Groups

So my future lunches are gonna get spat in.....

Got a right bee in my bonnet at the moment becuase I've just been to the canteen and got beans and cheese on a jacket potato, whats wrong with that you may ask, well.

Who the hell puts the beans on first? I tell you who, the horrible school dinner lady-esque woman behind the counter..... well thats just a coulanary disatser right there, the beans are hot the grated cheese is cold. You would expect that the cheese is placed first with the beans on top, allowing the beans to cool and the cheese to warm and melt, not only has she just buggered up my lunch but its impractical.

If you have a mound full of cheese the bottom layer starts to melt so when you try to scoop some cheese off the top with your cheap and nasty plastic fork it encounters more resistance and often leads to flicking of the cheese.

And to top it all off when I ask for it to be made the other way round I get "tutted" at and she slams my new potato around......

Am I right?

44 Comments

Beans should be first.

Sorry, you're wrong.

well yes, but mix it up quick and the cheese will still melt

brb, going to find my tena lady! You do make me pee MM

Daughter says that there must be cheese below AND above the beans. Thats how she makes it.

Original Poster

[email protected];5387434

Beans should be first.Sorry, you're wrong.

when answering please show your working out :thumbsup:

Banned

The first 4 google results

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_chZwWloafuY/SOjObGa6S6I/AAAAAAAAAss/IT2wDaqpQ1k/s400/CIMG1645.JPG
    http://www.runamokka.co.uk/images/potato.jpg
    http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/5645872/2/istockphoto_5645872-jacket-potato-with-baked-beans-and-cheese.jpg
    http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1228345/2/istockphoto_1228345-jacket-potato-grated-cheddar-cheese-baked-beans.jpg

Original Poster

michelleleemoo;5387461

brb, going to find my tena lady! You do make me pee MM

I find the fact you have your own designated tena lady disturbing....... also the fact I know what tena is also disturbing :whistling:

Banned

i put beans first, then cheese, then brown sauce

cheese first followed by beans!!!!

But its best when you mix it all up and make it like mash cheese/beans/potato :)...yum yum

Beans should be first.

I agree, i then spead the cheese over the top

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;5387499

The first 4 google results

those are staged photos........ the big macs look **** all like they do on the picture, they've used tog's license to show that there is both cheese and beans on potato...... that is not nessacerily right

sassie;5387505

I put beans first then cheese, but i havent tried it with Brown sauce! thats sounds nice. I know what is for dinner for me tonight :thumbsup:

Ah! Beans an' cheese jacket.

A pinnacle of culinary excellence!

Along with jam sponge and pink custard!

MinstrelMan;5387482

when answering please show your working out :thumbsup:

[FONT="Courier New"]Cheese[/FONT]
    [FONT="Courier New"]------ = The Proper Way[/FONT]
    [FONT="Courier New"] Beans[/FONT]

For me it's got to be HOT Beans first.

Then lots of yummy cheese.

If the beans are not hot the cheese won't be satisfying enough.. but if the cheese is underneath I barely notice the flavour.

i wish i handt bought my lunch already!

ur reasoning is sound MM.

next time u see her spit in her face to get back for the phlegm that will be swimming in ur beans

Original Poster

ok so I'm in the minority........

AINT NONE OF YOU EVER MAKE IT ON MASTERCHEF! :lol:

sassie;5387505

I put brown sauce on my toast before the cheese for cheese on toast, yum :-D

MinstrelMan;5387626

ok so I'm in the minority........AINT NONE OF YOU EVER MAKE IT ON … ok so I'm in the minority........AINT NONE OF YOU EVER MAKE IT ON MASTERCHEF! :lol:

never made it i like them separate if i ever do!!! but i do agree with u :thumbsup:

Original Poster

magicbeans;5387612

ur reasoning is sound MM.next time u see her spit in her face to get back … ur reasoning is sound MM.next time u see her spit in her face to get back for the phlegm that will be swimming in ur beans

:w00t: i lolld..... a lot

MinstrelMan;5387639

:w00t: i lolld..... a lot

not as much as the canteen staff will be!!!!

I'm with you Minstrel, I always have my cheese first then beans. I like my cheese melted ....mmmm

beans first and if theyre hot enough the cheese will melt over them,yum

It HAS to be the cheese first, it's like the law, the it goes all gooey and stringy, and you end up with cheese all down your chin!!

Beans should be first.Sorry, you're wrong.

Agreed.

Ok - hot beans melt the cheese and it's not hidden. You know exactly what it is to portion the correct amount of cheese/beans/potato.

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]This is serious business![/COLOR][/SIZE]

I am also particularly fussy about my Yorkshire Puddings.

When I go into a restaurant - I insist on them being served on the side! Without any gravy on them.

Beans first, the combined heat from the beans and potato will rise and melt the cheese. Cheese first is just wierd.....

lol @ your tag.

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5388403

lol @ your tag.

repped for being the first one to spot it

Banned

maybe it just depends where your from to how you have it - lol

Original Poster

sassie;5388591

maybe it just depends where your from to how you have it - lol

oh like how weirdo's down south dont have meat and potatoe pies.

Banned

MinstrelMan;5388716

dont they - lol

MinstrelMan;5388716

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!

Us down south call them Cornish Pasties!

Original Poster

Butterflies;5388741

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!Us down south call them Cornish Pasties!

its not the same....... they pastry is just all wrong!

you guys have pukka pies, which are just plain pants! pies should not be made with puff pastry as half of it is air and therfore deceiving!

MinstrelMan;5388814

its not the same....... they pastry is just all wrong!you guys have pukka … its not the same....... they pastry is just all wrong!you guys have pukka pies, which are just plain pants! pies should not be made with puff pastry as half of it is air and therfore deceiving!

A true cornish pasty is made with dense folded pastry.

I am having a giggle to myself here I am not even from down south really and I don't eat pies that often -

Did you eat all the pies?

Banned

Butterflies;5388937

Did you eat all the pies?

no, im just a fat fluffer :oops:

MM, i did giggle at this on your FB, it made my afternoon.

MinstrelMan;5387482

the horrible school dinner lady-esque woman :

stereotyping..........reported :x

and its beans first then cheese
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?29130
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1422
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764196
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846160

See more discussions