Groups

Sofa and furniture best places to buy for new apartment

I will be moving into my new apartment in next few weeks and I have started to look for furniture epsecially sofa and dining table. I have been to DFS and soflogy. But they do seem far too exepnsive with delivery times of 16 weeks.

Next option is go for other online retailers like Tesco direct or even look on ebay. But I am not sure where to start as I do not want to end up buying something which won't last long and also there is no possiblity to see these items in person so you won't know if they will be any good.

I am doing this first time on my own and would really appreciate some advice on this topoi

13 Comments

I got my sofa and armchair from here at least 15 years ago. I was a bit dubious about buying without trying but they were really comfortable and the quality was excellent! I am looking to buy my new ones from here again. Their customer service is excellent.

sofasofa.co.uk/

I know what youre saying bout dfs .... but ive had my CREAM sofa ( with 2kids) for 9 years and it still looks absolutely fab!!!

Original Poster

coopern141 m ago

I know what youre saying bout dfs .... but ive had my CREAM sofa ( with …I know what youre saying bout dfs .... but ive had my CREAM sofa ( with 2kids) for 9 years and it still looks absolutely fab!!!

I am happy to pay extra if the product is significantly better. But it is always good to look for a "Hot deal". That is why all of us are here on this site
    Edited by: "rommy" 7th Jun

@rommy - I recently bought one after visiting sofology, DFS, Fabb Sofas and few other shops. We liked Fabb Sofas for the variety and price. I can't compare the price for the exact product but from what I have seen both DFS and Sofology had a steep price for the same set in Fabb Sofas. Fabb Sofas do take approx 10 weeks to deliver.

IKEA - always worth a look.

gnans

@rommy - I recently bought one after visiting sofology, DFS, Fabb Sofas … @rommy - I recently bought one after visiting sofology, DFS, Fabb Sofas and few other shops. We liked Fabb Sofas for the variety and price. I can't compare the price for the exact product but from what I have seen both DFS and Sofology had a steep price for the same set in Fabb Sofas. Fabb Sofas do take approx 10 weeks to deliver.

I work at Fabb, and if you go into the store and speak to the store manager, he will be able to help and advise on early lead times, also there may be sofas that are being replaced with the latest models so the show models will be for sale with a possibly reduced price with almost instant delivery.

Tesco Direct have some good prices at the moment.This was posted earlier.
    hotukdeals.com/dea…154

Ikea., good choices and styling, quality is good for the price.

The second hand furniture market is pretty low right now, that's definitely the way to go to get something excellent for not much money.

Argos, put in sofa packages into their search, big saving on buying as seperate items ( eg 2 sofas sofa and chair etc). Then use save25 in promo code for an extra 25% off. Might not last as long as a dfs sofa which are great quality, but great saving. Code ending soon. Also go via TCB for 1.06 cashback. And bonus , you get a £10 argos e-voucher.
    Edited by: "cornishscouse" 7th Jun

Original Poster

cornishscouse2 h, 27 m ago

Argos, put in sofa packages into their search, big saving on buying as …Argos, put in sofa packages into their search, big saving on buying as seperate items ( eg 2 sofas sofa and chair etc). Then use save25 in promo code for an extra 25% off. Might not last as long as a dfs sofa which are great quality, but great saving. Code ending soon. Also go via TCB for 1.06 cashback. And bonus , you get a £10 argos e-voucher.

Wow great spot. I will have a look now. Thank you
    Edited by: "rommy" 7th Jun

Original Poster

Code is not working

Don't forget to check the weight restrictions on sofas in Argos. I saw a three seater one I liked and there was a restriction of 110kg. Would be difficult to find 3 adults weighing less than 110kg. My partner is 90 kilos so if he sat on one then I couldn't sit on it with him. oO
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?67
      2. Quick EBay Nectar Question33
      3. Best IPTV Currently45
      4. fitbit exchange how? (prepaid creditcard)44

See more discussions