Groups
    EXPIRED

sofa sos .com anyone used them?

been keeping my eye out for a new sofa as mine are looking really tatty now. was going to go to DFS and pay it off monthly as i've just paid for my holiday but stumbled across this site today sofasos.com and their prices are really cheap. anyone used them before?
    thanks in advance

21 Comments

i was looking for some sofa's just after xmas, and i came across their website then, they had some good deals and i rang them up, they have warehouse (in wolverhampton if i remember correctly) were you can go and see/try the sofa's. Their sofa's cheap and cheerful so the standard/quality wont be as good as somewhere like DFS etc...

Original Poster

Abz;8627803

i was looking for some sofa's just after xmas, and i came across their … i was looking for some sofa's just after xmas, and i came across their website then, they had some good deals and i rang them up, they have warehouse (in wolverhampton if i remember correctly) were you can go and see/try the sofa's. Their sofa's cheap and cheerful so the standard/quality wont be as good as somewhere like DFS etc...

thanks wolverhampton isn't too far from me. just out of interest where did you end up getting yours from?

Original Poster

you see my dilema is whether to buy a cheap one and pay it off upfront or get a dearer one on credit, bit confused as to what to do as a dearer one would be better quality yet you're paying it off for an age afterwards.

missp27;8627832

thanks wolverhampton isn't too far from me. just out of interest where … thanks wolverhampton isn't too far from me. just out of interest where did you end up getting yours from?

i ended up getting my from Harveys at end....paid a few more £££ but got the most comfy sofa's ever...

harveysfurniture.co.uk/pro…spx

everytime the wife sits on them she falls asleep :-D

missp27;8627850

you see my dilema is whether to buy a cheap one and pay it off upfront … you see my dilema is whether to buy a cheap one and pay it off upfront or get a dearer one on credit, bit confused as to what to do as a dearer one would be better quality yet you're paying it off for an age afterwards.

pay as much as you can and then get the rest on credit...best way....trust me its better to pay a bit extra then the cheap and cheerful ones!

Original Poster

that looks nice although i saw harveys on watchdog the other week so kind of puts me off!
    the two sofas i have at the moment are the comfiest sofas on earth, if i just lay down on one i know i'll be straight to sleep, lol. sadly they are looking very tatty what with two kids and having had them a good 6 or 7 years. they were second had when i had them, they were my ex mother in laws but were too squashy for her so quite new when i had them. they really need replacing now unfortunatly.
    looking at corner sofas because my front room is quite square so would fit in nicely.

Banned

my sister got these, must admit thought they gonna be pretty crap but they really are comfy

harveysfurniture.co.uk/pro…spx

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;8627993

why not get one free off freecycle :thumbsup:

because why would someone give something away unless it's old or something wrong with it. i wan't a new one

my large 4 seater would probably go on freecycle going to keep my two seater for my conservatory with a throw over it cos it's nice and comfy, just looking a bit tired!

Original Poster

at the moment i quite like this one
    sofasos.com/mat…htm and it's affordable too, just have no idea what the company and quality are like

Banned

missp27;8628032

at the moment i quite like this … at the moment i quite like this onehttp://www.sofasos.com/materials-5/leather-sofas-7/cameron-leather-corner-sofa-464.htm and it's affordable too, just have no idea what the company and quality are like

looks very square and uncomfortable, all the ones i have ever sat on like this aint comfy

Original Poster

sassie;8628050

looks very square and uncomfortable, all the ones i have ever sat on like … looks very square and uncomfortable, all the ones i have ever sat on like this aint comfy

hmm that's true, at the mo i don't know whether to go for fabric or leather, soo confuzzled as i've never bought a sofa myself always just acquired them off family, i think at the grand old age of 33 it's time i bought a new one, lol

Banned

missp27;8628073

hmm that's true, at the mo i don't know whether to go for fabric or … hmm that's true, at the mo i don't know whether to go for fabric or leather, soo confuzzled as i've never bought a sofa myself always just acquired them off family, i think at the grand old age of 33 it's time i bought a new one, lol

my old one was so comfy, i regret the day i ever sent it off to the tip, i went for leather this time as found nothing material type i liked, my new one aint that comfy compared to my sisters and i paid double what she did :oops:

I used SofaSOS, delievery was about 3 weeks, bought the brown 3 + 2 bayley set, within 6 weeks, the 3 seater collapsed at the back of the left hand seat, i complained to them, wanted a refund, and they told me no. after months and months of backwards and forwards, we finally agreed on an exchange. by this time we got a dfs sofa, don't use SofaSOS, the director was very rude and actually told me to take the replacements and sell them on ebay or the yellow paper.

any one used sofa sos on oxford st wolverhampton let me know

i brought a sofa from SOFA SOS, i paid £450, TWO WEEKS later the sofa was falling apart, i phoned SOFA SOS and told them, they told me they were going to fix it..... A MONTH later i still had a sofa which was falling apart, it wasn't just a little rip here and there, it was literally falling apart to the point where the cushion covers became a pile of rags, the base lining was un-even, the wood was breaking, and the backing was coming away, they sent an inspector out to look at the sofa, whom agreed that SOFA SOS had given me a VERY poor quality sofa. SOFA SOS then agreed to take it back and give me a full refund, they took the sofa from my home (which had only the damage from poor quailty, none from me) after a few weeks of waiting for my refund to go into my bank, i got fed up and phoned SOFA SOS, and asked the woman when i should expecct my refund, she told me the manager was on holiday and there for she couldn't help me at this time, she told me to phone back in two weeks, two weeks later i phoned back, i got through to the same woman, only difference was... now she was claiming to be the manager, she had the same voice, the same unhelpful attitude, and the same name, yet she denied ever speaking to me, i then asked her when i was to expect my refund, she would not give me the date and was very short with me and rushed me off the phone, a week later i received £50 into my bank from SOFA SOS. i phoned SOFA SOS very confused and they would not explain and hung up on me, a few days later i received a letter stating that the sofa that was collected from my home, had multiple cigarette burns, heavy soiling, and battering, they claimed i had mistreated the sofa and there for were only refunding me £50 from the £450 i paid for it. this was totally untrue!!! that sofa left my home with no more damage than the damage caused by poor quality. i have a child whome was 2 at the time, NOBODY smokes in my home, and i would never "heavily soil" any of my belongings, i am a 25 year old disabled single widowed mother, i told them this and also told them i could not afford to get ripped off, they swore at me over the phone and were very rude, and when i told them i would take them to court the woman actually laughed at me and hung up, i never in a million years thought they could be so evil. i phoned back and by this time was very upset, i explained that i would have to sit on the hard floor with my child for at least four or five months till i could save for a new sofa, and literally begged them to have a heart and not rip me off, here words to me were "PROVE IT LOVE" when i emailed them about our convosations, they acted as if they didn't happen, i asked countless times for photographic proof that the sofa was infact in the contition they stated, but had no luck. i till this day have never gotten my money back from them. i urge anyone who is thinking of buying anything from SOFA SOS to go to somewhere well known. i am still angry and upset that they could and DID do this to me......this is their address.......

Sofa SOS
    Unit 2
    Stag Industrial Estate
    Oxford Street
    Bilston
    WV14 7HZ
    Edited by: "lilly123" 10th Sep 2012

Seems to be a feature that one comment users have problems with Sofa SOS

markjames3367174

any one used sofa sos on oxford st wolverhampton let me know

please read my comment about sofa sos, don't be ripped off like me, go to somewhere well known, it might cost you more money but in the long term it will save you hasstle and save you from being ripped off

Thanks Lilly was just going to buy a sofa from SOS then read what you said and how your were treated, I'll go else where now.

WoolyM

Seems to be a feature that one comment users have problems with Sofa SOS

I've commented more than once - do you think I'll be ok then?

omg so glad i just read this, was just about to order off them....thank you !!

This is not good just read the bad message and the sofa is on its a way tomorow we already paI'd the deleivery fee.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764216
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      3. What do these 2 men have in common1013
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846168

See more discussions