will cut off your jacobs.

Had it on my profile before the new changes

guv;6295850

You will always be broadcasting - unless you tell it not to. Seems a … You will always be broadcasting - unless you tell it not to. Seems a better option would be not to broadcast... rather than telling your neighbours to eff off.

Some devices are fussy about SSIDs and can be problematic if the SSID isn't being broadcast for the network hence why the SSID could still be enabled with an unwelcome SSID. Or the person just thought it was funny...

John

i would write to ur MP

guv;6295887

Shocking.How unoriginal!:roll:Next you'll be telling me you use your … Shocking.How unoriginal!:roll:Next you'll be telling me you use your internet connection to download illegal music and stuff.

feel free...i do [SIZE=1](not)[/SIZE] :whistling:

Original Poster Banned

lumoruk;6296036

Had it on my profile before the new changes

What new changes?

Johnmcl7;6296491

Some devices are fussy about SSIDs and can be problematic if the SSID … Some devices are fussy about SSIDs and can be problematic if the SSID isn't being broadcast for the network hence why the SSID could still be enabled with an unwelcome SSID. Or the person just thought it was funny...

Funny? Its all a big joke until someone gets hurt!

SOSAGES;6296549

i would write to ur MP

BRB drafting complaint

awoodhall2003;6296622

feel free...i do [SIZE=1](not)[/SIZE] :whistling:

I do hope you are just playing and aren't one of those knock off Nigels?

SOSAGES;6296549

i would write to ur MP

Yea write to the MP.
They'll probably tell you to F-off and get a life too...

Original Poster Banned

Kermit2004;6297756

Yea write to the MP.They'll probably tell you to F-off and get a life … Yea write to the MP.They'll probably tell you to F-off and get a life too...

You must live in a bad area with a bad MP?

I've done something like this before, I created numerous access points (10+) using one little router just to see how it would look on say, my laptop sitting next to it. Can get a decent little message across.

Original Poster Banned

abomination;6297818

I've done something like this before, I created numerous access points … I've done something like this before, I created numerous access points (10+) using one little router just to see how it would look on say, my laptop sitting next to it. Can get a decent little message across.

LOL....... Now why am I not surprised!!! :p:roll:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet35109
    2. Premium baked beans just 99p for 4 cans from ALDI!1833
    3. Boredom1519
    4. Trying to create a list of short modern video games. Any suggestions?918

See more discussions