Sofa’s

Posted 26th Dec 2019
Can anyone recommend a sofa retailer online or a shop other than DFS, SCS, Sofology ?
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
Harveys / Natuzzi.

We've just recently bought a new Harveys 3 / 2 / footstool (yet to be delivered).

Went to all the stores Op has mentioned plus Harveys and Natuzzi.

Harveys, for us, were the standout in terms size / comfiness / quality / shop staff.

No salesperson chasing us about the store, unlike DFS / SCS / Sofology.

The only disappointing thing is the items we have ordered have been further reduced in the Boxing Day sales.
Avoid dfs. Paid 1.5k for a recliner with “leather”. Average at best. Depends on your budget tbh. My friend got a pair from next which has put up really well over 4 years with kids jumping over. However that being said they paid 3.5k for it.
I wonder if DFS are having a sale?
instalment payments are a rip off

for example, a sofa straight out costs £300
you pay instalments, it costs £700
Where are you based ? We bought our sofa from Cousins cousinsfurniture.com we bought a Nattuzi for less than half the price it would have cost from one of their stores. They also have an amazing range.
ikea. saw some decent ones at ikea, which surprises me as ikea stuff are a bit too basic for me but their sofa range is pretty good and seem decent value for money.

i don't know about the quality though.
Mendoza26/12/2019 15:08

instalment payments are a rip off for example, a sofa straight out …instalment payments are a rip off for example, a sofa straight out costs £300you pay instalments, it costs £700

DFS (among others) offer interest free finance payments
joyf453626/12/2019 15:01

I wonder if DFS are having a sale?

we bought sofas from DFS last year and it was the first time that we had looked at anything at DFS. i didn't know they always have a sale until someone on here said that was the case, lol. however, although they have constant sales, some sales are bigger than others.
M&S
jbecker26/12/2019 15:16

Where are you based ? We bought our sofa from Cousins …Where are you based ? We bought our sofa from Cousins https://www.cousinsfurniture.com we bought a Nattuzi for less than half the price it would have cost from one of their stores. They also have an amazing range.

Thanks, didnt think of Cousins. Am based in West Mids. Have brought sofas from these guys simplystylishsofas.co.uk - have one 3-seater and two 2-seaters leather and manual recliner. They are very decent quality. They dont have much variety though and now i am looking for new sofas for the lounge.
psychedelicrenegade26/12/2019 14:51

Harveys / Natuzzi.We've just recently bought a new Harveys 3 / 2 / …Harveys / Natuzzi.We've just recently bought a new Harveys 3 / 2 / footstool (yet to be delivered).Went to all the stores Op has mentioned plus Harveys and Natuzzi.Harveys, for us, were the standout in terms size / comfiness / quality / shop staff.No salesperson chasing us about the store, unlike DFS / SCS / Sofology.The only disappointing thing is the items we have ordered have been further reduced in the Boxing Day sales.

Thanks will give Harveys a try. Went to a Natuzzi once, thought they were very expensive and not a soul in sight in the whole store except for one sales guy sitting on the computer.
39504397-g7fbh.jpg
I bought this sofa from Argos and the quality is amazing, I bought two. Local family business make them to order. Not over priced big company, and it’s got five year guarantee on the frame and two years on the seats etc.
Have a look at Next. Just received a brochure from Littlewoods and they have some lovely looking sofas in the sale.
Saxon Leather in Bolton...
Next have some nice sofas
Another vote for Cousins, they have some really nice stuff and it's still worth the drive if you're not close (It took us about an hour to get there). We're really happy with the suite.
Have a look at Costco - I git an email the other day with a few sofas listed
They are sooo comfy
sir78626/12/2019 16:56

Thanks will give Harveys a try. Went to a Natuzzi once, thought they were …Thanks will give Harveys a try. Went to a Natuzzi once, thought they were very expensive and not a soul in sight in the whole store except for one sales guy sitting on the computer.

I've just bought a sofa from Harveys.
Online and instore it was a multibuy offer aka 1 two seater sofa was £2000 but if you bought 2 two seaters it was 40% off each so you got 2 two seater sofas for 2 grand.
My problem was I could only fit 1 sofa into my tiny living room.
So I phoned the pre-sales team and the guy said there was a way around it aka they put 1 sofa in the order and add a £45 leather kit into the sale which still gives you the multibuy offer.
I've also seen 1 couch on black friday at £800 and now after black friday it is £2000.
It's as if they drop prices on half their stock, then put them back up to 'RRP' and drop price on the other half.
Also if you are getting a sofa which can be split into singular parts phone them for the individual price list of each part and build your own sofa instead of just buying the one on display online.
I had to do this for sizing reasons because I ended up with a small corner couch instead.
Just a thought - they are sneaky.
Edited by: "Cloeeez" 27th Dec 2019
Sofa Workshop, I have had my settees for 18 years, still look as good as when they arrived and no problem with the frame etc. I have renewed the cushion filling but still worth every penny I spent. Seems expensive when I first bought them but such value for money. The material is really good quality and hard wearing and they also supplied matching material to cover my dining chairs.
Got mine from Next. Good quality and super comfy.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions