Groups

So I've been asked to give a 'talk' at my old school.

Banned
    Anyone ever done anything like this? It's part of a careers day for the sixth form in the first week back.

Still haven't confirmed as not sure what to say....

45 Comments

What is the talk about?

Banned

Yikes .. lets hope the kids realise what they are letting themselves in for .. take the day off kids

Banana79;6172376

What is the talk about?

internet trolling

I wouldnt be asked to do this...

Used to finish all my work in ten seconds flat and get bored and need summin to do so I'd chat to others....

and they never got their work done :s

Banned

boothy;6172382

internet trolling

hahahah quality :thumbsup:

Banned

boothy;6172382

internet trolling

:thinking:

you realise you're doing it too?

I'd love to see you spout your thoughts on piracy towards the 6th forumers.

Tell them about your job, the qualifications you needed to get into it, what you enjoy about the job etc etc

What do you do btw?

Original Poster Banned

Banana79;6172376

What is the talk about?

Career paths after A-levels. There's a few people been invited.

So I've got to give it the big inspirational speech about how I got to be so great:oops:

or something like that.

Supermod

One of my old high school teachers has asked me to give a talk in a weekly assembly. Just to go through what I have achieved since leaving school. Most of my school friends are struggling to hold down jobs or they are not in employment. Not blowing my own trumpet but I guess they consider me to be a role model and a great example to people who are in my position about 8/9 years ago...

It will be the first time I have gone back to my old school. I am really excited.

ODB_69;6172408

:thinking:you realise you're doing it too?

oh the irony.... if only there was two brain cells to rub together sometimesssssss

Banned

ClarityofMind;6172418

oh the irony.... if only there was two brain cells to rub together … oh the irony.... if only there was two brain cells to rub together sometimesssssss

amazing how most accusing others of doing it are worse than the people they are moaning about! :w00t:

FilthAndFurry;6172415

Career paths after A-levels. There's a few people been invited.So I've … Career paths after A-levels. There's a few people been invited.So I've got to give it the big inspirational speech about how I got to be so great:oops: or something like that.

sounds good.

just give a personal account...

these teachers were supportive...

these subjects were particularly helpful

additional ways of being involved in the school...

yada yada

and good luck xx

Banned

ClarityofMind;6172434

sounds good. just give a personal account...these teachers were … sounds good. just give a personal account...these teachers were supportive...these subjects were particularly helpfuladditional ways of being involved in the school...yada yada and good luck xx

[SIZE="4"]can you feel the love [/SIZE]

ClarityofMind;6172418

oh the irony.... if only there was two brain cells to rub together … oh the irony.... if only there was two brain cells to rub together sometimesssssss

whats wrong not given enough fake sympathy out tonight?

it will be ok hun xxxxxx

ODB_69;6172432

amazing how most accusing others of doing it are worse than the people … amazing how most accusing others of doing it are worse than the people they are moaning about! :w00t:

+1 :-D

boothy;6172442

whats wrong not given enough fake sympathy out tonight?

rude, unhelpful and totally unwarranted comment.

congratulations.

bottom of the class.

sense of own self importance that low you need to attack others on an internet shopping site?

Sad.

Original Poster Banned

magicjay1986;6172416

One of my old high school teachers has asked me to give a talk in a … One of my old high school teachers has asked me to give a talk in a weekly assembly. Just to go through what I have achieved since leaving school. Most of my school friends are struggling to hold down jobs or they are not in employment. Not blowing my own trumpet but I guess they consider me to be a role model and a great example to people who are in my position about 8/9 years ago...It will be the first time I have gone back to my old school. I am really excited.

Cool. I'm not sure how honest to be.

My uni days were more about the partying than the study and I managed to hit a few pieces of luck along the way.

Not sure I can give them the 'straight edge' talk with a straight face.:?

Supermod

boothy;6172442

whats wrong not given enough fake sympathy out tonight?it will be ok hun … whats wrong not given enough fake sympathy out tonight?it will be ok hun xxxxxx

Any need for this? :thinking: If you have nothing of use to add to this thread why post?

ClarityofMind;6172460

rude, unhelpful and totally unwarranted comment. congratulations. bottom … rude, unhelpful and totally unwarranted comment. congratulations. bottom of the class.sense of own self importance that low you need to attack others on an internet shopping site? Sad.

thanks repped:thumbsup::thumbsup:

magicjay1986;6172464

Any need for this? :thinking: If you have nothing of use to add to this … Any need for this? :thinking: If you have nothing of use to add to this thread why post?

+1

Banned

ClarityofMind;6172460

rude, unhelpful and totally unwarranted comment. congratulations. bottom … rude, unhelpful and totally unwarranted comment. congratulations. bottom of the class.sense of own self importance that low you need to attack others on an internet shopping site? Sad.

he speaks the truth though ,, some of your post are about as useful as an ash tray on a motorbike..
    HTH hunnie

Original Poster Banned

ClarityofMind;6172434

sounds good. just give a personal account...these teachers were … sounds good. just give a personal account...these teachers were supportive...these subjects were particularly helpfuladditional ways of being involved in the school...yada yada and good luck xx

These teachers sucked....perhaps not:)

Part of me wonders if my english teacher is still mildly attractive....or maybe the paucity of attractive teachers has made me remember her slightly less hagged than she was.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd316/bitseylango/sma0025l.jpg

Supermod

FilthAndFurry;6172463

Cool. I'm not sure how honest to be. My uni days were more about the … Cool. I'm not sure how honest to be. My uni days were more about the partying than the study and I managed to hit a few pieces of luck along the way.Not sure I can give them the 'straight edge' talk with a straight face.:?

Well...I guess you need to be honest to a degree but know what to say to keep the onlooking lecturers happy. Maybe let them know how important it is to be educated and give yourself a headstart in life but also make them aware that the life of a uni student is pretty fun!

Slightly off topic...it really makes me laugh how so many people go to uni to study and do not actually know what they want to be when they leave and need to look for a job!

Public speaking.....its very easy....

deal with the nerves first.....

you;ve already got your subject for discussion and you know your audience...

interpolate the rest....fill it will meaningful drivil...pad it out with odd pause here and there and side gimmick,.....

most of all make it convincing.....

Job done, dusted and goodnight Vienna....

come on FnF....I thought you more than anyone would be able to deal with this without issue...:roll:

They won't care what you have to say anyway...so the content doesn't have to be great, just move your mouth to fill up the time.

Original Poster Banned

fireheaven;6172413

Tell them about your job, the qualifications you needed to get into it, … Tell them about your job, the qualifications you needed to get into it, what you enjoy about the job etc etcWhat do you do btw?

I'm a freelance writer although it kinda came together by accident. I don't know if they'll want me to be that honest about how I spent most of my final year at school.:oops:

Banned

magicjay1986;6172464

Any need for this? :thinking: If you have nothing of use to add to this … Any need for this? :thinking: If you have nothing of use to add to this thread why post?

Any need for this? :thinking: If you have nothing of use to add to this thread why post?:-D

FilthAndFurry;6172484

These teachers sucked....perhaps not:)Part of me wonders if my english … These teachers sucked....perhaps not:)Part of me wonders if my english teacher is still mildly attractive....or maybe the paucity of attractive teachers has made me remember her slightly less hagged than she was.

Be interesting to go back and judge as an adult lol!

Good luck hun, I think it'd be fun xx

Supermod

scotland88;6172471

+1

Evening squire.

Supermod

dog_cop;6172508

Any need for this? :thinking: If you have nothing of use to add to this … Any need for this? :thinking: If you have nothing of use to add to this thread why post?:-D

Any need for this? :thinking: If you have nothing of use to add to this thread why post? :whistling:

Original Poster Banned

magicjay1986;6172500

Well...I guess you need to be honest to a degree but know what to say to … Well...I guess you need to be honest to a degree but know what to say to keep the onlooking lecturers happy. Maybe let them know how important it is to be educated and give yourself a headstart in life but also make them aware that the life of a uni student is pretty fun! Slightly off topic...it really makes me laugh how so many people go to uni to study and do not actually know what they want to be when they leave and need to look for a job!

So true. I've come to the conclusion that the best thing you can do at uni is actually work out who you are and what it is that you're interested in. Then start studying it in your free time.:thumbsup:

Banned

magicjay1986;6172516

Any need for this? :thinking: If you have nothing of use to add to this … Any need for this? :thinking: If you have nothing of use to add to this thread why post? :whistling:

Any need for this? :thinking: If you have nothing of use to add to this thread why post? :whistling

magicjay1986;6172464

dog_cop;6172508

Any need for this? :thinking: If you have nothing of use to add to this … Any need for this? :thinking: If you have nothing of use to add to this thread why post?:-D

magicjay1986;6172516

Any need for this? :thinking: If you have nothing of use to add to this … Any need for this? :thinking: If you have nothing of use to add to this thread why post? :whistling:

Any need for this? If you have nothing of use to add to this thread why post?

magicjay1986;6172512

Evening squire.

well hallooooo sir:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

dog_cop;6172529

Any need for this? :thinking: If you have nothing of use to add to this … Any need for this? :thinking: If you have nothing of use to add to this thread why post? :whistling

boothy;6172532

Any need for this? If you have nothing of use to add to this thread why … Any need for this? If you have nothing of use to add to this thread why post?

Can you two please confine your 'input' to the other thread please?

Although, your input on this subject would be interesting.

Thanks;-)

Supermod

FilthAndFurry;6172525

So true. I've come to the conclusion that the best thing you can do at … So true. I've come to the conclusion that the best thing you can do at uni is actually work out who you are and what it is that you're interested in. Then start studying it in your free time.:thumbsup:

Best advice you can give!!

My friend now works in Strada...£18,000 in the red and on about £5.73 an hour...

magicjay1986;6172566

Best advice you can give!! My friend now works in Strada...£18,000 in the … Best advice you can give!! My friend now works in Strada...£18,000 in the red and on about £5.73 an hour...

minimum wage and all the debts of uni!

Surely you need to talk about your experience since leaving school, different responsibilities etc
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What will £250 get me second hand mobile66
      2. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother78
      3. Info on Browns Family Jewellers34
      4. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?77

See more discussions