So the Mrs failed the driving test again!

Found 16th Oct 2013
My dear wife failed her driving test again (4th attempt!) :o(

She is not a bad driver, just gets very nervous at the exam !

So I have decided to bite the bullet and get her a car so that she can get some confidence driving before the next attempt. Driving classes at £22 an hour is becoming too much!

Any suggestions for a good cheap small car that would not cost a fortune to insure for a provisional license holder?

56 Comments

Banned

I just saw a woman getting into a car the wrong way.

Through the driver's door.

Banned

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1468460/woman-driver-o.gif

Banned

http://savingmoneytoday.net/images/women-drivers.gif

Banned

http://global3.memecdn.com/woman-driver_o_980503.jpg

http://molempire.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/women-drivers-03-594x445.jpg

Original Poster

Wow, a lot of helpful replies !

Original Poster

funny though !

Banned

http://www.shorey.net/Humor/Auto/Women%20Drivers/WomanDriver11.jpg

Better luck next time.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Never+follow+a+woman+driver_9d2c80_3707954.jpg

This guy clearly has too much time on his hands... A Peugeot 107 or a Citroen C1 are relatively cheap insurance and only £20 a year tax! Though getting one as close to size as what she will be taking her test in would be best unless she's allowed to take her test in her own car!

Inb4

http://i42.tinypic.com/2rrup8z.jpg

I think there might be a lady moderator on duty today who failed their driving test a few times.

my wife took 5 times to pass, don't let her give up!

*hope that suspension is not for posting a few funny pic's, pretty lame if so

Erm,if she's not in this then no worries passing her test,
But if she's in this then xmas present sorted (yearly Bus Zone ticket) oO .

youtube.com/wat…tGg
Edited by: "Bumpydog" 16th Oct 2013

I was like this, i used to cry before the test. I was close to giving up, until someone pointed out that i had done all the hard work, and i deserved to get the licence. Eventually on my final test, my mother gave me a tablet to chill me out a bit...and i wore a low cut top....not sure which worked! but been driving fine since
Edited by: "skellysgirl" 16th Oct 2013

A Clio is cheap. You can also get special insurance for learners which builds up towards no claims. You have to buy proper insurance when they pass.

Yeah I too hope that suspension is not for a few funny pictures. Pretty pathetic if it is.

skellysgirl

I was like this, i used to cry before the test. someone pointed out, i … I was like this, i used to cry before the test. someone pointed out, i was close to giving up, until someone pointed out that i had done all the hard work, and i deserved to get the licence. Eventually on my final test, my mother gave me a tablet to chill me out a bit...and i wore a low cut top....not sure which worked! but been driving fine since

my mother gave me a tablet to chill oO
and i wore a low cut top

skellysgirl

I was like this, i used to cry before the test. someone pointed out, i … I was like this, i used to cry before the test. someone pointed out, i was close to giving up, until someone pointed out that i had done all the hard work, and i deserved to get the licence. Eventually on my final test, my mother gave me a tablet to chill me out a bit...and i wore a low cut top....not sure which worked! but been driving fine since

Pictures please.

Good luck to your missus in her next test! My good lady wife passed on her 5th attempt so don't lose heart!

Try going to the doctor, they could prescribe a beta blocker which will help cool her down just before it, no harm.

Why would women need a licence when there are no roads between the bedroom and the kitchen?

*gentle humour*

Yes the basic C1 or 107. It should be cheaper to insure her before she passes because she can only drove supervised

Banned

Practice makes perfect mate.

Take her out in your car and get her used to driving with less pressure on her.

My mum passed 5th time when she was in her 40's. 5th time lucky x

My wife arrived back from her driving test.

"So," I asked excitedly, "how did you get on?"

"Not good," she replied. "He failed me."

"Oh dear!" I said sympathetically. "It can't be that bad; what did he pull you up on?"

"A rope," she replied. "The car's still in the river."...

If D----------G been held up cos of the picts, that's rather short shighted. Most who pass first time should not be on roads, as once the see a bend they have to negotiate it rather than drive through it.

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies guys. Thinking of getting a Nissan Micra

Banned

speedy79

Thanks for the replies guys. Thinking of getting a Nissan Micra

great wee car to learn in.

Just let her drive your car in quiet areas.

Just buy a cheap banger for her to learn in for now.

she can get reacue remeby spray to calm nerves also kalms tablets that helped my partner

My sister took 5 attempts to pass her test, rescue remedy helps, keep up the encouragement with her as she is probably feeling so down about it. Good luck to her and her future attempts.

You need to work on her confidence so that she can calm her nerves by knowing she can do the test without issues.Try having her as co-pilot whilst your driving and have her talk through the road ahead hazards,signs,roundabouts etc giving lots of praise on your part.Sometimes its just the complication of having to change gears etc that make it harder to read the road so any extra tuition is always good.

Edited by: "arachnoid" 16th Oct 2013

it's much easier to pass in an automatic so maybe look out for a little 1 of those

Bumpydog

If D----------G been held up cos of the picts, that's rather short … If D----------G been held up cos of the picts, that's rather short shighted. Most who pass first time should not be on roads, as once the see a bend they have to negotiate it rather than drive through it.

Either your grammar is way off or you are auditioning for the role of captain obvious; EVERYONE is supposed to negotiate bends rather than drive through them, not only those who pass first time.

I passed 4th time. I was 8 months pregnant. Bit drastic but it worked!
I used to get loads of practice and drove everywhere with my husband or work colleague in the passenger seat. It really is just a matter of driving experience so that everything you do is automatic and you don't get uptight about it. Don't give up! I'm sure she will pass next time.

MadeDixonsCry

Either your grammar is way off or you are auditioning for the role of … Either your grammar is way off or you are auditioning for the role of captain obvious; EVERYONE is supposed to negotiate bends rather than drive through them, not only those who pass first time.

I dont use grammer here or on the road, Your'e Not worth it . Most vehicles are now FWD so they have to be driven through a bend, (Likey the thing that makes the noise also has the driving stuff next to it). Most people can go fast in a straight line but on a bend and also when next to Bus or wago bottle it as they dont have the constitution to KNOW how to drive. You can easily tell the first timers .....

From Facebook and thought I would post it here

"Have you ever seen twenty pounds all crumpled up?"...the woman asked
her husband.

"No"...said her husband.

She gave him a sexy little smile, unbuttoned the top 3 or 4 buttons of
her blouse...and slowly reached down into the cleavage created by a
soft, silky push-up bra...and pulled out a crumpled twenty pound
note.

He took the crumpled twenty pound note from her ...and smiled
approvingly.

"Have you ever seen fifty pounds all crumpled up?"... she then
asked her husband?

"No ..no, I haven't" ...he said (with an anxious tone in his voice).

She gave him another sexy little smile, pulled up her skirt, and
seductively reached into her tight, sheer knickers... and pulled out a
crumpled fifty pound note.

He took the crumpled fifty pound note... and started breathing a little
quicker with anticipation.

"Now" ...she said. "Have you ever seen £10,000 all crumpled up?"

"No, never" ...he said (while obviously becoming even more aroused...
and excited).

"Well, go and look in the garage!"...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions