Posted 5th Jan 2022 (Posted 11 h, 29 m ago)
Hey guys,

We need a couple of sofas, we've narrowed down to:

* French Connection Zinc (from DFS)
* Rochester (from M&S)

I also liked Felix from M&S but my wife felt it was too small.

Does anyone own these and care to comment? I found some mostly positive sfuff on the Zinc one on Mumsnet, but not much on Felix.

Thoughts much appreciated!
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
9 Comments
  1. Avatar
    avoid dfs unless you are planning on changing your sofa in 12 months time. had m&s, then discovered now back to m&s sofa.
  2. Avatar
    Author
    Ah right! Some reviews suggested they were not too bad on timing now, especially with lines like this one, but good to know!
  3. Avatar
    We got DFS FC Zinc. I like it. Came about a month early, before Christmas when expecting it after.
  4. Avatar
    Our DFS sofa is about a year old is shocking how bad the firmness of the cushions has become!
  5. Avatar
    oldskooladdict05/01/2022 09:00

Ah right! Some reviews suggested they were not too bad on timing now, …Ah right! Some reviews suggested they were not too bad on timing now, especially with lines like this one, but good to know!

I meant quality.
  6. Avatar
    Author
    AMaky05/01/2022 12:57

I meant quality.

Ah so you meant M&S appear superior to dfs? I guess it depends what model in both cases really doesn't it? Some stuff in both places looked knackered, and that's the show stuff! As for sofa.com in house of fraser, man they all looked pants!

jimmyjazzisjazz05/01/2022 09:07

We got DFS FC Zinc. I like it. Came about a month early, before Christmas …We got DFS FC Zinc. I like it. Came about a month early, before Christmas when expecting it after.

Thanks, that's handy, we have a small arm chair and an ancient rocking chair in a new lounge, hardly ideal, our old sofa was top long to fit, d'oh!
    Edited by: "oldskooladdict" 7 h, 8 m ago
  7. Avatar
    oldskooladdict05/01/2022 13:12

Ah so you meant M&S appear superior to dfs? I guess it depends what model …Ah so you meant M&S appear superior to dfs? I guess it depends what model in both cases really doesn't it? Some stuff in both places looked knackered, and that's the show stuff! As for sofa.com in house of fraser, man they all looked pants!Thanks, that's handy, we have a small arm chair and an ancient rocking chair in a new lounge, hardly ideal, our old sofa was top long to fit, d'oh!

from personal experience yes.
  8. Avatar
    We were looking to grab a second hand zinc before Xmas, but noticed alot of the seat cushions seemed to be out of shape (the edging was always sloped where people had been sitting) even in relatively newer ones. Our existing DFS sofa has been a total workhorse though and it still looks brand new...
    Edited by: "shepademus" 5 m ago
  9. Avatar
    Author
    Interesting, perhaps because the arms are quite narrow so people put more pressure on the cushion next to the arm, which might in turn put more pressure on the edge of the seat pad I guess. Hmm!
Post a comment
Top Merchants