So what time is everyone queuing up on friday to get the new iPhone 3g s?

Im getting mine form o2 as i wasnt able to pre order due to me not having my PAC code ready. It going to take me 40mins to get to the shop so i should get there at around 8am (the shop opens at 9am) I am really unsure though at what time would be the best i was thinking at like going at 7 but i dont want to be the numpty standing outside there by myself when no one gets there till 8.30!

what time are you going to be queuing?

110 Comments

Going to wander downstairs at 9pm & pick one up

Im not getting one,...dont like the iphones.....could you explain to me whats so good about them cos I really dont see it:?

I'll just get a iphone 3g when they drop down in price

8am probably.
Have you already had a credit check mum2b?

I have, all I have to do is go in friday and pay.

Im gonna stand outside offering everyone in the queue £150 for there iphone 3g as thats all they will be worth now,

Mines being delivered to my my office, and ass its my last day I'm gonna flip off my colleague by arriving to work in my own clothes, configure it on my work pc then spend the rest of the day playing, what they gonna do? sack me? :lol:

tonyg1962;5517266

Im gonna stand outside offering everyone in the queue £150 for there … Im gonna stand outside offering everyone in the queue £150 for there iphone 3g as thats all they will be worth now,

Doubt there will be many people in the queue upgrading a 3g. No one pays £80 a month for a contract.

Can non geeks join in this thread? :whistling:

Original Poster

t0mm;5517250

8am probably.Have you already had a credit check mum2b?I have, all I have … 8am probably.Have you already had a credit check mum2b?I have, all I have to do is go in friday and pay.

\\erhm, no, how do i do this? So will i not be able to get one on friday if i have not had one done?

Original Poster

thesaint;5517286

]How do you order the i-phone]When the new i-phone is launched]Couple of … ]How do you order the i-phone]When the new i-phone is launched]Couple of question about the i-phone]I will love you...i-skin solo]Best case for i-phone 3GS

Im a wee bit excited

starsparkle2311;5517297

thesaint=Serious database:p

:

I'D HAVE USED ANOTHER WORD :thumbsup:

mum2b;5517288

\\erhm, no, how do i do this? So will i not be able to get one on friday … \\erhm, no, how do i do this? So will i not be able to get one on friday if i have not had one done?

Yeah you will, will just be easier if you get it done before though because they can 'suspend the check' til friday then just pull it up on friday.

Just go into store and tell them you want the 3GS and want to see if you'll pass the credit check then ask them to suspend it so it doesn't og on your credit record.

Original Poster

t0mm;5517315

Yeah you will, will just be easier if you get it done before though … Yeah you will, will just be easier if you get it done before though because they can 'suspend the check' til friday then just pull it up on friday.Just go into store and tell them you want the 3GS and want to see if you'll pass the credit check then ask them to suspend it so it doesn't og on your credit record.

ok, thanks for the info, i live a while away and the only day i have off is friday so i dont think i will be able to do it. I dont see there being a problem though

mum2b;5517342

ok, thanks for the info, i live a while away and the only day i have off … ok, thanks for the info, i live a while away and the only day i have off is friday so i dont think i will be able to do it. I dont see there being a problem though

Fair enough. I have to pay £100 deposit because i have no credit history.

mum2b;5517298

Im a wee bit excited

We've noticed.

I had a look through the thread history too. Made for some fun reading, actually. It's kind-of like a little girliegeek phone diary. I know it's you're 10th or 11th iPhone thread, but I don't mind. I just hope that the one after the one about "OMG I GOT ONE!!!!" and after the one about the coolest games for it isn't followed up by one more about you not checking your pockets before putting your clothes in the wash again :thumbsup:

dxx;5517399

We've noticed. I had a look through the thread history too. Made for some … We've noticed. I had a look through the thread history too. Made for some fun reading, actually. It's kind-of like a little girliegeek phone diary. I know it's you're 10th or 11th iPhone thread, but I don't mind. I just hope that the one after the one about "OMG I GOT ONE!!!!" and after the one about the coolest games for it isn't followed up by one more about you not checking your pockets before putting your clothes in the wash again :thumbsup:

I'm hoping for the: o2 are sold out or the I failed the credit check?!?! LOL

Original Poster

dxx;5517399

We've noticed. I had a look through the thread history too. Made for some … We've noticed. I had a look through the thread history too. Made for some fun reading, actually. It's kind-of like a little girliegeek phone diary. I know it's you're 10th or 11th iPhone thread, but I don't mind. I just hope that the one after the one about "OMG I GOT ONE!!!!" and after the one about the coolest games for it isn't followed up by one more about you not checking your pockets before putting your clothes in the wash again :thumbsup:

lol, omg, did you read the one about when i spilt tea on y keyboard!?

t0mm;5517431

I'm hoping for the: o2 are sold out or the I failed the credit … I'm hoping for the: o2 are sold out or the I failed the credit check?!?! LOL

Arhh, dont be so harsh im actually think of going down even more early now :-D

mum2b;5517298

Im a wee bit excited

So how long exactly have you been waiting for this Iphone mum2b ? let me guess 9 months lol

Have you thought about a name for your Iphone? :-D

mum2b;5517517

lol, omg, did you read the one about when i spilt tea on y … lol, omg, did you read the one about when i spilt tea on y keyboard!?Arhh, dont be so harsh im actually think of going down even more early now :-D

:friends: I hope i get one, i feel bad now( Im gonna go for 32GB, so if 32GB's out of stock ill just get the 16GB).
asandino;5517539

So how long exactly have you been waiting for this Iphone mum2b ? let … So how long exactly have you been waiting for this Iphone mum2b ? let me guess 9 months lol Have you thought about a name for your Iphone?

I'd guess a few weeks since that's when it was announced...:whistling::w00t:

mum2b;5517517

lol, omg, did you read the one about when i spilt tea on y keyboard!?

Missed that one. My favourite combo of threads were about computer stuff, though. The first one asked "How do I build a PC?" or words to that effect. I was impressed by that one. I guess it's just my geekishnes and my frustation with how useless and computer illiterate most of the girls I know are, but I think it's magic when a lass shows that sort of eagerness to get their hands dirty with geekthings.

I say combo of threads, because you later followed it up with one about "Can I connect a monitor to a PC?". Bless.

getting it delivered but i forgot im going to dublin! aarrgghhhhhhhhhhhh

Banned

I've booked a personal shopping appointment.

Dunno whether it makes a difference, but I'll be there at 8.

vibeone;5517946

I've booked a personal shopping appointment.Dunno whether it makes a … I've booked a personal shopping appointment.Dunno whether it makes a difference, but I'll be there at 8.

Which store you going to?

Banned

t0mm;5518031

Which store you going to?

Meadowhall

Original Poster

dxx;5517635

Missed that one. My favourite combo of threads were about computer stuff, … Missed that one. My favourite combo of threads were about computer stuff, though. The first one asked "How do I build a PC?" or words to that effect. I was impressed by that one. I guess it's just my geekishnes and my frustation with how useless and computer illiterate most of the girls I know are, but I think it's magic when a lass shows that sort of eagerness to get their hands dirty with geekthings. I say combo of threads, because you later followed it up with one about "Can I connect a monitor to a PC?". Bless.

lol, that was because i couldnt work out how to run twin monitors. :-D

vibeone;5517946

I've booked a personal shopping appointment.Dunno whether it makes a … I've booked a personal shopping appointment.Dunno whether it makes a difference, but I'll be there at 8.

what the hell is a personal shopping appointment?

lil_tiger;5517227

Im not getting one,...dont like the iphones.....could you explain to me … Im not getting one,...dont like the iphones.....could you explain to me whats so good about them cos I really dont see it:?

Yup,

£800 or more for a phone with the specs of a 3 year old mobile phone.

The Nokia N80 had a 3MP camera. Now the 3GS has one. Bit pointless really.

Had it been a 5MP however, I may have been more inclined to get one though.

iPod touch + Nokia N79 seems the best bet to me at the moment.

Banned

rash;5520289

Yup,£800 or more for a phone with the specs of a 3 year old mobile phone. … Yup,£800 or more for a phone with the specs of a 3 year old mobile phone. The Nokia N80 had a 3MP camera. Now the 3GS has one. Bit pointless really.Had it been a 5MP however, I may have been more inclined to get one though.

mega pixels mean feck all. just look at that 8 megapixel samsung that was dire. Its about lens quality. Anything 3meg and above could be either very crap, or very good

are people queing up because they think it is going to sell out? or just so they can get it as soon as they can??

Banned

chris_b;5522108

are people queing up because they think it is going to sell out? or just … are people queing up because they think it is going to sell out? or just so they can get it as soon as they can??

the former. i may be wrong tho

iCodd;5520363

iPod touch + Nokia N79 seems the best bet to me at the moment.

Thats a really nice phone :thumbsup:

Original Poster

chris_b;5522108

are people queing up because they think it is going to sell out? or just … are people queing up because they think it is going to sell out? or just so they can get it as soon as they can??

Both

Original Poster

One more day to go!?

http://civilizer.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/sheep.jpg

Banned

What's this I see? A new Halal supplier?

guv;5525170

What's this I see? A new Halal supplier?

nomnomnomnomnomnom
he's just ****** he's still got 8 months of his contract to go.

mum2b;5524453

One more day to go!?

Well just pop down to my local O2 and ask about this phone, They mentioned to me that you can get it on Pay as you go for around £449 (can't remember exactly how much but over £400) and they give you free internet for a year.

I thought that it was going to be only available for contract but it looks like that is not the case. Just thought to let you know mum2b in case your credit check does not work you could always get it for pay as you go.

Too expensive in my opinion but some people might still want it.

asandino;5525217

Well just pop down to my local O2 and ask about this phone, They … Well just pop down to my local O2 and ask about this phone, They mentioned to me that you can get it on Pay as you go for around £449 (can't remember exactly how much but over £400) and they give you free internet for a year. I thought that it was going to be only available for contract but it looks like that is not the case. Just thought to let you know mum2b in case your credit check does not work you could always get it for pay as you go. Too expensive in my opinion but some people might still want it.

Was always to be on PAYG

3G were on contract and PAYG.

It's £440ish for the 16GB
and £538ish for the 32GB.

Original Poster

it ends up costing more if you get payg and simplity though
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How much would you pay for this chair?79
    2. Heads Up - LoveFilm By Post Closing On 31st October 2017.1010
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2437
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846122

See more discussions