Expired

So whats that all about then?

20 replies
Found 24th Sep 2009
Post has just arrived at this time for some strange reason. I am waiting for a few bits so as he managed to drop all his post all over the floor and didn't surface back from next door, thought i'd pop out and see if everything was ok. I told him my neighours were not in and should i take the parcel in for them, to which his reply was "No, it's signed for" i told him i didn't mind and could sign for it but he said i could't as they have to sign for it at the address, in case it goes missing.Is that a new rule in play... fair play i hadn't seen him before and gave the impression of a newbie, has he just got it wrong? I said there has never been a problem in the past.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
20 Comments

You might be a metalist!

I havent known of this in the past...have signed for the neighbours stuff before just as they have mine.....although he does sound like a newbie perhaps he is right? If its a new 'rule in play' then I guess we wouldnt know about it?

RM aren't supposed to leave parcels with neighbours,some do but they are supposed to take them back to the sorting office.

He might have just thought that you looked a bit dodgy

Original Poster

Trickyjabs;6382226

You might be a metalist!

there is no might be about it :-D

lil_tiger;6382235

I havent known of this in the past...have signed for the neighbours stuff … I havent known of this in the past...have signed for the neighbours stuff before just as they have mine.....although he does sound like a newbie perhaps he is right? If its a new 'rule in play' then I guess we wouldnt know about it?

no surpose not, delivery driver does it all the time. Worst thing i find is when you have a sorry you were out..... through the door ... but happy again when it says left with a neighbour or behind the bin

deb8z;6382241

RM aren't supposed to leave parcels with neighbours,some do but they are … RM aren't supposed to leave parcels with neighbours,some do but they are supposed to take them back to the sorting office.

s'pose he was new and following the rules.

deb8z;6382241

RM aren't supposed to leave parcels with neighbours,some do but they are … RM aren't supposed to leave parcels with neighbours,some do but they are supposed to take them back to the sorting office.

+1

Banned

You have to have made prior written arrangements with the post office to allow a neighbour to sign for your parcels.

edit: nope I'm wrong

"With the exception of Special Delivery and Royal Mail Tracked services, we can deliver your item to a different address within the same postcode area, e.g. a neighbour's house, free of charge. A postcode area is determined by your local Delivery Office, and is the area that they deliver to. We cannot redeliver to an address outside of this area. In most cases, for example, if you live in SE25 the same postcode area would be any other postcode starting with SE25."

royalmail.com/por…673

deb8z;6382241

None are.

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6382271

+1

It's just not practical though is it, peple working 6 day weeks and signed for gets returned to sender after 7 days.

lumoruk;6382293

You have to have made prior written arrangements with the post office to … You have to have made prior written arrangements with the post office to allow a neighbour to sign for your parcels.edit: nope I'm wrong"With the exception of Special Delivery and Royal Mail Tracked services, we can deliver your item to a different address within the same postcode area, e.g. a neighbour's house, free of charge. A postcode area is determined by your local Delivery Office, and is the area that they deliver to. We cannot redeliver to an address outside of this area. In most cases, for example, if you live in SE25 the same postcode area would be any other postcode starting with SE25."http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content3?mediaId=80800741&catId=37000673

Thats about re-delivery only.

superskilly;6382299

It's just not practical though is it, peple working 6 day weeks and … It's just not practical though is it, peple working 6 day weeks and signed for gets returned to sender after 7 days.

I work at home.

Original Poster

Probably are the rules, but never in like 8 years or so has there ever been a problem before... lol...

Had the parcel guy drive up to me while i have even been out of the area to give me a parcel and when he's feeling extra cheeky the neighbours too....

Original Poster

Adam2050;6382311

I work at home.

my neighbours don't :?

how does he know for definite ur the neighbour? you could be anyone, hes playin it safe

Original Poster

cribert;6382355

how does he know for definite ur the neighbour? you could be anyone, hes … how does he know for definite ur the neighbour? you could be anyone, hes playin it safe

well i walked out of the front door next door :whistling:

superskilly;6382342

my neighbours don't :?

Not your problem really. If they want to order stuff, depending on where and when they order they can specify where it goes if its recorded they can go pick it up. If it really was a problem they could ask you if it was okay to send something to you.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Adam2050;6382362

Not your problem really. If they want to order stuff, depending on where … Not your problem really. If they want to order stuff, depending on where and when they order they can specify where it goes if its recorded they can go pick it up. If it really was a problem they could ask you if it was okay to send something to you.:thumbsup:

and i'd probably say No :w00t:

superskilly;6382374

and i'd probably say No :w00t:

HA lol.

Thats a contridiction in itself.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Adam2050;6382381

HA lol.Thats a contridiction in itself.:thumbsup:

lol... thats me for ya :thumbsup:

Mine came at 4pm today, what the hells that all about?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247554
    2. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1217
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769184
    4. 5am gym crew20137

See more discussions