Sofa bed stuck between narrow hall and door way

Found 2nd FebEdited by:"pcangeldust"
Was moving sofa bed from upstairs into the living room, it got stuck between the hall way and the door into the living room. I don't know what to do and I am not exactly with the best of help.

The sofa bed mechanism is stuck in the door frame and there is no way to push it back in due to restrictions.

Is there a service I can call near NW London?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
33190743-Eark9.jpg
psychobitchfromhell4 m ago

Agree with the above. You aren't going to get anybody out at this time of …Agree with the above. You aren't going to get anybody out at this time of night. Go to bed, sleep on it and I'm sure in the morning the answer will be obvious. The amount of times things have seemed impossible to me yet a couple of hours later I amaze myself at how easy they were to fix. I'm sure it will be fine.

Probably can't sleep on it if the sofabed is stuck in a doorway.
23 Comments
First thing to do is chill , not much you can do about it tonight . In the morning look for- man with van , removals , or similar on Yell , check a trade , rated people or similar - people who move stuff for a living always know how to get furniture round corners and how to get stuck things unstuck . Meanwhile take a step back and consider your problem , maybe a bit of lateral thinking instead of brute force might work . Best of luck .
Edited by: "rogparki" 3rd Feb
Agree with the above. You aren't going to get anybody out at this time of night. Go to bed, sleep on it and I'm sure in the morning the answer will be obvious. The amount of times things have seemed impossible to me yet a couple of hours later I amaze myself at how easy they were to fix. I'm sure it will be fine.
psychobitchfromhell4 m ago

Agree with the above. You aren't going to get anybody out at this time of …Agree with the above. You aren't going to get anybody out at this time of night. Go to bed, sleep on it and I'm sure in the morning the answer will be obvious. The amount of times things have seemed impossible to me yet a couple of hours later I amaze myself at how easy they were to fix. I'm sure it will be fine.

fanpages7 m ago

I'm assuming it isn't the only bed in the house. Pretty scuppered if it is.
psychobitchfromhell6 m ago

I'm assuming it isn't the only bed in the house. Pretty scuppered if it is.

Can’t really sit down either in that case....as it’s probably the only sofa too.
33190743-Eark9.jpg
this reminds me of the time I tried getting my old sofa out the house and getting it stuck in the hallway no one Could get in or out the house had to take front door off in the end lol
Most people have trouble moving heavy furniture because of the need to lift and manoeuvre at the same time. If you are on a flat surface try and use a trolley (if available) or put it on a rug so you can drag it without damaging it. If you are going on stairs then straps would be the solution. As to getting stuck, if you think about it, it came in somehow so unless you have put up a wall it will go out. Don't feel committed to going forwards all the time. Take it back to the start and walk out through in your mind first. It may be that you need to rotate it before you commit to the passageway or turn. And work out how you are going to 'borrow space ' by putting a prominent part (back of sofa, legs of table etc) round corners of into doorways etc.
One more thought.... The sofa bed was delivered ready assembled, you didn't put the back on after delivery?
Use dynamite, should do the trick.
Grinder?
peterkay1119 m ago

Grinder?

As in the tool or the App?
Who can help you on here ? This is the funniest comment iv heard
You should have called your family qnd friends and let them take over
Cakeboy7919 m ago

As in the tool or the App?

I would assume you would be able to find someone on Grindr with an appropriate tool at around midnight on a Friday night in NW London!
Just reading all the comments now haha, I gave up last night and had to sleep in the living room. No one could go walk through the hall but we got it out this morning. Although it just won't fit into the living room.
33193415-Bk7CB.jpghave you tried that? If you have it as an L shape on the floor and put in the longest side first, then the bottom of the L.
MIDURIX56 m ago

[Image] have you tried that? If you have it as an L shape on the floor and …[Image] have you tried that? If you have it as an L shape on the floor and put in the longest side first, then the bottom of the L.

I tried this but the space between the door and stairs is too cramped to turn it in that position.
"The sofa bed mechanism is stuck in the door frame and there is no way to push it back in due to restrictions. "

So it's become unfolded?

Without being there or even pictures it's very hard to tell what the restriction is.

If it's a mechanism trying to expand that has the sofabed stuck then you could either try and push the rest of the sofabed into the mechanism to either latch it shut again (if it does) or try and get some straps or rope around it to hold it close.

Poles may be involved in the latter. It may be helpful to have a pole with a right angle on the end (broom, rake etc.) to hold the mechanism shut while you thread the rope past it.
EndlessWaves6 m ago

"The sofa bed mechanism is stuck in the door frame and there is no way to …"The sofa bed mechanism is stuck in the door frame and there is no way to push it back in due to restrictions. "So it's become unfolded?Without being there or even pictures it's very hard to tell what the restriction is.If it's a mechanism trying to expand that has the sofabed stuck then you could either try and push the rest of the sofabed into the mechanism to either latch it shut again (if it does) or try and get some straps or rope around it to hold it close.Poles may be involved in the latter. It may be helpful to have a pole with a right angle on the end (broom, rake etc.) to hold the mechanism shut while you thread the rope past it.

It was a stupid spring loaded mechanism that would jump out at the slightest move. There is no way to lock it in and by the time we noticed it was sensitive it was too late to do anything about it. We got it out nontheless at the expense of the door frame but there is no way the sofa can fit intoo the living room due to space between staircase and door being too limited to turn or wiggle the thing in. The arms of the sofa get stuck and there doesn't seem to be a solution just a cluster of problems. I think the only way to get it in is to cut off the arms and that's not exactly practical.
Edited by: "pcangeldust" 3rd Feb
pcangeldust30 m ago

It was a stupid spring loaded mechanism that would jump out at the …It was a stupid spring loaded mechanism that would jump out at the slightest move. There is no way to lock it in and by the time we noticed it was sensitive it was too late to do anything about it. We got it out nontheless at the expense of the door frame but there is no way the sofa can fit intoo the living room due to space between staircase and door being too limited to turn or wiggle the thing in. The arms of the sofa get stuck and there doesn't seem to be a solution just a cluster of problems. I think the only way to get it in is to cut off the arms and that's not exactly practical.

You'd never be able to move it if you cut your arms off.

Alternate option: Move your living room upstairs where the sofabed started.
fanpages1 h, 4 m ago

You'd never be able to move it if you cut your arms off.Alternate option: …You'd never be able to move it if you cut your arms off.Alternate option: Move your living room upstairs where the sofabed started.

pcangeldust1 h, 35 m ago

It was a stupid spring loaded mechanism that would jump out at the …It was a stupid spring loaded mechanism that would jump out at the slightest move. There is no way to lock it in and by the time we noticed it was sensitive it was too late to do anything about it. We got it out nontheless at the expense of the door frame but there is no way the sofa can fit intoo the living room due to space between staircase and door being too limited to turn or wiggle the thing in. The arms of the sofa get stuck and there doesn't seem to be a solution just a cluster of problems. I think the only way to get it in is to cut off the arms and that's not exactly practical.

Will it fit through the window frame? You could pop the glass out and hey presto.
Just out of curiosity, what did you do with it in the end?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants