Sofas

Posted 15th Feb 2019
Hi guys,

Anyone recommend a good place to buy some Sofas. Budget is around £450 - £599.

What's DFS/Harverys like?

We've had our current set from Argos for 9 years and they're still going strong but fancy a change.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
Dfs are actually good. The guarantee seems very good (on the frame) but if you’ve had one for years I doubt you’re a heavy body who might break it .
I’ve had 2 couches from dfs both lasted 6 years plus and only changed due to wanting a change nothing wrong with them at the end.
Wow Argos sofa lasted that long I'm shocked, you must be feather weight or it hardly gets used. I'm waiting on a sofa from DFS. My last sofa was from land of leathers so you can tell the sofa has been around for a while lol the leather still looks as new just the cushioning has gone and cost too much to fix almost as much as a new sofa.
Last one from DFS lasted 10 years so bought from there again last year.
deleted232933
Danze198415/02/2019 17:06

Last one from DFS lasted 10 years so bought from there again last year.

What’s the cheapest ones like £499 ones etc...
deleted23293315/02/2019 17:18

What’s the cheapest ones like £499 ones etc...

Like these? dfs.co.uk/alv…d-1

I'd suggest the formal back on them at the very least. Think you can upgrade the cushions on the inside too, which will make them more hard wearing.
stay away from dfs. 2 years and expensive sofa looked a mess.
swapped back to m&s.
Ikea we have one from there and ate very happy with it
deleted232933
Danze198415/02/2019 17:22

Like these? https://www.dfs.co.uk/alvia/lvi24aodd-1I'd suggest the formal …Like these? https://www.dfs.co.uk/alvia/lvi24aodd-1I'd suggest the formal back on them at the very least. Think you can upgrade the cushions on the inside too, which will make them more hard wearing.

This

dfs.co.uk/hen…n-1
I too recommend DFS, bought one last year and they delivered it to me in Spain for £49, exactly the same delivery charge as in the UK. Bought a corner settee on half price promotion for £999. I took out the 4 years interest free credit with them through Barclays finance and pay less than £21 per month. Good product. Good price. Good service.
(I bought the cushion back option rather than formal back and have no children. The formal back would be better for families)
37069483-rXQL9.jpg
deleted23293315/02/2019 18:17

This https://www.dfs.co.uk/henry/hen73ahzn-1

If that is the one you want to buy, it’s not made of 100% leather, only the cushions and I think armrests are leather, the rest is faux leather. Probably best to go to the store and look at it properly.
deleted232933
Toptrumpet15/02/2019 18:30

If that is the one you want to buy, it’s not made of 100% leather, only t …If that is the one you want to buy, it’s not made of 100% leather, only the cushions and I think armrests are leather, the rest is faux leather. Probably best to go to the store and look at it properly.

Thanks, what store would you recommend for real leather?
Edited by: "deleted232933" 15th Feb 2019
deleted23293315/02/2019 18:40

This any good?https://www.dfs.co.uk/neron/nrn13apmu

That’s a combination of real and faux leather as well.
It looks like dfs only do a few ranges in 100% leather (the £1500 ranges), some ranges you can pay extra to upgrade to 100% leather but that will obviously cost extra.
Probably best if you go instore and have a closer look at your price range settees.
Faux leather is ok and will also be covered in their guarantee, it might be hard to tell which bit is real and which is fake, so don’t write them off before you see and try them.
deleted1080215
Look at Next. Their prices are slightly higher than others, but it includes the extras such as fabric protector etc that others charge extra for. This can make it cheaper, for a much better quality product.

Also the quality is great, and if you change your mind they will swap without hassle within 30 days. So if the colour isn't quite right you can swap it.
Spent £1800 on a Harvey’s sofa what took 16 weeks to come but it is ok, does the job...
deleted23293315/02/2019 18:37

Thanks, what store would you recommend for real leather?

With DFS you can upgrade any leather to real leather. They have the basic then a middle and top one is called club leather.
We recently purchased a 3 seater from Quatropi for £699 its the best sofa we have ever purchased the quality is fantastic and we usually spend alot more than that.
Its generally not a cheap shop as they sell quality stuff, but sometimes they have offers in their sale section.
We have purchased other stuff from them before so we knew what to expect. See their trustpilot reviews
deleted232933
I’ve been out. Will feedback later.
deleted232933
Went to DFS and found some £549 range to £1500 and all looked ok and good for the price. Asked about guarantee and it’s 15 years assembly and 2 years warranty for regular wear and tear. Cannot be extended at all.

S.C.S was better in my opinion. Quality of sofas were nice and were on sale. 1 year guarantee can be extended to 5 years for £200. Covers accidental damage.

Leaning towards S.C.S.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants