Looking for a decent spec Socket Set for a bit Diy on the Car etc

Any ideas as it's been years since I bought one

thanks in advance

TT

6 Comments

Banned

screwfix.com/sea…866

Nearly half price with every socket you could possibly need

I bought one of these from Amazon when they were £16 and have it in the boot of the car "just in case". I do have many suitable tools at home for car repair but wanted a selection to carry with me and for that these seem ideal.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51DY3N5H9AL._AA280_.jpg
    Its called Draper Value 71369 95 Pce Automotive Tool Kit though Amazon themselves have it on 4-6 weeks at the moment, I'm sure you can find it elseware.

MikeT

I bought one of these from Amazon when they were £16 and have it in the … I bought one of these from Amazon when they were £16 and have it in the boot of the car "just in case". I do have many suitable tools at home for car repair but wanted a selection to carry with me and for that these seem ideal.Its called Draper Value 71369 95 Pce Automotive Tool Kit though Amazon themselves have it on 4-6 weeks at the moment, I'm sure you can find it elseware.

I have been a maintenance fitter for 30years and I would not touch "DRAPER" tools with a barge pole.

Just my opinion of course !!!!:thumbsup:

rangermastiffs

I have been a maintenance fitter for 30years and I would not touch … I have been a maintenance fitter for 30years and I would not touch "DRAPER" tools with a barge pole.Just my opinion of course !!!!:thumbsup:

Then perhaps you should, you might be pleasently suprised. OK so they wont be much good on a 4" steam trap valve or for everyday factory use but for the "odd bit of DIY on the car" they guy doesnt need kit that costs the earth and I would be happy to attempt a roadside repair with them. Gone are the days of nasty cheap chinese pressed alloy sockets that rounded out as soon as you looked at them.
    Draper now do a range of value for money reasonable quality kit.

And thats my opinion too ;-)

argos ]£7.99

MikeT

Then perhaps you should, you might be pleasently suprised. OK so they … Then perhaps you should, you might be pleasently suprised. OK so they wont be much good on a 4" steam trap valve or for everyday factory use but for the "odd bit of DIY on the car" they guy doesnt need kit that costs the earth and I would be happy to attempt a roadside repair with them. Gone are the days of nasty cheap chinese pressed alloy sockets that rounded out as soon as you looked at them.Draper now do a range of value for money reasonable quality kit.And thats my opinion too ;-)

Point taken, but the days of "nasty cheap" tools have not gone.
    The guy asked for a "decent spec" and thats not draper.
    Suppose we all have different standards !!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Remove Best Offers Option On eBay?44
      2. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.811
      3. U8, U80, U80 Plus Smartwatches?66
      4. Customs charged too much for a little item!33

See more discussions