So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?

Found 20th Aug 2017
As above

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

emporer34 m ago

Ordered one from Amazon, have no interest in it but bought purely to flog …Ordered one from Amazon, have no interest in it but bought purely to flog on and make a few quid, no doubt there will be short stock as is the norm and being just before xmas its a good time to buy and sell.

I know people will do the same as you. But it really annoys me that people do this. I have sometimes purchased a game i have no intrest in and flogged it too CEX.
But to take up a preorder to then sell for more to someone that it stupid enough to pay over the odds is wrong. Making money in this way is immoral.
You should be ashamed of yourself.

49 Comments

Original Poster

Me, from Very - with additional controller...

No

Amazon

Ordered one from Amazon, have no interest in it but bought purely to flog on and make a few quid, no doubt there will be short stock as is the norm and being just before xmas its a good time to buy and sell.

emporer34 m ago

Ordered one from Amazon, have no interest in it but bought purely to flog …Ordered one from Amazon, have no interest in it but bought purely to flog on and make a few quid, no doubt there will be short stock as is the norm and being just before xmas its a good time to buy and sell.

I know people will do the same as you. But it really annoys me that people do this. I have sometimes purchased a game i have no intrest in and flogged it too CEX.
But to take up a preorder to then sell for more to someone that it stupid enough to pay over the odds is wrong. Making money in this way is immoral.
You should be ashamed of yourself.

Nope, far to expensive.

I don't need one... May pre-order one... And decide nearer the time, if I want it, or not.

Original Poster

fwibble4 m ago

I don't need one... May pre-order one... And decide nearer the time, if I …I don't need one... May pre-order one... And decide nearer the time, if I want it, or not.

I am in this category. Would cancel order if closer to launch decide dont want it...

xoddsockthiefx1 h, 28 m ago

I know people will do the same as you. But it really annoys me that people …I know people will do the same as you. But it really annoys me that people do this. I have sometimes purchased a game i have no intrest in and flogged it too CEX.But to take up a preorder to then sell for more to someone that it stupid enough to pay over the odds is wrong. Making money in this way is immoral. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I'm completely honest about this, I make no bones, like all other console sales before this I will buy 1 or maybe even 3 as I did with the PS4 and sell on, I pre ordered last night with Amazon and there was stock available for a good couple of hours, anyone could have easily ordered, is it my fault that some who may want one didn't pre order? nope, but I shall be waiting when little Jonny tells his parents that he absolutely has to have one of these for xmas and i'll be quite happy making a quick 150 or 200 quid.

Many do this, I do every console launch because people just go nuts for them after official launch, but like I say there is plenty of opportunity for folks to pre order, if they are too lazy too or too busy watching X Factor or some other mind numbing rubbish then that's the ones i'll be happy to take their money.

Am I ashamed? not one bit.

emporer10 m ago

I'm completely honest about this, I make no bones, like all other console …I'm completely honest about this, I make no bones, like all other console sales before this I will buy 1 or maybe even 3 as I did with the PS4 and sell on, I pre ordered last night with Amazon and there was stock available for a good couple of hours, anyone could have easily ordered, is it my fault that some who may want one didn't pre order? nope, but I shall be waiting when little Jonny tells his parents that he absolutely has to have one of these for xmas and i'll be quite happy making a quick 150 or 200 quid.Many do this, I do every console launch because people just go nuts for them after official launch, but like I say there is plenty of opportunity for folks to pre order, if they are too lazy too or too busy watching X Factor or some other mind numbing rubbish then that's the ones i'll be happy to take their money.Am I ashamed? not one bit.

Don't blame you one bit mate. Little Jonny will be wanting a 4k TV as well! This console is going to murder some parents this Xmas, it will be the stupid bundles they release.

Exactly, some may find it immoral but I really couldn't care less, if someone is willing to pay for it then so be it, the whole world is immoral and nothing is going to change that.

Anyone who spends over £200 on a console is nuts. I certainly won't be buying one.

Original Poster

Error4401 h, 18 m ago

Anyone who spends over £200 on a console is nuts. I certainly won't be …Anyone who spends over £200 on a console is nuts. I certainly won't be buying one.

What 'luxury' are you willing to spend alot on?

Original Poster

emporer1 h, 31 m ago

Exactly, some may find it immoral but I really couldn't care less, if …Exactly, some may find it immoral but I really couldn't care less, if someone is willing to pay for it then so be it, the whole world is immoral and nothing is going to change that.

Makes sense to me. Not hurting anyone. It's only money after all.

emporer1 h, 52 m ago

I'm completely honest about this, I make no bones, like all other console …I'm completely honest about this, I make no bones, like all other console sales before this I will buy 1 or maybe even 3 as I did with the PS4 and sell on, I pre ordered last night with Amazon and there was stock available for a good couple of hours, anyone could have easily ordered, is it my fault that some who may want one didn't pre order? nope, but I shall be waiting when little Jonny tells his parents that he absolutely has to have one of these for xmas and i'll be quite happy making a quick 150 or 200 quid.Many do this, I do every console launch because people just go nuts for them after official launch, but like I say there is plenty of opportunity for folks to pre order, if they are too lazy too or too busy watching X Factor or some other mind numbing rubbish then that's the ones i'll be happy to take their money.Am I ashamed? not one bit.

How/where do you sell? Obviously not eBay
Thinking about doing the same

JumpMan198039 m ago

What 'luxury' are you willing to spend alot on?

Hmm the most money I've spent in the last few years was a fridge for £350, had £50 off it was the cheapest one with a 5 year warranty.

I would put it up for sale on various local Facebook pages, Gumtree and Shpock, also maybe some other internet forums in their classifieds where its free. It will be very easy to shift, if they are in short supply like most other recent gen launch machines then I can easily see these fetching £600+.

Erubadhron1 h, 3 m ago

How/where do you sell? Obviously not eBay Thinking about doing the …How/where do you sell? Obviously not eBay Thinking about doing the same

No deals since joining in 2011.
Can we not start shutting these accounts?

mine comes next week...

31742425-qBLHg.jpg

Not got a 4K TV so it's not on my radar yet, a buddy has though, He's getting one on launch so I'll nip 'round and have a drool. I can stare at Horizon on his Pro for hours...

Error4402 h, 7 m ago

Hmm the most money I've spent in the last few years was a fridge for £350, …Hmm the most money I've spent in the last few years was a fridge for £350, had £50 off it was the cheapest one with a 5 year warranty.

You consider a fridge a luxury?

emporer4 h, 29 m ago

Seems a lot of hassle for a couple hundred quid.

John Lewis just now

31742711-BL8HM.jpg
South of 400 quid

davewave43 m ago

mine comes next week...[Image]

The Mark I looks a lot better compared to that second generation model.

davewave50 m ago

mine comes next week...[Image]

I used to own one of them

spoo2 m ago

I used to own one of them

I did too.

fanpages24 m ago

For the rest of us; almost South of -100 degrees...[ …For the rest of us; almost South of -100 degrees...[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-one-x-project-scorpio-edition-with-free-2-year-guarantee-44995-john-lewis-2769375 ]

I'm not sure why every available outlet that had/has it in stock at RRP was deemed worthy as a deal by various OP's and it's hardly surprising it's getting voted cold because of this but you can't help feeling a significant number of those voters are bods who expected/hoped to get it for less, think four n a half is way too much for an mid-cycle upgrade or most likely Sony fans with their own corporate slave agenda.

I'm well happy to get it at under 400 quid because I'm just a sucker for limited edition collectables and because I have felt this upgrade was more substantial than the PS4 to PS4 Pro from the outset.

I got a storm grey Xbone S in mint nick with all the original packaging that might go for more than you might expect on shpock or gumtree to offset some of the cost too

Graham19792 h, 28 m ago

No deals since joining in 2011.Can we not start shutting these accounts?

There is a world outside of HUKD you know.

CoeK58 m ago

Seems a lot of hassle for a couple hundred quid.

Really? I will have my Xbox delivered by Amazon to my home at no cost or hassle to me, my wife is home all day, it takes a couple of mins to bung an advert online on FB or on a forums classified section, not sure how you make money but this to me is an easy way to make a couple of hundred quid, for a young person that's a weeks wages, not to be sniffed at really and because of my attitude to such things and my handling of money I was mortgage free with zero debts at age 39.

emporer13 m ago

Really? I will have my Xbox delivered by Amazon to my home at no cost or …Really? I will have my Xbox delivered by Amazon to my home at no cost or hassle to me, my wife is home all day, it takes a couple of mins to bung an advert online on FB or on a forums classified section, not sure how you make money but this to me is an easy way to make a couple of hundred quid, for a young person that's a weeks wages, not to be sniffed at really and because of my attitude to such things and my handling of money I was mortgage free with zero debts at age 39.

Yes really. I don't think £200 is a weeks wages to very many people for a start. I also don't think you'll make that much, facebook market has created a glut in this kind of stuff in my area and I don't live in a hugely populated area. The last lot of folk trying to make a profit from limited items were lucky to clear £50.

emporer46 m ago

Really? I will have my Xbox delivered by Amazon to my home at no cost or …Really? I will have my Xbox delivered by Amazon to my home at no cost or hassle to me, my wife is home all day, it takes a couple of mins to bung an advert online on FB or on a forums classified section, not sure how you make money but this to me is an easy way to make a couple of hundred quid, for a young person that's a weeks wages, not to be sniffed at really and because of my attitude to such things and my handling of money I was mortgage free with zero debts at age 39.

Totally agree with you, turning a quid is deemed profiteering by many in this parish yet I don't see them going to work voluntarily or for asking for only half their hourly rate

No doubt someone will call you a 'scalper' in a minute, apparently that's American for tout yet I thought this was HUKD rather than HUSD sorry I digress but fair play for not being ashamed to state you indulge in free enterprise because it really is considered heresy by many on here
Edited by: "Chasloyal" 21st Aug 2017

CoeK13 m ago

Yes really. I don't think £200 is a weeks wages to very many people for a …Yes really. I don't think £200 is a weeks wages to very many people for a start. I also don't think you'll make that much, facebook market has created a glut in this kind of stuff in my area and I don't live in a hugely populated area. The last lot of folk trying to make a profit from limited items were lucky to clear £50.

Most young people under 21 or apprentices would beg to differ, they would probably earn around that figure, per week after tax etc, I would think the amount of young people on that kind of wage far exceeds those of that age bracket who earn above that figure.

I'm pretty confident in what i'll make on this, maybe not as much but certainly between £100 and £150, given the RRP of the console and based on my previous experiences with the recent Nintendo Switch and PS4 launches I've never been wrong, for me FB in my area in regards to classified ads is very good, there does seem to be a good amount of folks who have no issue spending, and items like this are always deemed as desirable.

To put in perspective, I made £75 from an extra Switch I ordered and of the 3 PS4's I bought at launch I made enough profit from 2 to make the 3rd one essentially free, I then sold that 2 days before xmas. Certain factors have to be involved for a successful sale with these things, timing is crucial, I really can see stock being very limited until after xmas which means the price of these will keep artificially high for a number of weeks.

Chasloyal6 m ago

Totally agree with you, turning a quid is deemed profiteering by many in …Totally agree with you, turning a quid is deemed profiteering by many in this parish yet I don't see them going to work voluntarily or for asking for only half their hourly rate No doubt someone will call you a 'scalper' in a minute, apparently that's American for tout yet I thought this was HUKD rather than HUSD sorry I digress but fair play for not being ashamed to state you indulge in free enterprise because it really is considered heresy my many on here

Indeed, making a few quid around here seems to be enough for capital punishment! When all is said and done its only money, not ones health or things so much more important than a bit of cash, people would do well to remember that.

CoeK24 m ago

Yes really. I don't think £200 is a weeks wages to very many people for a …Yes really. I don't think £200 is a weeks wages to very many people for a start. I also don't think you'll make that much, facebook market has created a glut in this kind of stuff in my area and I don't live in a hugely populated area. The last lot of folk trying to make a profit from limited items were lucky to clear £50.

I earn less than 200 quid a week from my job because I only work part time but we do own our three properties outright including two down south that we have rental income coming in from so it's no drama as such.

Lots of people I work with are on less than 200 quid and are not in the fortunate position to be as financially secure that I am so I think you're way off the mark there. Ok if full time contracts were available they would be closer to 400 quid a week granted but they're not so its only 15 or 20 hours money on offer

emporer9 m ago

Indeed, making a few quid around here seems to be enough for capital …Indeed, making a few quid around here seems to be enough for capital punishment! When all is said and done its only money, not ones health or things so much more important than a bit of cash, people would do well to remember that.

I know that one because me and the missus are quite literally full time carers to my infirm mum, there will be certain individuals about who won't approve of our formula to getting by but we have done it totally legally with money that's come our way and we are definitely not a drain on any public services because we do everything for her 24/7 without any outside carers/nursing support etc
Edited by: "Chasloyal" 21st Aug 2017

Chasloyal6 m ago

I earn less than 200 quid a week from my job because I only work part time …I earn less than 200 quid a week from my job because I only work part time but we do own our three properties outright including two down south that we have rental income coming in from so it's no drama as such.Lots of people I work with are on less than 200 quid and are not in the fortunate position to be as financially secure that I am so I think you're way off the mark there. Ok if full time contracts were available they would be closer to 400 quid a week granted but they're not so its only 15 or 20 hours money on offer

I thought it was obvious I was only considering full time work. I'll be more specific next time.

What is it with everyone telling me how financially secure they are, no mortgage at 39, own 3 properties. I'm not your financial advisor.

Who gives out that kind of financial information to strangers on the internet.

CoeK4 m ago

I thought it was obvious I was only considering full time work. I'll be …I thought it was obvious I was only considering full time work. I'll be more specific next time.What is it with everyone telling me how financially secure they are, no mortgage at 39, own 3 properties. I'm not your financial advisor. Who gives out that kind of financial information to strangers on the internet.

Erm people that don't have any secrets and ain't done anything wrong so have no reason to be shifty or ashamed, why, who do you think does?

Oh hang you're the one on here trolling giving it the big'un inviting me to take our chat to private message earlier aren't you it all makes sense now

Chasloyal2 m ago

Erm people that don't have any secrets and ain't done anything wrong so …Erm people that don't have any secrets and ain't done anything wrong so have no reason to be shifty or ashamed, why, who do you think does?Oh hang you're the one on here trolling giving it the big'un inviting me to take our chat to private message earlier aren't you it all makes sense now

I'm not your doctor either so maybe save any other issues for them.

This is really starting to make me chuckle a little now, it always seems as though the astute and prudent among us are doing something wrong or shifty, and in reality what does it matter to anyone, stranger or friend, that the information of being mortgage/debt free at 39 is out on the internet? Get a little grip on reality people.

And just for the record, believe it or not I've earned minimum wage in most of my working life, but the fact that I've worked ever since leaving school and am careful means that my little family of 4 (2A2C) can enjoy things more now that we effectively have no immediate money worries and can splurge on the odd luxury.

CoeK8 m ago

I'm not your doctor either so maybe save any other issues for them.

Ooooer touché mademoiselle, I thought you were way too smooth and well read to bite at something like that
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants