Groups

So who's getting Freview HD?

So not having $ky HD, I've been waiting and looking for an affordable way to get HD on my TV.

I stumbled across this and wondered if anyone would recomend it?

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

11 Comments

Ordered Sky HD today with the deal - but will be getting Freeview HD the moment hauppauge get a PCI dual tuner DVB-T2 is release i'll get out!

I will probably get it when it comes down in price, I can't justify paying that much for a Freeview HD box for just a few extra channels in HD

Will wait until the Humax HD PVR is sub £200, then will get it.

Humax HD-FOX T2 Black Freeview HD Receiver.532/2415 £179.99

Original Poster

So is it just two extra channels?

I was looking at the sky post earlier. This could be good for the upstairs TV but trying to justify that price.

The previous owners had sky (thus a dish on the back of the house) and I know Argos do a freesat HD box for £68. I'm assuming the channels are the same.

It would be great to watch the world cup un HD.

wickedteen;7894340

Humax HD-FOX T2 Black Freeview HD Receiver.532/2415 £179.99

Is that aimed at me?

That one is just the receiver, no PVR. I believe the PVR is out last quarter of this year, christ knows how much it will be though!!

Banned

Dreambox HD800

For all your free sky HD programmes.:w00t:

no doubt these boxes can receive more channels once they are aired etc so it may seem expensive but i guess more channel will be available for the one off price

Dont know about that particular model , but I rigged up a Bush HD set from Argos before xmas for a customer .Bought a quad LNB too ,she has Sky but wanted an alternative in other rooms of her house . Very impresive picture quality , but there wasn't a great deal of choice of channels compared with Freeview . I suppose this may be changing all the time . She was impressed and got me to buy another box for the bedroom . Ideal setup for people not being able to get a Freeview signal which was the reason in this case , or for people not wanting Sky as in my case.

guv;7894372

Dreambox HD800For all your free sky HD programmes.:w00t:

I'd love one of these but wouldn't know where to start :thinking:

sancho1983;7894360

Is that aimed at me?That one is just the receiver, no PVR. I believe the … Is that aimed at me?That one is just the receiver, no PVR. I believe the PVR is out last quarter of this year, christ knows how much it will be though!!

no it wasnt
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?78
      2. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831126
      3. *Heads Up* Free Wrestling on Sunday 10pm YouTube, Facebook and WWE.com. Sum…11
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?27127

See more discussions