Groups

So Where are the 120GB SSD deals ?

Complete dearth of any low capacity SSD deals - looks like all production is going into the laptop market.

Kicking myself for not picking up a few of those sub £30 120GB deals that were around a few months ago - now they are mostly £45+ or you may aswell go for the 240GB deals for another £10 or so.

Point is that most folks really do not need 240GB for an OS installation - so it's a waste of money and space.

15 Comments

They'll be waiting until Friday or Monday for black Friday and cyber Monday

You do understand higher the capacity the faster the drive even on the same model right?

You do need 240GB for OS, you just haven't got to that point yet

Original Poster

joedastudd

They'll be waiting until Friday or Monday for black Friday and cyber … They'll be waiting until Friday or Monday for black Friday and cyber MondayYou do understand higher the capacity the faster the drive even on the same model right?

Yes - but the difference is performance between a 120GB and a 240GB SSD pales into insignificance when you go from HDD to SDD.

I'm willing to bet there wont be any decent 120GB SSD deals - there really seems to be a lack of supply from the manufacturers.
    Edited by: "grumpyone" 24th Nov 2016

Original Poster

kester76

You do need 240GB for OS, you just haven't got to that point yet

With my typical usage and the applications I install - media streaming mostly - I doubt I will ever reach anywhere near 120GB for the OS.

3:10 pm tomorrow this goes on offer
    SP/Silicon Power Slim S55 120GB 2.5-inch 7mm SATA III Internal Solid State Drive with High speeds up to Read/Write 460/370 MB/s (SP120GBSS3S55S25FR) amazon.co.uk/dp/…CW6

Original Poster

jez794

3:10 pm tomorrow this goes on offer SP/Silicon Power Slim S55 120GB … 3:10 pm tomorrow this goes on offer SP/Silicon Power Slim S55 120GB 2.5-inch 7mm SATA III Internal Solid State Drive with High speeds up to Read/Write 460/370 MB/s (SP120GBSS3S55S25FR) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00WMK89S6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_XKXnybTA39CW6

Thanks for the headsup - let's see what they do!

Original Poster

grumpyone

Thanks for the headsup - let's see what they do!

Wow what a deal - £43.49 instead of £49 for a 120GB SSD from an unknown manufacturer !
    Like I said - Where's all the 120GB SSD deals ?

£34 for me? maybe it's prime only then.
    Edited by: "jez794" 25th Nov 2016

grumpyone

Wow what a deal - £43.49 instead of £49 for a 120GB SSD from an unknown m … Wow what a deal - £43.49 instead of £49 for a 120GB SSD from an unknown manufacturer !Like I said - Where's all the 120GB SSD deals ?

you have to love a bit of gratitude don't you !!! ask a question then when someone give answer to it your reply starts with a sarky "wow" hhhmmmm
    it show up as £34 for me aswell and iv not got prime
    Edited by: "terry7866" 25th Nov 2016

Original Poster

terry7866

you have to love a bit of gratitude don't you !!! ask a question then … you have to love a bit of gratitude don't you !!! ask a question then when someone give answer to it your reply starts with a sarky "wow" hhhmmmmit show up as £34 for me aswell and iv not got prime

I was replying to my own posting which had thanked the OP for the headsup - my "sarky" remark was directed towards Amazon !

There will be a lack of supply for 120GB SSD's because barely anybody wants them.

Pretty impractical size to go for too when you can double the storage for a small amount of money more

Original Poster

colganraz

There will be a lack of supply for 120GB SSD's because barely anybody … There will be a lack of supply for 120GB SSD's because barely anybody wants them.Pretty impractical size to go for too when you can double the storage for a small amount of money more

120GB is still OK for OS purposes where there is no need for many apps like HTTP usage.
    But, I now really believe there will be no more sub £30 120GB SSDs and decent 240GB ones at £60+ are now the norm.

Shame that over £30 worth of 120GB SSD storage will be sitting empty in my new HTTP build.

grumpyone

120GB is still OK for OS purposes where there is no need for many apps … 120GB is still OK for OS purposes where there is no need for many apps like HTTP usage.But, I now really believe there will be no more sub £30 120GB SSDs and decent 240GB ones at £60+ are now the norm. Shame that over £30 worth of 120GB SSD storage will be sitting empty in my new HTTP build.

Suppose you will just have to wait for the right deal, I managed to get a sandisk 240GB SSD for £38 delivered this time last year , there will be a deal at some point if you can wait for it

Original Poster

DAMNOME

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/integral-120gb-v-series-2-5-sata-iii-6gbps-ssd-24-99-mymemory-co-uk-2561164

YES I also got the mymemory marketing email this morning.

FINALLY a 120GB SSD deal - ordered a couple on seperate orders.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Bearded chat14
      2. One thing you've forgotten1518
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767484
      4. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1932

See more discussions