So I'm waiting for a parcel delivery from China...........

Found 16th Mar 2012
I bought a few items from a couple of ebay geezers from China a couple of weeks ago. Surprisingly, one of them came with a tracker using this site:

sendfromchina.com/

Now, this tracker says:

Ready for delivery, 14/03/2012 14:42:01, Kent, United Kingdom
Arrived local post office, 12/03/2012 16:04:41, Kent, United Kingdom
Arrived regional post office, 10/03/2012 14:42:01, United Kingdom

It also say the "Shipping Service: CNAM "

I dont think its gone via Royal Mail oe Parcel Force though (despite it saying "post office") Certainly I phoned them and they said they didnt know anything about the tracker that was being updated.... which kind makes sence, so saying its at the "Kent Post office" is clearly wrong.

Anyone bought something from ebay that used this tracking system? Did it arrive via a courier or royal mail / parcel force?
Community Updates
MiscParcel Service
25 Comments
Usually Royal Mail.
iTZzDaGr33K

Usually Royal Mail.

But how is it being tracked? Royal Mail have zero knowledge of these numbers or any external tracking apart from their one. (At least thats what theyve said!)
I find it strange that the ready for delivery time and arrived at regional post office time is identical (bar a 4 day gap) - identical to the second..

Ready for delivery, 14/03/2012 14:42:01, Kent, United Kingdom
Arrived regional post office, 10/03/2012 14:42:01, United Kingdom
winifer

I find it strange that the ready for delivery time and arrived at … I find it strange that the ready for delivery time and arrived at regional post office time is identical (bar a 4 day gap) - identical to the second..Ready for delivery, 14/03/2012 14:42:01, Kent, United KingdomArrived regional post office, 10/03/2012 14:42:01, United Kingdom

I hadnt spotted that.

Hope this isnt a ruse! X)

Ive just pinged that off as a question to the ebay seller!

Edited by: "guv" 16th Mar 2012
mumbojumbo

Sendfromchina is a broker like Parcelmonkey or Parcel2go. CNAM is China … Sendfromchina is a broker like Parcelmonkey or Parcel2go. CNAM is China Post.

Ta.... It does actually say on the site they do use Royal mail (so the post office reference makes sense) however no one knows anything about this tracking system or who updates it.
mumbojumbo

Do you have a China Post tracking no?

yes.... Thats where the details came from. But it starts off with 4 letters - and royal mail and parcel force say thats nothing they can track. And if they cant track it reaching its destination - who can?
mumbojumbo

Both Royal Mail and Parcelforce have tracking for Incoming International … Both Royal Mail and Parcelforce have tracking for Incoming International parcels?Probably need to change the format of the tracking number?

They seem to be clueless! The site mentioned generates 2 other reference numbers - but neither of those seem to be understood by them.

guv I wouldn't try buying those blue pills off ebay and especially from a seller in china.
2sly

guv I wouldn't try buying those blue pills off ebay and especially from a … guv I wouldn't try buying those blue pills off ebay and especially from a seller in china.

Cool... when I need to get some one day, I'll give you a shout for your recommendations.
guv

Cool... when I need to get some one day, I'll give you a shout for your … Cool... when I need to get some one day, I'll give you a shout for your recommendations.

TOUCHÉ
I have the same problem... Did you get your items in the end?

This is my tracking:

Ready for delivery,Mar 14, 2012 3:56:25 PM,ON, Canada
Arrived local post office,Mar 12, 2012 5:19:05 PM,ON, Canada
Arrived regional post office,Mar 10, 2012 3:56:25 PM,Canada
Prepare for custom clearance,Mar 8, 2012 5:36:25 PM,Canada
Arrived Canada,Mar 7, 2012 1:45:51 PM,Canada
Prepare for flight to destination country,Mar 4, 2012 4:17:35 PM,China
Departured from SFC warehouse,Mar 3, 2012 11:22:54 AM,Shenzhen
China customs cleared,Mar 3, 2012 10:23:54 AM,Shenzhen, China
Parcel arrived SFC warehouse,Mar 3, 2012 12:17:37 AM,Shenzhen
Hi yes I have the same problem as you guv and iWANTmyPACKAGE . I ordered something from Ebay and they gave me a tracking number which I have been following. It is identical to yours. I rang my post office and they have no record and have no idea where it would be. I just hope we have not ordered off the same person and this is just a scam. Please let me know if you ever get your parcel and I will do the same. I wont be holding my breath though. I will give them a few more days then contact paypal and open up a dispute.

Ready for delivery,Mar 20, 2012 2:00:12 PM,Victoria, Australia

Arrived local post office,Mar 18, 2012 3:22:52 PM,Victoria, Australia

Arrived regional post office,Mar 16, 2012 2:00:12 PM,Australia

Prepare for custom clearance,Mar 14, 2012 3:40:12 PM,Australia

Arrived Australia,Mar 13, 2012 11:49:38 AM,Australia

Prepare for flight to destination country,Mar 10, 2012 2:21:22 PM,China

China customs cleared,Mar 9, 2012 10:47:38 AM,Shenzhen, China

Departured from SFC warehouse,Mar 9, 2012 7:14:51 AM,Shenzhen

Parcel arrived SFC warehouse,Mar 9, 2012 12:51:42 AM,Shenzhen
mumbojumbo

Oh dear, those duplicated times at the end of the journey do look … Oh dear, those duplicated times at the end of the journey do look suspect. Brace yourselves for a Paypal dispute and make it clear that the provided tracking doesn't work.

I'm still waiting on one item (that wasn't "tracked"), but amazingly the one I posted about here arrived on Saturday. (hurrah!)

But....... I had enquired after being told by the sorting office "it's probably upstairs with hundreds of others... It'll get delivered at the weekend by someone on overtime". I guy I spoke to in the PO complaints escalation dept wasn't impressed with that reply. He kept chasing for a response. I was eventually called on Friday at 5pm to say he'd just spoken with the manager and had personally checked all packages and could 100% conform there was nothing there for me. What a shocker that an item I told them was there on the Monday should arrive on my doorstep 15 hours after he'd done this "search".

I don't think however you can trust this tracking at all. Those duplicate times are a bit of a giveaway and royal mail confirmed they are meaningless to them.

Just bloody annoying the item I really really want hasn't turned up.
Hi I sent off an email to the company that displays the tracking number and to the person I bought it off as well. Some interesting news is that from the actual company they said it is only for them and it is only a estimate and not a real tracking number and went as far to say that they should not even display it because it could confuse people. Then the person that I bought my item off said that the number was only for their purposes and my post office would have no idea what I was talking about. Well now I feel a bit silly for trying to find it with this number. Both have assured me my item was posted and to be patient. So in conclusion guys if you get anything like I posted above it is only a estimated time that their computer puts out and not an actual tracking number. I hope that helps anyone that is starting to worry about where their article is.
Edited by: "melk1968" 22nd Mar 2012
Gotta laugh at the OP's paranoid tag X)

Keep it up it's hilarious to watch...............hang on - forget the keep it up bit, we all know you can't X)
transit

Gotta laugh at the OP's paranoid tag X)Keep it up it's hilarious to … Gotta laugh at the OP's paranoid tag X)Keep it up it's hilarious to watch...............hang on - forget the keep it up bit, we all know you can't X)

Wow.... how did you know I was referring to you? .... Oh wait!
guv

Wow.... how did you know I was referring to you? .... Oh wait!

Now thats the response which has just made me laugh out very loudly (seriously). X) X)
I got my items today...

I guess it's just the feeling of anticipation that the false tracking gives, which **** me off.

I've purchased items from China and Singapore in the past and it took typically 4 full weeks for the items to reach my doorstep. I guess next time, I'll just forget about the delivery until 4 weeks later.
iWANTmyPACKAGE_2

I got my items today...I guess it's just the feeling of anticipation that … I got my items today...I guess it's just the feeling of anticipation that the false tracking gives, which **** me off.I've purchased items from China and Singapore in the past and it took typically 4 full weeks for the items to reach my doorstep. I guess next time, I'll just forget about the delivery until 4 weeks later.

Still waiting for my non tracked item.... And have 3 others in transit. (Probably something Transit is used to!)
Boo I got an infraction for tab abuse that may cause offence. I think the mods are slightly out of touch with the running banter in here...
master_chief

Boo I got an infraction for tab abuse that may cause offence. I think the … Boo I got an infraction for tab abuse that may cause offence. I think the mods are slightly out of touch with the running banter in here...

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s308/harlzter/Fur-Real-Lulu-My-Cuddlin-Kitty.jpghttp://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s308/harlzter/frikipix_question_mark_cat.jpg
master_chief

Boo I got an infraction for tab abuse that may cause offence. I think the … Boo I got an infraction for tab abuse that may cause offence. I think the mods are slightly out of touch with the running banter in here...

It looks like you didnt take heed!

Tagging, stalking, baiting.... tut tut tut! X)

Hurrah..... my timer finally arrived today! So only some CCTV baluns outstanding now.
guv

It looks like you didnt take heed! :DTagging, stalking, baiting.... tut … It looks like you didnt take heed! :DTagging, stalking, baiting.... tut tut tut! X)Hurrah..... my timer finally arrived today! So only some CCTV baluns outstanding now.

lol you missed out making multis X)
casparwhite

lol you missed out making multis X)

Was here4deals MC? Just spotted them. Naughty MC, naughty!
An interesting discussion and winifer noting that the 2 points have identical times - so, here is mine:
Ready for delivery, 28/03/2012 15:57:59, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Arrived local post office, 26/03/2012 17:20:39, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Arrived regional post office, 24/03/2012 15:57:59, United Kingdom

Snap! Here it is again. And, of course, the local PO cannot find it - yet.
Thanks melk1968 for your info - it seems that this whole tracking service is a fake!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants