Groups

So im thinking about getting an iphone...

What do i need to know?

Whats all this about jail braking?

Hows it done, can it be detected?

Any info on anything regarding the iphone would be great,

14 Comments

Original Poster

no one can advise me at all?

What do i need to know? - [url]www.apple.com[/url]

Whats all this about jail braking? - dev team blog

Hows it done, can it be detected? - dev team blog, no.

Original Poster

chester123;6350478

What do i need to know? - [url]www.apple.com[/url]Whats all this about … What do i need to know? - [url]www.apple.com[/url]Whats all this about jail braking? - dev team blogHows it done, can it be detected? - dev team blog, no.

Thanks for the info, so are all the new iphone 3gs 3.1 firmware and at present cannot be jail broken?

Wouldn't bother. Would look at other phones, such a waste of money now.

Original Poster

Adam2050;6350680

Wouldn't bother. Would look at other phones, such a waste of money now.

Like what phones?

maybe get the nokia N97 i hear thats good.....

One of the HTC phones.

Not that well versed on them yet.

But the iphone is just poor in comparision imo. I wouldn't buy the upgrade due the contract changes nor could I merit it.

My 3g is slow a lot of the time, battery life is poor.

htc.com/uk/

i have an e71 and an ipod touch, the ipod touch is great, and the e71 is a smart little phone with great battery life etc etc

Original Poster

Adam2050;6350754

One of the HTC phones.Not that well versed on them yet.But the iphone is … One of the HTC phones.Not that well versed on them yet.But the iphone is just poor in comparision imo. I wouldn't buy the upgrade due the contract changes nor could I merit it.My 3g is slow a lot of the time, battery life is poor.http://www.htc.com/uk/

I've got to admit that I did actually look into the HTC phones due to my friend owning one, however i was not massively impressed.

was the 3g battery life poor to start with? Approx how long does it last?

lastlaststar;6350803

I've got to admit that I did actually look into the HTC phones due to my … I've got to admit that I did actually look into the HTC phones due to my friend owning one, however i was not massively impressed. was the 3g battery life poor to start with? Approx how long does it last?

With wireless of without use about 2 days stretched.

Moderate use with wireless on. Roughly a little more then a day. Most people like me just dock them everytime there at there pc.

Adam2050;6350846

Moderate use with wireless on. Roughly a little more then a day. Most … Moderate use with wireless on. Roughly a little more then a day. Most people like me just dock them everytime there at there pc.

Would agree with that - my 3G is always on charge - lucky to see a whole day and if i use it a lot its even worse. Apps are great and thats what makes the phone good inmho but battery life is terrible and it can be sooooooooooooo slow sometimes - i believe these are 2 things which are improved in the 3gs

Original Poster

how do you mean slow? i thought it was mean to be faster for load times?

lastlaststar;6350915

how do you mean slow? i thought it was mean to be faster for load times?

Its faster at loading pages yes but the processor on the thing isn't that good and sometimes lags. Mine is always being rebooted.

The 3GS battery life isn't much better, some of my friends have it. But the contract plus phone looking at over a grand nearly.

Such as waste of money.

Tobes19;6350750

maybe get the nokia N97 i hear thats good.....

Just got rid of one after 3 days of having it. Too heavy and not a good alternative in my eyes.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?32184
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1734
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846238
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2437

See more discussions