Expired

Socket 775 CPU Fan

Found 19th Apr 2009
Thank you for looking.

I'm currently looking for a _good_ socket 775 CPU fan for my computer.
There are loads of good ones but none of the them fits in my computer =(

I'm looking for one which, the overall size, is 90mm x 90mm. The height of the fan doesn't really matter.

I don't mind how much it will cost.

Of course reps will be rewarded!

Many thanks.

5 Comments

Banned

ebuyer.com/pro…876

or

ebuyer.com/pro…ded
It may work due to it using heat pipes to lift it around 25-30mm from the board.

or

ebuyer.com/pro…202

Its just slightly too big but as again it uses heat pipes to lift it away from the board at first and is round it should do the job just fine.

Hope one of those help you!

Bigfoot75uk;4975362

Hope one of those help you!

Except he's after a fan, those are all heatsinks with integrated fans.

90mm is an unusual size, 92mm would be more usual so are you sure it's not that? The socket makes no difference, the connection and mounting to the heatsink is the same regardless.

Is your priority cooling power or quietness?

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;4975582

Except he's after a fan, those are all heatsinks with integrated … Except he's after a fan, those are all heatsinks with integrated fans.90mm is an unusual size, 92mm would be more usual so are you sure it's not that? The socket makes no difference, the connection and mounting to the heatsink is the same regardless.Is your priority cooling power or quietness?

Is there a difference between a heatsink with an integrated fan and a normal CPU fan?
Basically I want one that does the job cooling the CPU down.

It may be 92mm as I just used a ruler to measure it approximately.
I buying a new one mainly for cooling power but of course quietness would be a bonus too.

I need the fan (or heatsink with an integrated fan) to be nearest to 90-92mm as there is no room for expansion. The PSU is pretty much next to the CPU fan so there's no room. I maybe upload a photograph later if I can find my camera

Nodame;4981767

Is there a difference between a heatsink with an integrated fan and a … Is there a difference between a heatsink with an integrated fan and a normal CPU fan?Basically I want one that does the job cooling the CPU down.It may be 92mm as I just used a ruler to measure it approximately.I buying a new one mainly for cooling power but of course quietness would be a bonus too.I need the fan (or heatsink with an integrated fan) to be nearest to 90-92mm as there is no room for expansion. The PSU is pretty much next to the CPU fan so there's no room. I maybe upload a photograph later if I can find my camera

CPUs are very tiny (1cm by 1cm) bits of metal that emit a lot of heat, the heatsink (big block of metal) is there to spread that heat out to a larger area so you can have a reasonable sized fan to blow away the air that's heated up by all this heat and replace it with cooler air.

As you said you only wanted a fan I assumed you already had the heatsink as some heatsinks come without fans, or of course a fan can break down while a large lump of metal can't.

It sounds like you might be after a heatsink and fan combination. There's no difference between a heatsink with a seperate standard fan and a heatsink with a built in fan, except of course you can't just screw another fan onto the latter if it breaks down.

Looking around a bit if you're that tight for space your do have a limited choice, you might be able to squeeze Noctua's ]NH-U9B in there at 95x95mm. You could look at a 1U cooler like ]this but It's likely to be very loud.

Banned

The heatsinks with integrated fans i found for you above are of dimensions that shouldnt be any bother to fit. again with most of them it wont matter about socket as they normally come with fittings for different sockets. (check before you buy thou). The site i linked you too is also a very very reputable company and is quite cheap for most things.

Hopefully the links ive provided you on the 1st post will either be a good choice for you or lead you to something you like as the site has quite a lot of SKT775 coolers on there.

Hope this helps.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Quidco Snow me the money Competition881167
    2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in London at the Capital Hotel, Knight…33
    3. OnePlus 5T International Giveaway! Gleam22
    4. telegraph/BA/visittobago comp - win a holiday in tobago22

See more discussions