social or whatever it is these days

15 replies
Found 3rd Feb 2009
hiyas all i know this really is an odd request but my husband is about to come out of work being made redundant within days now and i just wondered if anyone has any idea how much social security he will be entitled too for him, myself and our baby he is our only bread winner as i look after baby hes always worked and factory has gone into administration so wont get any redundancy ive tried the jobcentre plus calculator but it needs all last years details etc which i dont have just a general idea would be most grateful thanks in advance x karen,

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
15 Comments

£60 a week dole?

try entitledto.co.uk hope this helps and sorry

Oh it must be such a worrying time for you.

I know you can make a claim for job seekers allowance online and they should call you back as I helped my son do his when he was made redundant a few months ago.

The only way I know of working out how much you would get is to use the calculator, or phone up the citizens advice bureau, they might be able to help.

Hope everything works out for you guys xx

camlen79;4274453

try entitledto.co.uk hope this helps and sorry

this site will tell you what you will get,good luck and i hope he gets another job soon

Banned

Lulu'sMammy;4274440

£60 a week dole?

It's £60.50 LLM, that 50p is very important.

Nearly buy's a loaf of bread :-D

ye and they expect youto call up for jobs and drive so far, i told them i have got a car now, as £60 a week just about feeds my 2 kids and gf, so they said phone peole, i said what with, then pulled out my £400 n96, i had to laugh.

terrible news & hope it all works out for you!

He may get some redundancy depending on age and length of service as there is a government funded statuatory redundancy scheme for people.

Look at this site for info

]http//ww…tml

Banned

phone up the child benefits and tel then your cicumstances is changed you might get some more form there, but when my partner got made redundent we went on to house benefit. and he was on jobseekers for 3 months and i told the people who deal with child benefit and child tax ect that he had lost his job, but i didnt get any more as our daughter was over a year but even still its better to let them know

wickedteen;4274622

ye and they expect youto call up for jobs and drive so far, i told them i … ye and they expect youto call up for jobs and drive so far, i told them i have got a car now, as £60 a week just about feeds my 2 kids and gf, so they said phone peole, i said what with, then pulled out my £400 n96, i had to laugh.

Do you even bother looking or just put stuff down to say that you have?

Sorry to hear your news, hope your luck changes soon.

Only thing that might affect your claim is if your husband got a decent redundancy pay off.

In the meant time, apply for everything and do it straight away! Remember, your husband's taxes have been paying in to the Government and you're entitled to benefits when you need them.

Try and get an appointment with the Citizens Advice asap. They are really helpful, though often very busy, especially at the moment.

If you rent, you can probably get Housing Benefit and Council Tax relief, so contact your council right away.

Keep copies of ALL documents, no matter how trivial and if you speak to anyone on the phone in the benefits office, make a note of the date and time you spoke to them and their name. They can be amazingly inept and it will help your claim if you are organised.

I had to claim benefits when I fell seriously ill, and I can honestly say that dealing with the benefits departments was MORE stresful than dealing with a life threatening illness!

Good luck

Original Poster

thanks all for your advice well most of u lol kids will play huh rep given xx no redundancy payout as company gone into administration britain is becoming pretty bare knuckle jobwise now not many are safe huh xx karen.

Yes, we are all pretty much feeling the pinch. Hope he is able to find some work soon. Might be worthwhile him trawling round the agencies for temporary work, see if he can find summin that pays better than benefits even if it is from week to week.

Good luck

Lulu'sMammy;4274699

Do you even bother looking or just put stuff down to say that you have?

just copy out of the local paper, i did say to the woman, "how long do we have to look for work for as there is none, and what jobs there are the imigrants get them cos they get paid less" and the reply i got was you must keep looking until the goverment says not to bother and we understand that there is no work due to too many people in this country now.........................

Karen

Even if the company has gone into administration he should still get statuatory redundancy pay if he qualifies by age & service....it may be paid by govt not his company administrators! See the calculator in my email above!

The other thing is phone the tax people urgently and tell them because if he is out of work for three months he will be due a tax refund if he was on PAYE because PAYE assumes you will work the whole tax year and taxes you on that assumption!

hi he should still get the stat redundancy i did and id only been with the company 18mths worked prev iously 12 years 4 them didnt go back till after 1st child was 3 i was 7mths pregnant with my 2nd i was only on 180pd a wk but got the stat redundancy of 240pds per wk got hols pay i was owed all in got just over a grand in total
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428514675
    2. Win Xbox with Doritos 7 day code11
    3. Which wall design do you like best?911
    4. black friday dates for halfords55

See more discussions