So it's almost christmas.......

Christmas is around the corner so i thought i'd start a feel good thread! Christmas is a time to crack out the ol' boardgames and have some family fun.... What were your favourites? And what are the worst/best presents you have received over the years? Merry christmas guys!

16 Comments

Can't beat good old Ludo

Shoot the Mother in law.

Original Poster

We played a game called RUMMIKUB at a friends house recently and ordered one for ourselves. Its a number based game based on the rules of the rummy card game. Simple rules, so easy to get going, but fiendishly difficult to get good at, due to the number of ways of playing your hand.

airbus330

We played a game called RUMMIKUB at a friends house recently and ordered … We played a game called RUMMIKUB at a friends house recently and ordered one for ourselves. Its a number based game based on the rules of the rummy card game. Simple rules, so easy to get going, but fiendishly difficult to get good at, due to the number of ways of playing your hand.

​You can also get a version using letters rather than numbers.

airbus330

We played a game called RUMMIKUB at a friends house recently and ordered … We played a game called RUMMIKUB at a friends house recently and ordered one for ourselves. Its a number based game based on the rules of the rummy card game. Simple rules, so easy to get going, but fiendishly difficult to get good at, due to the number of ways of playing your hand.

Yawn!

Call of duty black ops online split screen.

Good times.

Best present. Getting a bike when I was young. Worst.. In 2007 my gifts. Wallet. Ties. Socks ect I put in carrier bag. Wife threw it out by mistake.. Nightmare. Best to look forward to is Turkey, chips, peas, onion rings on boxing day. Plus Christmas is over. Wahoo! Worst is having to deal with family members with personality disorders over the period.

mintcondition

Yawn!

LoL, plenty of games out there which require no grey matter! Kerplunk maybe?

I like Fustration, the original pop o matic one, not this new fangled one with dice flicking switch

airbus330

we also like rummikub, though it gets a bit tedious with hubby playing moving all the numbers round in the hope of getting out and then forgetting where they went to begin with!

Original Poster

I used to love my megadrive I had for Christmas one year.... think my worst present was my nana buying me oranges

Can't beat Jenga as a party game.

The worst present I've ever had was a pack of Lynx smellies a few years ago, I've no desire to smell like a 17 year old.

Best present ever, either one of these blingy bad boys I had when I was 7:
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t216/havncouk/bikes/Picture-001.jpg

Or one of these I had when I was 14:
http://oldcomputers.net/pics/amiga500.jpg

Edited by: "spoo" 5th Dec 2016

Original Poster

Haha! I remember one year i had one of those tiger handheld systems.... used to play batman on it.... had so much fun with that thing.... the year after i got my megadrive and played sonic..... I remember someone buying me underwear for christmas..... as a main gift.... not that im not grateful, there is always a need for necessities but for christmas? :O

Original Poster

hellyl

I like Fustration, the original pop o matic one, not this new fangled one … I like Fustration, the original pop o matic one, not this new fangled one with dice flicking switch

I used to love that game too! The whack youd have to give it when the popper stopped working haha!

hellyl

we also like rummikub, though it gets a bit tedious with hubby playing … we also like rummikub, though it gets a bit tedious with hubby playing moving all the numbers round in the hope of getting out and then forgetting where they went to begin with!

Quite funny watching their faces when they can't remember the sequence that they had cleverly worked out in the head go horribly wrong!
There is a 3 tile penalty if you don't complete the turn.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win £1000 @ Capital FM1919
    2. Win £50,000 with ITV7 (Closes 2:25pm Saturday 09/09)22
    3. Samsung Galaxy Note 8 International Giveaway!77
    4. win a hamper - orbit homes - kent commuter mag99

See more discussions