Expired

So which supermarket/shop do the best cakes in the U.K?

Found 4th Apr 2013
Any ideas? My son's 1st birthday is coming up and I want to buy the best/nicest/yummiest cake possible to celebrate the occasion

Marks and Spencer, Waitrose, Sainsbury's, Tesco, Asda, Morrisons or any other shop you recommend? Guys who do the best cakes?!
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
20 Comments
Banned

My son's 1st birthday

Just get him a cheap smarties one he wont remember. lol
Usually local bakeries are a good bet. Much better quality and reasonable too.
Homemade cakes are best!
Banned
Do you have a Mr buns around? we have a few where i live. They will do you a nice one.

mrbunsbakery.com/hom…tml
Sainsburys chocolate fudge cake is amazingly good! but try making your own its hard but fun.

my sons 7th

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/400270_2948634947465_2033636066_n.jpg

My sons 8th

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/773738_4943815945743_1388219926_o.jpg
Edited by: "haritori" 4th Apr 2013
Over to you Maccy...............................
sickly sweet

Homemade cakes are best!

i agree , but failing that asda do an awesome tasting photo cake
Banned
haritori

Sainsburys chocolate fudge cake is amazingly good! but try making your … Sainsburys chocolate fudge cake is amazingly good! but try making your own its hard but fun.my sons 7th

Mario cake is something awesome!!!
How did I miss this? There is certain bakery section of a certain supermarket I can recommend wholeheartedly

Do you know anyone with a Costco card? They do excellent birthday cakes for £12-£13 and are huge. Choices of vanilla/choc frosting and sponge, cream or jam etc. Personalised too. Not sure if you live near one but worth having a look online.

Have to say they're very moreish - but sickly too.
kaksy

Do you know anyone with a Costco card? They do excellent birthday cakes … Do you know anyone with a Costco card? They do excellent birthday cakes for £12-£13 and are huge. Choices of vanilla/choc frosting and sponge, cream or jam etc. Personalised too. Not sure if you live near one but worth having a look online. Have to say they're very moreish - but sickly too.

+1 on that, they do the best carrot cake too, not that I ever buy.
Morrisons Signature range: Heavenly Red Velvet Cake.
Banned
greggs
Original Poster
maccy1

How did I miss this? There is certain bakery section of a certain … How did I miss this? There is certain bakery section of a certain supermarket I can recommend wholeheartedly

Please enlighten me, go on.........:)
Original Poster
kaksy

Do you know anyone with a Costco card? They do excellent birthday cakes … Do you know anyone with a Costco card? They do excellent birthday cakes for £12-£13 and are huge. Choices of vanilla/choc frosting and sponge, cream or jam etc. Personalised too. Not sure if you live near one but worth having a look online. Have to say they're very moreish - but sickly too.

Had a costco card which expired a few months back, and I have to agree their cakes are super tasty and super sweet.
Banned
haritori

Sainsburys chocolate fudge cake is amazingly good! but try making your … Sainsburys chocolate fudge cake is amazingly good! but try making your own its hard but fun.my sons 7thMy sons 8th

The 7th birthday cake only has 6 layers
goldmax

The 7th birthday cake only has 6 layers

Iceing counts as layer

Icing even
Edited by: "haritori" 4th Apr 2013
haritori

Sainsburys chocolate fudge cake is amazingly good! but try making your … Sainsburys chocolate fudge cake is amazingly good! but try making your own its hard but fun.my sons 7thMy sons 8th

Brilliant cakes!
Original Poster
Thanks for the recommendations so far.
Waitrose sponge cake :-) you can order online for personalisation :-)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants