Sofa order delayed again

Posted 24th Feb 2021
Hi all,

I'm sure many people are in this position given COVID and the recent property buying incentives.
I ordered a sofa from Sofology last November and I expected delays as usual. My initial delivery date was January, which got moved to March - which was fine given the circumstances. But now it's been delayed again to April.

Should I seek to get some discount given the extended delays?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    If you don’t ask, you don’t get
    I would have lost my patience by now & cancelled.

Then bought the same thing elsewhere much cheaper
    Absolutely you should try asking, there’s a massive difference between January (when you expected the item to be delivered) and April. Personally in this situation I’d be inclined to give them a call and tell them that I was thinking of cancelling the order and buying a sofa from somewhere else that had them in stock and see what they say.
    Anyway.

I have read the terms & they say the following:

1: You can cancel free of charge if the extended date is not acceptable/reasonable (regardless of what they say on the phone)
    2: You are entitled to a £50 reduction should you continue with the order
    3: You can ask them & they should supply you with temporary, suitable furniture until the delivery
    4: You can change your order for another product (edited)
    Mark_Hickman24/02/2021 20:09

The sofas come from china thats why there are long wait times, they tell …The sofas come from china thats why there are long wait times, they tell you its because they are hand made to order but in reality its because they're at sea for a month.Ive seen dfs sofas pulled apart and chinese address and company tags are on stapled to parts inside, one guy put a post on somewhere a while back saying when he reclined his sofa the chinese tags where attached under foot area

With DFS the leather ones are normally almost always from China some of the others come from Poland but some of them are actually made in the UK.
    Sofology are same group as DFS and most are made in same factories. As DFS deliver in 6 weeks it seems strange that the more expensive Sofology are unable to deliver on time unless it is being made outside the UK? (edited)
    Before contacting them, I would check the T&C's on your order paperwork - wouldn't be surprised if they use covid as an excuse for the delay and that is covered in their T&C's.
    HappyShopper24/02/2021 19:33

Before contacting them, I would check the T&C's on your order paperwork - …Before contacting them, I would check the T&C's on your order paperwork - wouldn't be surprised if they use covid as an excuse for the delay and that is covered in their T&C's.

I suspect even if they did have that term it would be uneforceable. Every seller & buyer has a duty to behave reasonably regardless of terms.
    chrb24/02/2021 18:07

Sofology are same group as DFS and most are made in same factories. As …Sofology are same group as DFS and most are made in same factories. As DFS deliver in 6 weeks it seems strange that the more expensive Sofology are unable to deliver on time unless it is being made outside the UK?

The sofas come from china thats why there are long wait times, they tell you its because they are hand made to order but in reality its because they're at sea for a month.
    Ive seen dfs sofas pulled apart and chinese address and company tags are on stapled to parts inside, one guy put a post on somewhere a while back saying when he reclined his sofa the chinese tags where attached under foot area (edited)
's avatar
Top Merchants