sofa

Found 2nd Mar
so this sofa is second hand so I don't no how it goes together from British heart Foundation, but anyway the sofa is all good but i can't work how to connect it together as there keep being gaps in sofa of course.

is it at bottom or side, no brackets

2902812-Qxxhm.jpg2902812-p1fTR.jpg
what brackets do i use and where 🎃
Community Updates
Ask
51 Comments
Its hard to tell from your pics.
Looks like you have to put/stand the ‘L’ shaped bracket on the right hand side on top of the left hand side main bar bracket and then screw together from the top downwards
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 2nd Mar
Alternatively, swivel round the ‘L’ shaped bracket 180’ and see if it slots on top of the other main bar bracket that way round. might have been pushed round the wrong way when being delivered.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 2nd Mar
Original Poster
I don't get it 🎃, i will upload some more pics later, my battery was dying
123thisisme9 m ago

Its hard to tell from your pics.

I was lost even before the pictures. Still battling through the text
Original Poster
psychobitchfromhell18 m ago

I was lost even before the pictures. Still battling through the text

it's basically how do we join this sofa
The two metal brackets (feet) need to be bolted (screwed) together. Post more photos of them from different angles. I can just about make out a bolt on the metal feet on the left (if i am not getting confused with my left and right as usual )
Looks like you've been sold an incomplete sofa. Recliner, am I right? Bottom picture, bar on the left has a little tab sticking out that should connect it to the bit on the right (knobbly little sideways T), pretty sure the L bracket on the bottom of the right hand part should have a cross piece with plastic feet just like the bit on the left. Hard to tell from the photos tbh.......

Not sure if that makes sense or not?
Original Poster
mutley18 m ago

The two metal brackets (feet) need to be bolted (screwed) together. Post …The two metal brackets (feet) need to be bolted (screwed) together. Post more photos of them from different angles. I can just about make out a bolt on the metal feet on the left (if i am not getting confused with my left and right as usual )

i will do, my phone has low battery and wouldn't let me use the flash, its really strange because the right one has no bar across but the left one does, i will show tonight, i just can't work it if it needs a bracket or where to put it
Original Poster
Shengis11 m ago

Looks like you've been sold an incomplete sofa. Recliner, am I right? …Looks like you've been sold an incomplete sofa. Recliner, am I right? Bottom picture, bar on the left has a little tab sticking out that should connect it to the bit on the right (knobbly little sideways T), pretty sure the L bracket on the bottom of the right hand part should have a cross piece with plastic feet just like the bit on the left. Hard to tell from the photos tbh.......Not sure if that makes sense or not?

recliner yes , i will take more pictures then we can work this puzzle, its in 3 pieces, left and right recline and middle dont.

thought I don't use recliner much,i just lay on it 😁
jonmarz894 m ago

i will do, my phone has low battery and wouldn't let me use the flash, …i will do, my phone has low battery and wouldn't let me use the flash, its really strange because the right one has no bar across but the left one does, i will show tonight, i just can't work it if it needs a bracket or where to put it

As toptrumpet says, the bracket on the right (god you are making me work hard with my left and right now ) needs to be turned round as it is not a feet but it is supposed to be attached to the the bracket on the left. You can see that the right sofa is at a lower level than the left one, so when bolted together, it should be at the same level as the one on the left.
You have a section on the left hand side which has 2 slot type grooves? on the right hand section should be another metal section fitted to the side with 2 lug / nut type connectors, the right hand section is missing .
Can you take a photo of the 2 side sections, where they should clip together.
I am an Upholsterer, if i know whats missing i may be able to help or guide to a website for the part
There can't be that many permutations, just see what fits best. Screw holes will align so if they don't, it is wrong
rtmlk3 m ago

You have a section on the left hand side which has 2 slot type grooves? on …You have a section on the left hand side which has 2 slot type grooves? on the right hand section should be another metal section fitted to the side with 2 lug / nut type connectors, the right hand section is missing .Can you take a photo of the 2 side sections, where they should clip together.I am an Upholsterer, if i know whats missing i may be able to help or guide to a website for the part

Better explanation than mine. As i'd put it : Looks like the slidy depressable bits not there....
from trying to look at the photos closer, it looks like part of the metal subframe is missing, if you live in Scotland i may have the parts you need
Original Poster
mutley114 m ago

As toptrumpet says, the bracket on the right (god you are making me work …As toptrumpet says, the bracket on the right (god you are making me work hard with my left and right now ) needs to be turned round as it is not a feet but it is supposed to be attached to the the bracket on the left. You can see that the right sofa is at a lower level than the left one, so when bolted together, it should be at the same level as the one on the left.

oka the one in the pic is the left side one and the one on the right is the middle one,

the left sofa which we can't see, has no bar bracket and look's like middle sofa .

i think more pictures make this clear so we can get more of it

how do we turn the bracket
Original Poster
rtmlk10 m ago

You have a section on the left hand side which has 2 slot type grooves? on …You have a section on the left hand side which has 2 slot type grooves? on the right hand section should be another metal section fitted to the side with 2 lug / nut type connectors, the right hand section is missing .Can you take a photo of the 2 side sections, where they should clip together.I am an Upholsterer, if i know whats missing i may be able to help or guide to a website for the part

yess i take more pictures and find the right pieces, so be around 8 pm 😁
Are you sure you don't need to swap the right and left sections around, and then try again?
Pretty sure Tomtrumpet is right. Looks like the chair on the right bracket has been reverse to prevent it catching on anything.
jonmarz8925 m ago

oka the one in the pic is the left side one and the one on the right is …oka the one in the pic is the left side one and the one on the right is the middle one,the left sofa which we can't see, has no bar bracket and look's like middle sofa .i think more pictures make this clear so we can get more of ithow do we turn the bracket

If the bracket can not be turned, then you are missing a bracket that connects the two together. You may be able to use another bracket to connect them if you have a lot of junk like i do. Have a look around the sofa feet to see if they havent screwed the missing bracket some where.

The heart foundation would not accept furniture that is damaged so when they got given the sofa, the bracket would have been there. They may have lost the bracket during transit
jonmarz8926 m ago

oka the one in the pic is the left side one and the one on the right is …oka the one in the pic is the left side one and the one on the right is the middle one,the left sofa which we can't see, has no bar bracket and look's like middle sofa .i think more pictures make this clear so we can get more of ithow do we turn the bracket

you cannot turn '' the bracket'' as you don't have one :),
mutley13 m ago

If the bracket can not be turned, then you are missing a bracket that …If the bracket can not be turned, then you are missing a bracket that connects the two together. You may be able to use another bracket to connect them if you have a lot of junk like i do. Have a look around the sofa feet to see if they havent screwed the missing bracket some where.The heart foundation would not accept furniture that is damaged so when they got given the sofa, the bracket would have been there. They may have lost the bracket during transit

the BHF accept all furniture that looks good and has a fire retardancy sticker on it. There is NO bracket on the sofa the sub frame is missing, BHF could have used it on another corner unit as the parts are universal.
rtmlk7 m ago

the BHF accept all furniture that looks good and has a fire retardancy …the BHF accept all furniture that looks good and has a fire retardancy sticker on it. There is NO bracket on the sofa the sub frame is missing, BHF could have used it on another corner unit as the parts are universal.

When i tried to give my expensive leather sofa furniture to them, they were very picky and turned it down as they said it wasnt worth bringing their van round for sofas and display cabinet
rtmlk1 h, 22 m ago

Looks easy enough, the bracket on the right is flipped 180 degrees and rests on top of the bracket on the left and is screwed together. You can see the cut out for the bracket to slide across.

There's no way that chair floated in the air. Also look at the drop between the two side. Raised up they're in Alignment.

Op needs to get someone strong enough to flip the chairs on to their backs to connect them.
Usually recliners have their connecting brackets down the side of each section.
Something like this.
33363482-oaoTD.jpg
Original Poster
33365313-ADsBp.jpg
Original Poster
33365320-cPa74.jpgthe right side
Original Poster
33365323-0Esil.jpgthe left side
Original Poster
kester765 h, 45 m ago

Looks easy enough, the bracket on the right is flipped 180 degrees and …Looks easy enough, the bracket on the right is flipped 180 degrees and rests on top of the bracket on the left and is screwed together. You can see the cut out for the bracket to slide across. There's no way that chair floated in the air. Also look at the drop between the two side. Raised up they're in Alignment.Op needs to get someone strong enough to flip the chairs on to their backs to connect them.

uploaded more pics
Original Poster
rtmlk7 h, 8 m ago

uploaded more
Original Poster
33365363.jpgthe left
Edited by: "Pricklerickle" 2nd Mar
Original Poster
33365372-tfuVt.jpgthe right
Original Poster
33365393-NgcTe.jpgthe middle and the middle metal bits don't move
Original Poster
Toptrumpet8 h, 46 m ago

Alternatively, swivel round the ‘L’ shaped bracket 180’ and see if it slots …Alternatively, swivel round the ‘L’ shaped bracket 180’ and see if it slots on top of the other main bar bracket that way round. might have been pushed round the wrong way when being delivered.

uploaded more
The new photos dont help. But if you say the bracket does not move, then it would indicate you are missing a bracket to connect them together. Do the brackets that you have look like they can be bolted together at all
Original Poster
mutley110 m ago

The new photos dont help. But if you say the bracket does not move, then …The new photos dont help. But if you say the bracket does not move, then it would indicate you are missing a bracket to connect them together. Do the brackets that you have look like they can be bolted together at all

not really, hopefully the furniture guy knows, cause the left and right look complty different like the left has a bar over and the right doesn't and the middle is both facing away for them, i thought it just be put a bit of metal and connect them but can't work out how to fit them
jonmarz8916 m ago

not really, hopefully the furniture guy knows, cause the left and right …not really, hopefully the furniture guy knows, cause the left and right look complty different like the left has a bar over and the right doesn't and the middle is both facing away for them, i thought it just be put a bit of metal and connect them but can't work out how to fit them

Found this youtube video on how to dismantle and put a 3 seater recliner back together which may help. The feet of the middle section in the video looks like the one you have, so it appear there should be a huge bar that connects all 3 pieces together, (in fact two huge bars for the sofa in the video). Do you have such a bar

youtube.com/wat…NUs
Original Poster
mutley12nd Mar

Found this youtube video on how to dismantle and put a 3 seater recliner …Found this youtube video on how to dismantle and put a 3 seater recliner back together which may help. The feet of the middle section in the video looks like the one you have, so it appear there should be a huge bar that connects all 3 pieces together, (in fact two huge bars for the sofa in the video). Do you have such a barhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0K3iDKaNUs

nope, i don't think, when bhf delivered it, there put the cushions at bottom on but never had a bar
jonmarz892 m ago

nope, i don't think, when bhf delivered it, there put the cushions at …nope, i don't think, when bhf delivered it, there put the cushions at bottom on but never had a bar

If your sofa is similar to the one in the video, then you are missing a huge bar to connect the pieces together. If you knew the make of your sofa, you could google how to put it together.
jonmarz891 h, 17 m ago

not really, hopefully the furniture guy knows, cause the left and right …not really, hopefully the furniture guy knows, cause the left and right look complty different like the left has a bar over and the right doesn't and the middle is both facing away for them, i thought it just be put a bit of metal and connect them but can't work out how to fit them

Sorry for late reply i had to rank up on BF1

the 2 rails on the corner seat unit have been removed, the metal rails will lift the centre seat back level when the brackets are fitted.
The plastic feet have also been removed from the corner seat section,
the new parts have the full fittings. If the website does not get allowed through PM me i will send via PM

clockworkcomponents.com/pro…025
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants