So many Laptop deals, what to go for ... £500

Posted 18th Dec 2019
Sure I'm not alone in wanting to bite at a deal, but unsure what's the better deal. I understand people would have different uses, and budgets, and that might make a Laptop better for someone, but not so much for someone else. Myself, I'm after something light, decent 13 odd inch screen, i5 up, 8GB, 256GB, preferably 2-in-1 but not a deal maker/breaker, it'll be strictly for office type use, media watching, and no gaming, all for +- £500. If any in the know, or that have done some homework in the intent of buying something similar, please share. Also, if your needs are different, post here :).
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
hotukdeals.com/dea…205

Here you go. I saw your comment in the other person's thread about sitting on the fence. There's your problem. Get off t' fence and pick one! Hehe. If you do a search for "Laptop" and check out the deals there's loads of em! All will do what you need (as you don't need something for heavy gaming) so as long as it meets your spec, what's the issue? What's the one (or more) things that are holding you back?
Trying to get off the bloody fence. Did the Laptop search and read many a Thread, it's suggestions that it's either the wrong CPU, or the screen's not what it should be for the price range, the memory's either not 8GB or not upgrade-able, etc. etc. just not found the all-perfect at anything 400 to 600, that Viglent Laptop seemed the go-to but too many issues.
M.B.L.18/12/2019 16:14

Trying to get off the bloody fence. Did the Laptop search and read … Trying to get off the bloody fence. Did the Laptop search and read many a Thread, it's suggestions that it's either the wrong CPU, or the screen's not what it should be for the price range, the memory's either not 8GB or not upgrade-able, etc. etc. just not found the all-perfect at anything 400 to 600, that Viglent Laptop seemed the go-to but too many issues.

You will ALWAYS get that though. Those are the "pitfalls" to opinion. As long as it covers the bases YOU want covered, then settle. Be safe in the knowledge that whatever you buy, there will be a better, cheaper one soon after! It's almost guaranteed.

The one I linked to, and subsequently I saw you've seen, and commented on - great little machine but obviously there are those who don't like the screen. It's a 14" laptop. 720p will be fine for most. This is the same argument when people want a small TV but full HD!

Are you only interested in brand new, or would you consider a refurb to try and get more bang for buck?
New, and I hear you, was so close to getting that Viglent, nothing's come close for the money since it's been posted, but concerns with it arriving with a wonky screen or something else, and no support as such, stopped me :/.
M.B.L.18/12/2019 16:32

New, and I hear you, was so close to getting that Viglent, nothing's come …New, and I hear you, was so close to getting that Viglent, nothing's come close for the money since it's been posted, but concerns with it arriving with a wonky screen or something else, and no support as such, stopped me :/.

start here
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

use the filters to narrow down a few choices that match your budget, business needs. Go to currys and see them and then armed with the info search the net for cheaper or the same spec and cheaper.

best i can get for your budget is an i3 2-in-1
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml
Edited by: "tardytortoise" 18th Dec 2019
tardytortoise18/12/2019 16:42

start …start herehttps://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/315_3226_30328_xx_xx/xx-criteria.htmluse the filters to narrow down a few choices that match your budget, business needs. Go to currys and see them and then armed with the info search the net for cheaper or the same spec and cheaper.

Spot on TT. Couldn't have said it better.
The thing is when you search through threads with people looking for laptops within a certain budget is that there will always be a compromise on something.

You've just got to look at what you want to use yours for and how much that compromise will affect you.
Thanks for your input guys, went with the Viglen in the end, now to play the waiting game :), at least not sat on some fence.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions